New Article on Shiseido Trial

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i dont speak japanese and im
not sure if he soeaks any english but someone should shoot this guy an email and see wtf shiseido is up to with rch trial in japan... guys name is tatsuyoshi endo.. he is in charge of pr for shiseido im sure hed love the free press and hopefully hell provide an update.. find him on linked in its the first search result on google

I'll see what I can do. There's a forum member who lives in Japan who might be able to help us out. I'll send him a PM.

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've been out of the loop for a while. Shiseido trial hasn't begun yet??
I thought they were starting in Nov 2015!!!!
What happened

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've been out of the loop for a while. Shiseido trial hasn't begun yet??
I thought they were starting in Nov 2015!!!!
What happened

Hey Desmond. Hope you stick around, your inputs are always helpful. Replicel's latest comments on RCH were: "we are waiting on minstry approval for the launch of the research study in Japan". I know we like to blame Replicel for everything, but it seems to be out of their hands for now.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting thoughts of Jahoda which underline the possible importance of dermal sheath cells (relates to shisheido); http://replicel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Jahoda-comment-on-our-paper-JID-2003.pdf.

The fact that follicle dermal cells can be recruited into existing follicles suggests the possibility of augmenting the size of existing follicles rather than creating new ones. In androgenetic alopecia, it raises the prospect of being able to convert small vellus follicles into large terminal structures, or perhaps more realistically of halting the reduction of follicle size during the terminal to vellus transition, by the judicious local addition of appropriate cells.

In skin undergoing androgenetic alopecia, there is the possibility that the balance of migration is altered and incontinence of dermal sheath cells to the skin dermis leads to reduction in size of the dermal papilla, and in turn to miniaturization of the follicle structure. If this leakage is the result of signals from a dermal environment unique to this region of skin, then addition of cells by recruitment might only be postponing the inevitable

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting thoughts of Jahoda which underline the possible importance of dermal sheath cells (relates to shisheido); http://replicel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Jahoda-comment-on-our-paper-JID-2003.pdf.

quoted:"In skin undergoing androgenetic alopecia, there is the possibility that the balance of migration is altered and incontinence of dermal sheath cells to the skin dermis leads to reduction in size of the dermal papilla, and in turn to miniaturization of the follicle structure."

It is very possible, the migration can be altered by hardened and oxidiced sebum, IMHO

RatherGoBlindThanSeeItGo

Established Member
Reaction score

In skin undergoing androgenetic alopecia, there is the possibility that the balance of migration is altered and incontinence of dermal sheath cells to the skin dermis leads to reduction in size of the dermal papilla, and in turn to miniaturization of the follicle structure. If this leakage is the result of signals from a dermal environment unique to this region of skin, then addition of cells by recruitment might only be postponing the inevitable

I don't understand what he means with that. Isn't the fact that hair transplants work not a testament against this? How could hair transplants be permanent if miniaturization is caused by some kind of process in the skin around the hair follicle? It has to be something within the hair follicle that causes this process. This is pretty much the basis of Replicel's claims. Our dermal papillae are loaded with androgen receptors (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9496234), this is what causes baldness.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
YES.
I won't speak in absolutes, none the less if we go by my personal hair transplant experience, my outcome probably is not unique.
It is possible that hair trasplant is not permanent.....

hiitsjam

Reaction score
Does any1 know when Shiseido is going to start their trials for RCH-01 ?? AFAIK, Shiseido had to start to initiate approval trial in Japan in 1st quarter 2016. For some reason, I find it to be extremely difficult to dig out information about Shideido. Also they have never been communicating on the regular basis as to what they are up to as far as their RCH-01 trail is concerned. Even tough Japan has a much relaxed laws as far as regenerative medicines are concerned, it doesn't look like companies like Shiseido is taking full advantage of it. All I know is that, they have plans to commercialize it by 2018. I am sure that, there would be lots of ifs and buts and by now I am getting quite pessimistic if 2018 goal can be a reality.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Every time I watch replicel's hair loss cure video. I go how simple and easy it is to treat hairloss.... Why the hell it is not on market yet ? :firing:

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand what he means with that. Isn't the fact that hair transplants work not a testament against this? How could hair transplants be permanent if miniaturization is caused by some kind of process in the skin around the hair follicle? It has to be something within the hair follicle that causes this process. This is pretty much the basis of Replicel's claims. Our dermal papillae are loaded with androgen receptors (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9496234), this is what causes baldness.

The Nordstrom experiments would be the biggest testament against it, where hair follicles from the balding scalp were transplanted to the forearm and still miniaturized. Maybe Jahoda doesn't think that is a good enough of a experiment? Perhaps because the experiment was done with 4mm grafts, which still holds possibility that the problem arises close to the hair follicle instead of the hair follicle itself? That being said I think it's highly unlikely that the problem occurs from the region of the skin and I concur with you that the problem arises from the HF itself. Also, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on what these researchers say, because they are just hypothesizing. Much of it is based on rodent models too :whistle:. We have really no clue how the cellular movements exactly occur in hair follicle cycling and Androgenetic Alopecia itself.

RatherGoBlindThanSeeItGo

Established Member
Reaction score
The Nordstrom experiments would be the biggest testament against it, where hair follicles from the balding scalp were transplanted to the forearm and still miniaturized. Maybe Jahoda doesn't think that is a good enough of a experiment? Perhaps because the experiment was done with 4mm grafts, which still holds possibility that the problem arises close to the hair follicle instead of the hair follicle itself? That being said I think it's highly unlikely that the problem occurs from the region of the skin and I concur with you that the problem arises from the HF itself. Also, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on what these researchers say, because they are just hypothesizing. Much of it is based on rodent models too :whistle:. We have really no clue how the cellular movements exactly occur in hair follicle cycling and Androgenetic Alopecia itself.

True. What did surprise me that two people responded saying 'it's possible hair transplant aren't permanent'. I thought that was commonly accepted, that hair transplants are permanent. Not that they convinced me on the contrary. Just struck me as odd.