New Article on Shiseido Trial

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely understand that. But if the actual process is not costing them much money and time, then that is smart business. They are opening up their market to everyone and will still make a killing. Also, perhaps it's not all about making billions and they are taking a more ethical approach to business, which is rare, but still possible. Who knows really? Either way, this is positive news.

Could be that repeat injections are required later on, thus repeat business. But the flight to Japan and hotels will bring up costs by a LOT, so they're going to HAVE TO take that into consideration.

Tracksterderm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely understand that. But if the actual process is not costing them much money and time, then that is smart business. They are opening up their market to everyone and will still make a killing. Also, perhaps it's not all about making billions and they are taking a more ethical approach to business, which is rare, but still possible. Who knows really? Either way, this is positive news.
The tourism alone could be alone worth alot to them. But the price is very much unknown, specially since nobody knows what the outcome of the trials is.

- - - Updated - - -

The actual terminal hair counts for Histogen's trial seemed very impressive. I'm surprised people fixate on the pictures when the relevant, objective info is there.

100% agree

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kerastem then Histogen then Replicel :wow:

I'd do kerastem first, a sort of 'foundation' then add the DSC cells and then add Histogen's HSC as a final boost.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Well with a price like this, we have to assume that they developed a cost efficient multi-pass method to culture cells that retain trichogenicity and gene expression. If that is the case, I don't see a reason why they wouldn't be able to offer the treatment at a such a low price. I wouldn't hinge all your expectations solely on the price of the treatment. The problem is that they've been tighted lipped on their culturing method as far as I know.

Where in the name of Fort Sam Hill do you see evidence that they've completely solved the trichogenicity and gene expression problem with multi-pass culture? I do not see hard evidence to that effect.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where in the name of Fort Sam Hill do you see evidence that they've solved the trichogenicity and gene expression problem with multi-pass culture. I do not see hard evidence to that effect.

There was an article posted somewhere around lately... can't find it. but its there.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where in the name of Fort Sam Hill do you see evidence that they've completely solved the trichogenicity and gene expression problem with multi-pass culture? I do not see hard evidence to that effect.
How can they have a price if they don't even have their method or treatment determined?

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
The price is not really concerning. To me, this says this will be a repeat procedure. Also, they understand they will always have balding men and by keeping the price reasonable they will attract way more men. I'm not sure why they're talking about pricing if they don't even know its effectiveness though

g.i joey

Reaction score
The way this data is presented in the article shows confidence in the product... hopefully they really come through with this. Us forum members should take a group trip and get the procedure done

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
The way this data is presented in the article shows confidence in the product... hopefully they really come through with this. Us forum members should take a group trip and get the procedure done

I'll raise the stakes; have us be part of the clinical trials.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Dude I'd be so down. I'm in mtl you're in toronto. If you could get us in I'd hands down join you

nameless

Banned
Reaction score

This is a Chinese group, not Shiseido. And this article doesn't specifically state that even the Chinese group has completely conquered the loss of genetic-expression and trichogenicity in multi-pass culture, although it sounds like they've made advances beyond Jahoda's results. I agree that it appears that the Chinese may be onto something but that doesn't mean that Shiseido will get to use the Chinese technology. But I guess you're saying that if the Chinese have found a way to improve on Jahoda's results then maybe Shiseodo has too, right?

I sure wish Shiseido would be more open about what it has. I sure hope they've made some trichogenicity and genetic expression improvements beyond Jahoda's results or else they will end up being another Aderans. It just depends on what they've got, and they aren't publicizing what they've got.

maomao

Reaction score
So that article says the treatment will reactivate the cells that grow hair, meaning it doesn't grow new follicles?

So in the case of a failed hair transplant where the original follicles are transected, this wouldn't help?

Tracksterderm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So that article says the treatment will reactivate the cells that grow hair, meaning it doesn't grow new follicles?

So in the case of a failed hair transplant where the original follicles are transected, this wouldn't help?

In the article they actually say neogenesis:
...but also confer these microtissues an enhanced ability to induce hair-follicle (HF) neogenesis in vivo...

sunchaser

Reaction score
I'd do kerastem first, a sort of 'foundation' then add the DSC cells and then add Histogen's HSC as a final boost.
Kerastem -> $6000 (*) -> lasts 2 years (*), do we even know if this works (do the injected fat cells stay in place?)

Also - if you combine all these treatments , aren't you in some way jeopardising the outcome ?

(*) not sure about the 2 years statement and the pricing - read it somewhere on another forum.

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
Kerastem -> $6000 (*) -> lasts 2 years (*), do we even know if this works (do the injected fat cells stay in place?)

Also - if you combine all these treatments , aren't you in some way jeopardising the outcome ?

(*) not sure about the 2 years statement and the pricing - read it somewhere on another forum.

nobody knows how long kerastem lasts, don´t make such needless satements