New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

karankaran

At least , the semen thread did not have self initiated crackpot theories and fanatics defending it like a religion! There was a time when this thread had scientific studies posted out of context and now even that is not happening!

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
you are kicked out of the study, go sit in the corner:)

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Keep rolling guys, it really is working we just need at LEAST 6-12 months to see real results. Hair growth does not happen overnight, it's .016" per day or .5 inches per month for healthy hair. Everyone needs to understand it's going to take some time to restart or grow follicles. Think about a babies head, it takes 2-3 years for baby hair to start looking like real thick normal hair. I'm just going to sit back, roll once a week and let it happen.

BTW... love all the new avatars haha... pretty cool.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you still rolling weekly or have you followed the study and stopped or cut back. As of now I plan on doing the 12 weeks then go bi weekly or monthly with minoxidil 1x day. Adding glycol acid peels weekly like squeegee.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
At least , the semen thread did not have self initiated crackpot theories and fanatics defending it like a religion! There was a time when this thread had scientific studies posted out of context and now even that is not happening!

There was a time when this thread karakakaakrankarkranakarankarankara wasn't around :)..You can go back in the semen thread and talk with your fellow chronic masturbators about how cool it is to walk around with your "load" on your dumb pumkin? cumshot!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masturbation#Compulsive_masturbation
- - - Updated - - -

Keep rolling guys, it really is working we just need at LEAST 6-12 months to see real results. Hair growth does not happen overnight, it's .016" per day or .5 inches per month for healthy hair. Everyone needs to understand it's going to take some time to restart or grow follicles. Think about a babies head, it takes 2-3 years for baby hair to start looking like real thick normal hair. I'm just going to sit back, roll once a week and let it happen.

BTW... love all the new avatars haha... pretty cool.

Love the new avatars as well! keep the updates coming!:)

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are you still rolling weekly or have you followed the study and stopped or cut back. As of now I plan on doing the 12 weeks then go bi weekly or monthly with minoxidil 1x day. Adding glycol acid peels weekly like squeegee.

Going weekly, I don't see any downside to it at this point. Either the wounding is creating new follicles or the minoxidil is better absorbed so I don't see the need to stop. Anyone have any theories as to why we should stop?

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Going weekly, I don't see any downside to it at this point. Either the wounding is creating new follicles or the minoxidil is better absorbed so I don't see the need to stop. Anyone have any theories as to why we should stop?

I am wondering about shock loss like with a hair transplant, maybe you need a break to let the hair recover. You are basically poking holes in your head like that. especially if you roll bloody

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
@casperz
Someone mentioned something about a week ago about how after a while it can have a negative affect with something to do with your collagen, don't know if that's true or not, but that's really all I've heard about rolling consistently long term.

- - - Updated - - -

@saintsfan bro with shock loss does your hair come bavk from that, or is it just gone? I guess from my understanding of it, and from what I read the shock is so traumatic it kills the follicle... From what everyone is saying though it sounds like this shock is just a shed, rather than an actual loss? Maybe you or someone else can explain it to me better...?

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
@casperz
Someone mentioned something about a week ago about how after a while it can have a negative affect with something to do with your collagen, don't know if that's true or not, but that's really all I've heard about rolling consistently long term.

- - - Updated - - -

@saintsfan bro with shock loss does your hair come bavk from that, or is it just gone? I guess from my understanding of it, and from what I read the shock is so traumatic it kills the follicle... From what everyone is saying though it sounds like this shock is just a shed, rather than an actual loss? Maybe you or someone else can explain it to me better...?

From what i understand it happens when a hair is transplanted clost to a healthy hair, the exhisting hair falls out, goes immediately into the catagen phase then telogen which is the resting or no growth pase then goes into anagen when it starts to grow. Basically within 3 months you should see growth

- - - Updated - - -

I am not saying shockloss is caused for sure it just makes sense that it could possibly occur

peacemaker

Banned
Reaction score
hi guys,
just wanted to report my observation. I currently have a NW2 - my temples have receded and I want to regain the hair that I lost. Since 2 weeks ago, I have been scratching my head every morning and night. I scratch till the hairless area becomes red. I do this for 5-6 minutes. I still have vellus hair in the hairless area and what I have noticed these past two-three days is that the vellus hair has grown and become more noticeable. I also have noticed a few more hairs closer to the area with hair. Maybe scratching isn't enough to bring the vellus hairs back to terminal state, but I was thinking that perhaps a 2 or 3 mm dermaroller alone can achieve that. (w/o any minoxidil). I am going to start with a 2 mm dermaroller this January, if scratching alone does not produce any results.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Violet Ray is like a laser comb on steroids, it was recommended by edgar cayce, he successfully predicted many things including day of his own death and date Dead Sea scrolls would be found as well as revealed information only contained in the Dead Sea scrolls. He said most baldness is caused by lack of circulation due to spinal problems or thyroid problems.

He may not be liked here since he gave a cure for baldness which was scalp massages with crude oil and Vaseline but said youe wouldn't notice results for 6 months, not sure if anyone ever tried it though people are so impatient when it comes to hair.

http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/holistic_health/data/prbald3.html

Violet ray, dermarolling all increase circulation, as well as scalp massages. They would all help, I think violet ray and scalp massages are good for maintenance and getting thicker hair and can grow more hair on people with decent blood vessels that have not died. Some people don't bleed with 1.5 probably because their scalps blood vessels start dying and they cannot carry nutrients to follicles. These people have severe baldness and may need to go deeper and then work their way back to a 1.5 after blood vessels start growing.

dermarolling is like the electric shocks doctors use to revive people, it's needed in the beginning but eventually I think people should be able to maintain their hair easy when it grows back by stimulating scalp and proper diet.

Cru

Reaction score
Hey guys, i´m also in since 4. august. I already have had 13 sessions of bloody deep dermarolling with a 1,5 mm. Got a lot of vellus hair growing longer on my temples and on my hairline. It´s a very slow process, but i think it works. In my case i think, i need a better booster than Minoxidil, cause i have a ppg allergy. Nevertheless bought some 2mm dermaroller and stamps in purpose to go fully deep. Hope process keeps going :D

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
Just an observation. I didn't start seeing results until I added soy isoflavones and nizoral to my dermarolling regimen. It is understood that soy isoflavones increase dermal levels of igf 1 and probably have a synergetic effect. Plus they lower serum dht levels by 15 percent which is not a bad thing.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i´m also in since 4. august. I already have had 13 sessions of bloody deep dermarolling with a 1,5 mm. Got a lot of vellus hair growing longer on my temples and on my hairline. It´s a very slow process, but i think it works. In my case i think, i need a better booster than Minoxidil, cause i have a ppg allergy. Nevertheless bought some 2mm dermaroller and stamps in purpose to go fully deep. Hope process keeps going :D

Just an observation. I didn't start seeing results until I added soy isoflavones and nizoral to my dermarolling regimen. It is understood that soy isoflavones increase dermal levels of igf 1 and probably have a synergetic effect. Plus they lower serum dht levels by 15 percent which is not a bad thing.

What results and how much soy isoflavones

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
What results and how much soy isoflavones

Most likely these are the most ideal:
http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/Item01649/Super-Absorbable-Soy-Isoflavones.html

Based on:
http://www.hairloss-research.org/Linksoyisoflavoneslowerserumdht11-08.html

No idea what kind of results he's experiencing, I remember people taking them but nothing really came of it (same w/ black tea supplementation). Hard to say if it wasn't the nizoral for whatever results he is experiencing.

aka1

Reaction score
quick dermarolling tutorial on youtube (not my video)
will prevent most redundant questions on this thread

[video=youtube;mHTdVOvnBB4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHTdVOvnBB4[/video]

roll on:firing:

sweetsymphony

Reaction score
Hey all! I've been lurking this thread for about a few weeks now, took me a while to read through most of these posts. Lots of good information here and it keeps me motivated to keep going.

Quick background of myself before I continue. I'm a female in my late 20s with male pattern baldness. Receding hairline and thinning crown. I would say I'm about a Norwood 2 with slight thinning of the crown. I first noticed my hair loss when I was 22. Hair loss sucks for guys but it is DEVASTATING for women! I used to have such long, beautiful, thick hair and to see so many hairs falling out through the last few years has made me really depressed and self conscious. I spend so much time thinking about my hair that its an obsession. I've tried so many things and wasted so much money on trying to fix my hair loss situation. I even got a hair transplant 2 years ago. Now, the hair behind my grafts are starting to thin out and fall out and its starting to look a bit unnatural. I can either keep getting hair transplants to chase my hairline (which I do not want to do) or figure out how to fix this once and for all.

I started DR around the end of August before I even found this thread. It was mentioned on another forum and after doing some research, it seemed like a very promising solution. It always made sense for me to roll until I bled even though most studies and forums tell you once you bleed, you've pressed too hard. Started off with a 1mm dermaroller and rolled every 3-4 days with no minoxidil. When I found this thread, about 3 weeks ago, I decided to add minoxidil and upped my DR to a 1.5mm and only roll once every 7-10 days, hard and bloody. Because of my long hair, each rolling session take over 30 mins for me. Yes, its painful but I treat it like a gym workout (reading your guys' post about how painful this is pretty hilarious for me). Girls know at a young age that pain = beauty. Try wearing 4-6 inch heels for more than 6 hours lol.

Even though I've been shedding more than usual, my overall hair feels thicker and I can see lots of vellus hairs popping up around my hairline.(noticed it even before I added the minoxidil but today i realized the vellus hairs getting darker!). Not 100% sure if they are just existing miniturized hairs... I'm cautiously optimistic. I will post pictures later but you can clearly see the thick transplanted hairs and the small vellus hairs surrounding it.

What REALLY got me excited about DR was when I was watching Tosh.0 one night about a month ago. I'm honestly surprised after going through 300+ pages of this thread that no one has mention this:

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-...w---uncensored

Skip to about 6:30 where Daniel Tosh talks about what helped his hair -- years of needles, pills and creams. He also shows pics of his hair during season 1 where it was VERY obvious that he was losing his hair.

I really feel like we're on to something here. Hope this video encourages some of you to keep going. I know real results take time and I'm going to keep doing this for a least a few years. This is my last ditch effort, guys. If DR + minoxidil doesn't work for me, I'm seriously considering shaving it all off and wearing a wig.

I should also mention that I just added the 30% glycolic acid a couple weeks ago too. I really believe that exfoliating your scalp is key and DR helps remove years of built up fibrosis. About 2-3 days after rolling (when my scalp isn't too sore), I like to use a good quality boar bristle brush to remove all of the excess flaky skin. A hairbrush is a great exfoliating tool, when I brush, I bend over at the waist and I can see all of my the dead skin fall off. Feels nice for my scalp too.

Good luck guys and keep posting your results! It's been awesome reading all of your thoughts and findings!

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
So I just roll after taking a shower... Should I be doing more to clean up my scalp before rolling?

i wipe with rubbing alcohol before and after, also make sure the roller is sanitized. Alcohol works for that also

Status
Not open for further replies.