New Article on Shiseido Trial

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Scientists still haven't solved the trichogenicity and gene expression problems so it won't work well, right?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Scientists still haven't solved the trichogenicity and gene expression problems so it won't work well, right?

That's not related to Replicel though. We don't know yet what the long term results are from Replicel (6+ months). Not even Replicel has that data AFAIK. 12 month data would be far more interesting than simply 6 months.

Also, in regards to pricing, I believe they prices of the treatment will vary from clinic to clinic. Replicel won't dictate the price.

Tracksterderm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The company will start a clinical study this year to trial its hair growth revival method.

Thought RepliCel said Shiseido were starting in Q1 2016 (actually within few weeks back in October).

Lets hope it doesn't get pushed back further.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
That's not related to Replicel though. We don't know yet what the long term results are from Replicel (6+ months). Not even Replicel has that data AFAIK. 12 month data would be far more interesting than simply 6 months.

OK but Jahoda and Christiano and everyone else seems to be saying there are still trichogenicity and gene expression problems.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
OK but Jahoda and Christiano and everyone else seems to be saying there trichogenicity and gene expression problems.

Yes, but thats for their own studies. We don't really know ALL the details about Replicel. But I think I did ask that question when meeting with Dr. Hoffman and Lee Buckler. It's probably in the interview I posted.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
wow that's would be dirt cheap for a cure.

They posted on Twitter maybe last week that trials haven't started because they are still waiting regulatory approval in Japan I believe.

**** I really need this to work. Had really bad shedding the past few days. Just started RU though so hoping that at least works for me. If replicel fails there is literally zero to look forward to. It's been crickets in the hair loss world. The news about tsuji was good but still 10 years away from whatever he comes up with.

Blah sorry for the rant. Bad day.

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score

They posted on Twitter maybe last week that trials haven't started because they are still waiting regulatory approval in Japan I believe.

**** I really need this to work. Had really bad shedding the past few days. Just started RU though so hoping that at least works for me. If replicel fails there is literally zero to look forward to. It's been crickets in the hair loss world. The news about tsuji was good but still 10 years away from whatever he comes up with.

Has everyone written off Histogen completely then?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has everyone written off Histogen completely then?

I haven't. If all goes well, we could have it available next year in Mexico.

g.i joey

Reaction score
And would we need hair on our head for this to work. I've hit nw3 and my foreloxk is getting very thin idk if I have a year.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Short interest on replicel is down also which I guess can be good news. I'd like to hear what other top researchers in this field say about replicels method.

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't. If all goes well, we could have it available next year in Mexico.

If in the best case scenario it did hit mexico next year and the shiseido trials look promising i am wondering whether it would be worth hanging fire until rch-01 is released in Japan in 2018 then following up with Histogen in 2019 so give the extra boost of growth factors and combine them synergistically like you suggested in your interviews Hellouser.

As it wouldn't make sense having HSC done first before RCH for anyone that plans to stack these treatments...

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Tsuji's deal with Meiji is for three years. This implies that they are working towards having something soon. They wouldn't have provided three years of funding for exploratory research. That would be silly. I believe there are other players than Replicel that just haven't been as flamboyant. However, this is great new that it will be so cheap. Though I'd be lying if I said this didn't make me think their expectations for RCH-01 are low.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
That ridiculously low price (by hair loss-treatment standards) has got me worried like hell. (Not that it takes much to get me worried about upcoming treatments...)

Still, how well could something that much cheaper than a hair transplant work?

Someone just shut me up and assure me we're getting our hair back, please. Good to finally see some news though.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That ridiculously low price (by hair loss-treatment standards) has got me worried like hell. (Not that it takes much to get me worried about upcoming treatments...)

Someone just shut me up and assure me we're getting our hair back, please. Good to finally see some news though.
Well with a price like this, we have to assume that they developed a cost efficient multi-pass method to culture cells that retain trichogenicity and gene expression. If that is the case, I don't see a reason why they wouldn't be able to offer the treatment at a such a low price. I wouldn't hinge all your expectations solely on the price of the treatment. The problem is that they've been tighted lipped on their culturing method as far as I know.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Tsuji's deal with Meiji is for three years. This implies that they are working towards having something soon. They wouldn't have provided three years of funding for exploratory research. That would be silly. I believe there are other players than Replicel that just haven't been as flamboyant. However, this is great new that it will be so cheap. Though I'd be lying if I said this didn't make me think their expectations for RCH-01 are low.

Agreed the low price is alarming. A cure would almost certainly be worth more than that.

Does anyone know what piece to the puzzle tsuji needs to begin trials?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
If in the best case scenario it did hit mexico next year and the shiseido trials look promising i am wondering whether it would be worth hanging fire until rch-01 is released in Japan in 2018 then following up with Histogen in 2019 so give the extra boost of growth factors and combine them synergistically like you suggested in your interviews Hellouser.

As it wouldn't make sense having HSC done first before RCH for anyone that plans to stack these treatments...

I'd get HSC done before and after Replicel. I wouldn't take chances with continuing to bald for another year two without it.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I definitely understand that. But if the actual process is not costing them much money and time, then that is smart business. They are opening up their market to everyone and will still make a killing. Also, perhaps it's not all about making billions and they are taking a more ethical approach to business, which is rare, but still possible. Who knows really? Either way, this is positive news.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The actual terminal hair counts for Histogen's trial seemed very impressive. I'm surprised people fixate on the pictures when the relevant, objective info is there.