New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by Jlyncher, Jul 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlesXavier

CharlesXavier Junior Member

Dislikes Received:
    One of the things being discussed is that blood flow isnt the cause for male pattern baldness..im not saying its "the" reason but it deffenetily can be a factor...i have noticed the scalps of my friends that have good hair have a red tone to them....as if circulation was much better.usually people with balding heads have a shiny slick and paler look to them..obviously we do have some circulation duh but it is weakened..again obviously this isnt the only reason but male pattern baldness is a cluster **** of symptoms..any thoughts?

2. Armando Jose

Armando Jose Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    your comment is a corollary of my theory ..... not by forced hairs to stay but for problems with sebum flow.....

3. I.D WALKER

I.D WALKER Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm reasonably satisfied with the innumerable clinical studies(no I haven't read them all):book: supporting the placebo/psychosomatic phenomenon. Albeit it's mechanism, so to speak is unknown or inexplicable , studies continue to demonstrate it has measurable enough degree of evidence worth noting. Undeniably it would be an added bonus to have the science behind DRing to substantiate it's efficacy. I've decided to give my "science comes first" attitude a back seat for a few months and allow myself permission to assimilate the less conventional fly on a whim and prayer mindset. As long as I prioritize proper sterilization methods each time I DR and consistently adhere to "my routine," I need not worry about much else. Just because I can afford to be ignorant does not necessarily mean that I enjoy this state. If I achieve any results even temporarily using DR the gifted horse can stay unwrapped in its paper package for the time being.:sun: I should also acknowledge that my experience will not necessary mirror anyone else's. All the best.

4. Kirby

Kirby Member

Dislikes Received:
    dsd's photos are good, very good, and I encourage him to continue to monitor and photograph that area. However, his results so far do not 'prove' the effectiveness of dermarolling, as the images are consistent with a positive early response to minoxidil.

5. I.D WALKER

I.D WALKER Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    That's really a fair assessment Kirby . Whichever factor is responsible he's getting results,:) which is what counts the most right now IMHO.

Kirby and WhitePolarBear like this.
  6. sweetsymphony

sweetsymphony Junior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Figured you'd say that. The India study included minoxidil remember?

However, I don't disagree with the way you think either. It's just that if someone does get good results while they DR and use minoxidil, we won't truly know which helped.

7. Kirby

Kirby Member

Dislikes Received:
    But if dsd (if anyone else) hadn't used minoxidil, someone would've said "oh, he hasn't followed the study, his results are irrelevant". Sceptics just can't win whatever they say.

8. benjt

benjt Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    There are only two ways these DR community trials could've worked:

1) Test groups that are big enough to minimize statistical deviations, i.e. at least ~20 people only on minoxidil and at least ~20 in minoxidil + dermarolling, with approximately equal distribution of Norwood classifications in both groups. And, on top of that, all the people in both groups sticking to their regimen w/o changing it all the time.
    2) People that have been on minoxidil a substantial amount of time to reach a stable state, i.e. where no more minoxidil-induced regrowth occurs. Depending on the person, this can be after 6 to 18 months. Once this stable state has been reached, you continue your minoxidil regimen but additionally dermaroll according to the study's protocol. This way, one could assess whether DR yields additional results over just using minoxidil.

Kirby likes this.
  9. LayZ

LayZ Junior Member

Dislikes Received:
    You mean:

The only way we could have determined if this really worked, was if we had an organized community trial.

Nothing like this remotely happened...

10. sweetsymphony

sweetsymphony Junior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I agree and like your scientific approach to this. However, it would be difficult to get all the testers to follow the study exactly and to monitor their own results without bias.

You will need to have someone else take the pictures or have microscopic ones like the photos dsd had taken at the exact spots. Someone will have to take charge to organize all of this and to analyze the final results. Obviously not everyone will see growth in either groups and the DR group will all be rolling at different strengths (difficult to control).

I like the idea of a community trial but don't see it happening anytime soon.

11. Parsia

Parsia Member

Dislikes Received:
    Guys , I'm going to do my 10th rolling tomorrow , But I will leave U.S for 2 weeks to see my family and I'm on vacation I can't do hard rolling , Because I don't like to see with itchy scalp and etc which you know , Since we need to do rolling for 12 weeks and then stop it for 2 months , do you have any suggestion for me ? do you think its better if I stop it at 10 weeks for 2 month or doing soft roll in next two weeks?

12. bappenlabapp

bappenlabapp Guest

13. 2young2retire

2young2retire Member

Dislikes Received:

Attached Files:

AndresCCP likes this.
  14. theRA

theRA Member

Dislikes Received:
    hmm, why not do the same angles? :) what about the front?

WhitePolarBear likes this.
  15. 2young2retire

2young2retire Member

Dislikes Received:
    the way it improved is like the circle of thinning balding spot decrease diametricaly.,

Quadzilla99 likes this.
  16. dreamermerlin

dreamermerlin Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow that's pretty impressive!
    What angles? Form that angle the previous picture would look even worse.
    That is practically no balding, after just 3 months.

17. hairregrowth21

Dislikes Received:
    2y- are you still rolling? If so, how often? You were consistent at 1.5MM the whole time right?

How many times each way were you going and were you going horizontally and vertically as well?

18. dawnfall

dawnfall New Member

Dislikes Received:
    2 young, do you think it would be possible to make a video of you rolling? I think you are giving hope to a couple of us here, since we can see that it is clearly working on you, I am pretty sure some would copy your way of doing it (preparation, the rolling + after) that would be awesome.

19. hairregrowth21

Dislikes Received:
    And how many rolls has it been now?

20. Admin

Admin Administrator My Regimen
    Staff Member

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thread Locked.

HairLossTalk Members:

I've been at this for 14 years now, so please know that I am the first to acknowledge the need for something that "works". I know exactly where you're all coming from, and I feel strongly for the turmoil you deal with on a daily basis, with this disfiguring condition known as hair loss. So please don't take my actions here as any reflection of disregard, or lack of empathy. I have just reached a point where I personally, inside of myself, am not comfortable with this topic anymore. So I personally - for me - have decided that I need to lock the thread, and discourage further discussion of dermarolling on this forum.

Yes ... I know some people are growing hair back. But when I read things like "Your lymph glands may swell, and blood may drip from your nose" ... this horrifies me. The dangers of introducing infectious agents directly into your blood stream (which is exactly what you're doing), are countless. The ramifications of doing so can extend to long term health issues. Many studies have proven that breaks in the dental skin, over time, lead to heart problems and systemic inflammation, which can lead to disease. Its all because of direct introduction of bacteria and viruses into the bloodstream. But when I saw the image below, I needed to stop the conversation. For obvious reasons.

I hope you guys understand where I am coming from, and .... you're smart enough to know that this will offend the sensitivities of some individuals. Unfortunately I have to act on behalf of the most sensitive in the group (of which, apparently, I am one), because the community is more important than the few adventurous ones here. I would like to strongly suggest creating a blog site or something on another domain where you can freely discuss these things. I won't discourage you from having links to your blog (just hold off on the Google ads over there please). This is the internet, and its value is free exchange of information, and freedom to do what you want with your own body. I just can't have this stuff on my site anymore. I apologize to everyone, and am glad that you're seeing some results. Future threads asking about dermaroller will be locked and a link will be placed to this post underneath them.

Thanks for understanding guys.

hair loss talk Admin.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.