New Article on Shiseido Trial

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When I spoke with Lee Buckler he said they dont have data past the 6 month mark from Phase I.

I'm assuming that's because they didn't track the patients past 6 months?

Not critiquing them, just want to confirm. Phase 1 is just for safety so if they only tracked for 6 months that'd make sense.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm assuming that's because they didn't track the patients past 6 months?

Not critiquing them, just want to confirm. Phase 1 is just for safety so if they only tracked for 6 months that'd make sense.

Don't quote me on this, but I don't think they're allowed.

12 month data is where the final call SHOULD be made. 6 months isn't definitive so it's not fair to hold it against Replicel. I mean, we need to take into account that the cells migrate to existing follicles, DSCs get converted into DPs, the follicle grows, likely goes through another cycle which lasts 4+ months, then starts to grow hair or who knows what chain of events occur and how long they last.

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
I mean traditional medicine and drugs. I think it's extremely unlikely that Androgenetic Alopecia reversal is going to happen through that.

So the Brotzu lotion, the Turkish lotion, SM04545, JAK inhibitors, bimatoprost etc. You name it. I can also illustrate why, it's just highly unlikely really..

Replicel is regenerative therapy so I'm still looking at that, but Tsuji is far more exciting to me.

Oh ok I feel you... Yeah I'm along those same lines of thinking... Crossing my fingers with replicell!

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean traditional medicine and drugs. I think it's extremely unlikely that Androgenetic Alopecia reversal is going to happen through that.

So the Brotzu lotion, the Turkish lotion, SM04545, JAK inhibitors, bimatoprost etc. You name it. I can also illustrate why, it's just highly unlikely really..

Replicel is regenerative therapy so I'm still looking at that, but Tsuji is far more exciting to me.
Hey Swoop. Is it true that these treatments that utilize stem cells carry a signifcant risk for cancerous cell proliferation? That would be a serious bummer if the Japanese had to halt their efforts due to these risks. I remember reading that some treatments had caused teratomas in the development process. Could this significantly affect timelines for a marketable product?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Swoop. Is it true that these treatments that utilize stem cells carry a signifcant risk for cancerous cell proliferation? That would be a serious bummer if the Japanese had to halt their efforts due to these risks. I remember reading that some treatments had caused teratomas in the development process. Could this significantly affect timelines for a marketable product?

Pray, well Tsuji doesn't reprogram the cells whatsoever right. Yes he is going to use stem cells, but they are your own stem cells and he will only culture them.

Look here at page 24 and 25; http://replicel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/JETRO-Toronto-RepliCel-in-Japan-a-Case-Study.pdf !

So I assume Tsuji his method will fall under class 2 regenerative medicine and I think that something like iPSC's (classified as "high risk" there) would be way more dangerous and that's why they probably fall under class 1 regenerative medicine.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pray, well Tsuji doesn't reprogram the cells whatsoever right. Yes he is going to use stem cells, but they are your own stem cells and he will only culture them.

Look here at page 24 and 25; http://replicel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/JETRO-Toronto-RepliCel-in-Japan-a-Case-Study.pdf !

So I assume Tsuji his method will fall under class 2 regenerative medicine and I think that something like iPSC's (classified as "high risk" there) would be way more dangerous and that's why they probably fall under class 1 regenerative medicine.
Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. There's a lot of good information on these slides.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
Talking about Tsuji is somewhat meaningless as there is no timeline of launch and human trial. We don't know it is 5,10 or 20 years away which is too late for baldness as we suffer from it even for one day. Talking something that might be launched before 2020 is way more realistic unless you're under 20.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How many of you are willing to instantly undergo a novel procedure as soon as it hits the market? Ask yourselves that honestly. Even after something gets released i think it would be foolish to undergo it for a few years. Let the beta testers die off first.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Talking about Tsuji is somewhat meaningless as there is no timeline of launch and human trial. We don't know it is 5,10 or 20 years away which is too late for baldness as we suffer from it even for one day. Talking something that might be launched before 2020 is way more realistic unless you're under 20.

What if you are 20

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jup, should be any moment. I will shoot him a message anyway before the end of this month. Don't want to bother him too much at the moment, I assume he is very busy now. I think he got the culturing problem solved to be honest. Tsuji is most likely ahead of everybody.
It's probably going to be another month at least until he announces now. That earthquake in Japan will be dominating the news for a long time. Terribly bad luck with the timing.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you think it's possible to combine Kerastem and Replicel treatments for optimum results?

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have they even started these trials yet, Lee said "any week now" in November of 2015 lol

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have they even started these trials yet, Lee said "any week now" in November of 2015 lol

Unfortunately, I don't think so.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Think at this point it is out of Replicel's hand now. The ball is in Shiseido's court.

It's out of Shiseido's too. This is a business for both Replicel and Shiseido. If they could sell you their procedure and have you stuff their wallets with money, they'd be offering the treatment YESTERDAY.

Tomtom21

Established Member
Reaction score
i dont speak japanese and im
not sure if he soeaks any english but someone should shoot this guy an email and see wtf shiseido is up to with rch trial in japan... guys name is tatsuyoshi endo.. he is in charge of pr for shiseido im sure hed love the free press and hopefully hell provide an update.. find him on linked in its the first search result on google