need advice on my situation please

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm 25 years old and have been experiencing hair loss for a few years now.What really gets me down is my receded hairline.My hair has always been naturally thin and straight.Last year i discovered concealers(dermatch & toppik), and it made a massive difference to the thickness of my hair!.I would just love for my frontal loss to be fixed,even if its density wasnt that great i could thicken up with toppic ect..

I have been researching for like 5 months now and visited many other forums.I know at 25 my hair loss could progress even more but my hairline has stayed the same since i was 22.

I'm currently not on any meds like propecia because i'm concerned about the side effects.I do fitness modeling and sponsered by some sports nutrition brands.I can't risk it effecting my body as i need to be lean and ripped at all times.

I contacted HDC (based in cyprus) and decided to go for a free consultation in the UK.The conclusion was that work could be done on my frontal loss. Below was the info i received from this consultation...

Your donor area, which has an approximate density of 76 fu's /cm2 which is slightly below average, can give more than enough grafts for the area that is needed to be covered at this stage. According to what we have discussed in the meeting we have recommended that it will be useful to take approximately 1500-1700 grafts. The minimum in one go that an FUE procedure can provide for you is 3500 grafts over three days. Of course after the procedure you will be still left with plenty of grafts to be utilised if ever needed in the future. The 1700 grafts will be used to recreate and reinforce in detail and with great density the following areas.

* Hairline: approximate area 30 cm2 at density of 45 fu's/cm2 = 1350 grafts (First .5cm will have density of 65 fu's/cm2 with only single hair fu's placed)
* Area behind hairline and reinforcing: approximate area 12cm2 at density of 30 fu's/cm2 = 360 grafts

image1.jpg

placement of the new hairline

me2323-1.jpg

hair cut short(no concealers)

DSC04944-1-1.jpg

hair grown a little with concealer(toppik & dermatch)

adds-1.jpg

hair buzzed to grade 3

hairpic1.jpg

recent pic with no concealers

hairpic2.jpg

hairpic3.jpg

newbb.jpg

this was my hair less than 2 years ago grown out(no concealers)

thanks for any advice you give me!.. i'm a little depressed about this right now:(

FFS

Reaction score
The problem is your are not only receding but also diffuse thinning on top... I don't think it's a good idea to get the hairline done, cause Soon u might lose the hair just behind it which wouldn't look good... If u really want a hair transplant u should consider a major one in the whole nw4 area... Problem is if u get a hair transplant u won't be able to lift any weights for about 4-5 months.....

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for you opinion

really,i didnt think it was that long before i can lift weights?i thought about a month maybe two at most..

I'm thinking about going on medication but im scared it will ruin my progress in gym...

FFS said:
The problem is your are not only receding but also diffuse thinning on top... I don't think it's a good idea to get the hairline done, cause Soon u might lose the hair just behind it which wouldn't look good... If u really want a hair transplant u should consider a major one in the whole nw4 area... Problem is if u get a hair transplant u won't be able to lift any weights for about 4-5 months.....

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
The pics aren't the best. You should really try the meds especially Finasteride because at your age you'll need to take that after a hair transplant to prevent further loss. I don't think they will affect your training.

s.a.f

Reaction score
As others have said you need to be on finasteride otherwise (judging by your pics) it looks to me like you could lose most of whats ontop and if thats the case concealers will only work shortterm (like a career as a fitness model).
Do you want to wait until you're bald before you realise this?
I dont think finasteride will hurt you gym wise (unless you're aiming at being the next Jay Cutler) Dont listen to the scare stories millions of men are taking finasteride worldwide. I've been using it for years and never had any problems and at 34 have a body at least as good as it was 10 yrs ago.

As far as hair transplant's go I think it would be a mistake to concentrate purely on the hairline you'd be better getting the whole area done and remember its always best to be conservative and keep back plenty of donor for future loss.
And as for downtime with FUE you'll be off cardio for only a couple of weeks max and only 1 month at the most off the weights.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If anything meds like finasteride or dutasteride would not be damaging for youre workout since it increases the testosterone levels a litle bit.
i was on finasteride for 1 1/2 year and ive been on dutasteride now 1 year.
No sides. no problems

FFS

Reaction score
Try finasteride, it might increase your bodyfat, it did that to me although I was working out hard and was ripped before I started.... but that was just me, other people seem to have less problems with it, u could just try it and see if it helps or gives u any sides....
By the way 5 month no weights is after a Strip hair transplant, but considering your loss strip might be the better option...

FFS

Reaction score
Jojje said:
If anything meds like finasteride or dutasteride would not be damaging for youre workout since it increases the testosterone levels a litle bit.
i was on finasteride for 1 1/2 year and ive been on dutasteride now 1 year.
No sides. no problems
To be realistic u should not forget to mention that it also increases your estrogen, prolaktin and progesteron, which is not too good for a man :thumbdown2: (I did blood tests on and off finasteride and those levels where raised testo was only raised slightly).....

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for your views

i guess its now or never with treatments!

So annoying my grandfather is 90 and has a full head of hair!My dad however is a norwood 5, and it looks like im heading down that route:(

It still worries me about storing extra bodyfat from finasteride.I've always been naturally lean so maybe it wont effect me.

This pic shows my low bodyfat that i have maintained naturally for years without any special diet ,just good training 4 times a week at gym.Notice the difference concealers make!!You can only see my temples receded not much else...i'm sorry i just dont look good with a shaved head!

me-1.jpg

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
your hair looks awesome with concealers, btw.

Second, do you tan or use self-tanners? I want to get more color and not sure how to go about it without roasting outside all the time.

and thats from 4days a week? damn...

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Yes because my hair is naturally fine the concealers really help!!i think even if i wasnt balding i would of still used them

I dont use self tanners... i tan very easy in the sun so can maintain a good tan in summer:)

thats my training routine.. 4 times a week of weight lifting with very little cardio

Brick said:
your hair looks awesome with concealers, btw.

Second, do you tan or use self-tanners? I want to get more color and not sure how to go about it without roasting outside all the time.

and thats from 4days a week? damn...

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
peapoddy said:
thanks for your views

i guess its now or never with treatments!

So annoying my grandfather is 90 and has a full head of hair!My dad however is a norwood 5, and it looks like im heading down that route:(

It still worries me about storing extra bodyfat from finasteride.I've always been naturally lean so maybe it wont effect me.

This pic shows my low bodyfat that i have maintained naturally for years without any special diet ,just good training 4 times a week at gym.Notice the difference concealers make!!You can only see my temples receded not much else...i'm sorry i just dont look good with a shaved head!

me-1.jpg
You look like Bradley Cooper. I know this is off topic but could you tell us your diet and weight training exercises/routine in detail. If my body looked that good, I definitely would still be worrying about my hair as well. I don't know why people always think having a great body is going to make up for hair loss. I would want both so I understand your concerns. However I still think you would look fine with a buzz cut if that was the worse case scenario. However, if I had your physique and were your age, I would first try Propecia before you get a hair transplant since your are only 25. I seriously doubt you are going to lose your muscle definition taking Propecia. If you use minoxidil, that will definitely affect you more because it causes me to swell are over and it gives me more wrinkles because when you sleep it night some of it rubs off your pillow on you face. I minimized this by laying on a towel first until its dry real well so that does not happen. If you get sides from Propecia, then you should stop using it immediately or use a lower dose. I think as long as you continue your work out and diet which I would like to know, then you will be fine using Propecia. I went for a hair transplant consultation last December and the Doctor said I don't have enough loss and would possibly get shock loss and make things worse. I did not do anything and just restyled my hair differently and put concealers on and it looked fine. I take Propecia now for 3 years with no sides and it did not change my physique in anyway which for my age is still above average. I wish I could get mine as good as yours but I don't think at my age I could anymore. I quit using minoxidil last year but went back on it 6 months ago. Now its six months later and I went back on minoxidil and things thickened up enough that I don't really need a concealer any more and I don't even need the transplant at this time. Good luck in whatever you decide but I just think Propecia is your best bet for right now.

FFS

Reaction score
Awsome body, dude!! It's a shame your hair is going u would look perfect with a full head of hair 10 out of10!! I'm pretty much your seize just not as lean, I used to be really lean before I started finasteride, even now half a year after stopping I still can't get that sick 6pack back I used to have before although I'm really watching my diet and work out even harder than before. But maybe it's just me getting older...
But I must admit if finasteride stopped my hairloss, I would have stayed on it, I rather have full hair, than a perfect body....

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks DoctorHouse for taking the time to write this..

i will give meds a go i think.... the big 3 sounds like my best bet!

This is on my mind 24 hours a day its horrible.I never thought it would effect me this way but it really is:(I feel i shouldnt just let myself go and accept it

well i hope i start to feel better soon.. i know its only hair and im not going to die, but my image has always been important to me and its slowley being taken away from me

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks mate:)

i know without hair my body means nothing...
goodluck with the six pack just eat clean and burn out the reps!

FFS said:
Awsome body, dude!! It's a shame your hair is going u would look perfect with a full head of hair 10 out of10!! I'm pretty much your seize just not as lean, I used to be really lean before I started finasteride, even now half a year after stopping I still can't get that sick 6pack back I used to have before although I'm really watching my diet and work out even harder than before. But maybe it's just me getting older...
But I must admit if finasteride stopped my hairloss, I would have stayed on it, I rather have full hair, than a perfect body....

Petchsky

Reaction score
Yeah hairloss sucks, totally normal to feel the way you do.

I'd put the H/T on the back burner for now and get on the meds, read this site through and through and get to know your enemy!

Good chance you can halt the hairloss, and possibly get some regrowth. Most H/T patients are on propecia anyway so best to be on it for 12 months before getting a hair transplant imo.

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks Petchsky,

yes i will get on treatments asap.. think its my best bet to keep what ive got!

im finding it hard to source rogain foam in the uk

Petchsky

Reaction score
peapoddy said:
thanks Petchsky,

These are cheap, Ebay can have some real cheap stuff for sale also.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
peapoddy said:
thanks Petchsky,

http://****************.co.uk/

These are cheap, Ebay can have some real cheap stuff for sale also.

minoxidil - direct . co .uk