New Article on Shiseido Trial

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
Reckon we would still need to continue using topicals and orals as a maintenance solution after having kerastem, histogen or replicel treatments? Obviously we could go back for more rounds of treatment but this will obviously incur more cost.

I guess what i am trying to ask is will the hair become permanently DHT resistent after kerastem, histogen and replicel treatments, so that we will no longer have to bother with topicals and orals for maintenance?

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice find hellouser. $900...we'd all fly over there and be done with this forever...and 2018 is not too far if we think about it.

Lets just hope it doesn't lead to another disappointment.

youngl

Reaction score
$900 can be for a small area (too early to think about the cost?). There are many more factors that can change the price. how worst our hair loss is, how many injections, how many times we have to visit, how long etc.. I believe these details are still Unknown. sorry if i'm wrong also i'm not good English speaker :)

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes. So for example you may need for 20 injections and will cost you $18000. Now it's cheep huh ?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. So for example you may need for 20 injections and will cost you $18000. Now it's cheep huh ?

If it's full cure then it's about as much as the most expensive hair transplant that only gains you one norwood level. Even then, it'd still be a bargain RELATIVELY. But it shouldn't cost that much because 18k is way out of reach for the vast majority of people... something also tells me that the RAW costs are nowhere near that much. It should be much MUCH less.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Is this only valid for people with hair? Or can I go from, in my case my nw3 to nw2... or an nw5 to nw3?

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this only valid for people with hair? Or can I go from, in my case my nw3 to nw2... or an nw5 to nw3?
If their treatment works as they say it does, you'll be able to get your baby hairline back. So far I'm suspicious because no other government funded researchers have figured out how to make cosmetically viable hair from DSC or DP cells. If replicel has figured this out, you should be able to get all your hair back because there are no shortage of cells in the back of your scalp. Does anyone know if they've figured this out yet?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

THEORETICALLY, it should work for everyone. Keep this in mind:

DSC cells and DP cells convert back and forth between eachother (according to Dr. Claire Higgins, read about that here). A healthy, normal sized follicle that grows thick terminal hair has about 1,200 to 3,000 DP cells (according to Dr. Beren Atac, read about that here).

Considering that Replicel's method injects DSC cells that surround the DP, we can only hope that all the cells actually latch onto the follicles and are fed/converted into DP cells which enlarges the follicles. Replicel ALSO believes this can create NEW follicles (vellus or terminal hair growing that I dont know). Now, we all know that the results at the 6 month stage we're disappointing, but dosing is still being explored but more importantly, as I always said much like the Samumed results; 6 months is NOT enough time. Finasteride takes up to 12 months and sometimes more to get full results. Even hair transplants where follicles are already in full size take up 1 year and longer to see full results. It's too early to make the assumption that the 6 month period is the end result. Consider this; the cells need to migrate to the existing follicles and regrow the follicles. Any treatment many of us start almost ALWAYS creates a shed which cause a long resting period which can last up to around 4-5 months. Histogen's treatment, when speaking with Dr. Naughton, apparently is dependant on the hair growth cycle. Could Replicel also require this? We'll see. Then of course we dont know how long it takes for NEW hair follicles to form.

As I said, I'm FAR more interesting in seeing 12 month data results from Replicel as well as from Samumed. But we have neither unfortnately, and even Replicel itself doesnt have long term results.

razelscnhaps

Reaction score
Do you think that regrowth solutions (like Histogen or Replicel) or future treatments (SM, etc.) will allow to stop minoxidil without shedding or lose minoxidil dependent hairs? (cause I still hesitate to begin)

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
From my research I've read that Shiseido's treatment is based on a "single injection" and Replicel will be basing their treatment (outside of Asia) on multiple injections.

Now I know I could go to Japan as soon as Shiseido releases their treatment and then hopefully get follow up injections (if needed) in the US once it's released here.

My question is... Does any one know if Shiseido's treatment is a "one-time single injection" or will it be "multiple-injections one time"? Hope this make sense.... From my research it's not clearly explained and I have a hard time believing one injection one time can make a big difference.

Just looking for clarity, I could be wrong...

Thanks.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
From my research I've read that Shiseido's treatment is based on a "single injection" and Replicel will be basing their treatment (outside of Asia) on multiple injections.

Now I know I could go to Japan as soon as Shiseido releases their treatment and then hopefully get follow up injections (if needed) in the US once it's released here.

My question is... Does any one know if Shiseido's treatment is a "one-time single injection" or will it be "multiple-injections one time"? Hope this make sense.... From my research it's not clearly explained and I have a hard time believing one injection one time can make a big difference.

Just looking for clarity, I could be wrong...

Thanks.

Maybe you should send an email to them and ask them. I don't think any of us would know for certain.

- - - Updated - - -

Well with a price like this, we have to assume that they developed a cost efficient multi-pass method to culture cells that retain trichogenicity and gene expression. If that is the case, I don't see a reason why they wouldn't be able to offer the treatment at a such a low price. I wouldn't hinge all your expectations solely on the price of the treatment. The problem is that they've been tighted lipped on their culturing method as far as I know.

We shouldn't assume anything.

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow amazing find Hell :) $900 is definitely affordable enough! I wonder if $900 would cover enough injections to cover the entire NW6 pattern area. That'd be something to ask in the future from their reps. Nonetheless, let's hope they finally get the green light to start the trials. It's 2016 already for Godsakes :)

potato87

Established Member
Reaction score
Reply on facebook from them when people asked for info: RepliCel At this time, we are waiting on minstry approval for the launch of the research study in Japan. We hope to receive news soon and we will be sure to inform all interested parties.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reply on facebook from them when people asked for info: RepliCel At this time, we are waiting on minstry approval for the launch of the research study in Japan. We hope to receive news soon and we will be sure to inform all interested parties.
Nice find. I could almost guarantee that this is taking so long because they are applying for a fast tracked trial process where they can release a treatment in phase 2. It's probably a much different process and requires more extensive review of safety results.

jasonbourne

Reaction score
Nice find. I could almost guarantee that this is taking so long because they are applying for a fast tracked trial process where they can release a treatment in phase 2. It's probably a much different process and requires more extensive review of safety results.

looks like we could all be going to japan for this and see eachother there.

cant wait to see that depressed hair transplant phaggot fred

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
looks like we could all be going to japan for this and see eachother there.

cant wait to see that depressed hair transplant phaggot fred

Yeah, because you're going to gain reputation in a debate using that kind of language. Grow up.