My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I dropped Minoxidil for Zix , my crowns always been near perfect however over the last 4 months noticeable thinning - jumping back on minoxidil for my crown , will use Zix for my hairline still. Still microneedling once a week
Minoxidil is for life.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people value their masculinity so they avoid hormonal poison like propecia. But if anyone's going the fina route only do it as a low dose topical.

Anyway, this is interesting and relevant to the thread:

Low dose topical as a diffuse thinner sucks. Gotta keep hair Short af too to apply it and it gets on your hair and builds up in your system over time anyways, best to just pop it like Candy than to mess around with topicals. Do I recommend propecia to you? Yes I do. Go ahead and pop it like candy birdy boy.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some studies say a very low dose of topical fina does not accumulate in your system, read this article:

Then get on it lol. I already saw that sh*t and he says it goes systemic, and using a tiny dosage topically as a diffuse thinner is a horrible idea. Even a YouTuber tried that and got back on oral finasteride because it wasnt as effective, he lost ground and said oral finasteride is best for diffuse thinners.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. The zinc in the formula adds up to about 5-6 days out of the month of daily zinc. To say it's all being absorbed topically seems unlikely.

I've been using zix for almost 17 years now and I often take 25-50mg zinc supplements , daily for years now bow only 2-3x per week with no copper. Certainly have experienced those sides.

Not saying you're not experiencing them however given my long term use I am
Surprised you're having that much sides from it.

been using Zix since 2019, no sides

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would I go on it? I'm doing fina with minoxidil/needling combo. You're the one bringing up fina, something completely irrelevant here. Also everyone here knows about fina. And no, the lowest dose of topical fina aka Mazzarella dose resulted in no DHT serum reduction, so it's as safe as can be hence I advise people who want to go the fina route to go topical, taking it orally is completely retarded.
Ur doing fina with minoxidill needling combo lol k. If u meant fine, minoxidil and dermarolling wont save u Forever. Or u got very mild hairloss and Arent sensitive to dht.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
What? I'm only doing minoxidil+needling combo. And of course I have typical Androgenetic Alopecia, for example fina completely stopped my hairloss but had typical side effects and valued my masculinity and health. Also I can go into why minoxidil/needling can last for a very long time but that will derail this thread about zix. I talked about this a lot in the big minoxidil/needling thread though and many guys are able to maintain even with minoxidil alone for 5+ years. Adding needling is a complete game changer.
Check your message you typed fina instead of fine. Lol.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on oral minoxidil 10 months, I thought this would be effective replacing the topical.. obviously not lol
Ur saying Topical minoxidill has been effective for you but not oral? Doesnt make sense. If u dont respond to oral minoxidill u wont respond to topical.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-02-10-15-01-208_com.snapchat.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-02-10-15-01-208_com.snapchat.android.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 209

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ur saying Topical minoxidill has been effective for you but not oral? Doesnt make sense. If u dont respond to oral minoxidill u wont respond to topical.

I don't know what's going on pal. Oral has hairs growing everywhere yeti style. Except since stopping topical , I recently noticed less density and more visible scalp

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't tell on scalp, I've had a transplant. Shedding has decreased slightly but I'm not sure if this is due to the Zix on my hairline/mid scalp. Also got some PDRN I apply once a week
Maybe minoxidill isnt strong enough anymore and you need a strong dht blocker get on topical finasteride super low dose perhaps.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't tell on scalp, I've had a transplant. Shedding has decreased slightly but I'm not sure if this is due to the Zix on my hairline/mid scalp. Also got some PDRN I apply once a week
Oral minoxidil bloats my face and never worked after 5 months high dosage. I used 20 mg even before.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did you use finasteride for out of those 17 years and why did you stop?

I used it for 7.5 years or something. I stopped due to sides. I would say brain fog and feeling of being out of it was the worst effect. I had a really hard time thinking, formulating thoughts in a systematic way, was always looking for my words. I do believe it had some feminizing effect on me, never grew a beard, body hair (face and legs) shed, I was emotional, lack of muscle mass. But I had amazing hair! :) Stopping was the best thing I ever did after living in a daze for 7 years. It's not to say I wasnt functional, I did manage to achieve decent success at work, with meeting women. I just felt like my life was an act, as I had a lot of difficulty behind the scenes so to speak. Now I feel good, confident, can think straight, I gained about 15 pounds of muscle after I quit. There were some sexual sides, which I overcame while on it, but it all worked better when I quit. I quit 17 years ago, time has flown by - it's becoming a distant memory.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
update, Im about 4.5 months after adding dermarolling (now 1.5mm) to my regime. Prior to that I started minoxidil in June of 2020, and have been on zix for 17-18 years or so. Observations, some filling in at the corner of my temples, more hairs along my teenage hairline, everything is thicker. It's tough to say how much more hair is along my hairline, could be 30-50 hairs (which doesnt go far across the hairline). Also, several people have jokingly suggested I color my hair since it's so dark now - that to me tells me my hair is noticeably thicker.

My hairline is not by any means coming back with a storm, it's really slow. If anything I have these sporatic hairs now which I find a little out of place, it seems to be filling in but has a really LONG way to go. But I do see evidence of where my hairline used to be 20 years ago. Im hoping things will pick up though, it takes time to have an effect and then to grow through the scalp. So Im hoping by month 6 I'll have much more to report. Perhaps I only really started with a decent dermaroller 2 weeks into it, so mayby I have 2 full months to get to 6 months. 9 months is what I think will be my plateau mark, and 1 year will be my "I dont think I'll progress more than this". Anyhow, still early-ish days. I hope to report more gains in the coming months.

What I can say is that adding minoxidil and dermarolling to my zix regime has really made a difference. I wish I had started earlier.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
What I can say is that adding minoxidil and dermarolling to my zix regime has really made a difference. I wish I had started earlier.
Sorry I probably missed it, are you putting minoxidil on at the same time as zix? Or separately - morning / night etc

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry I probably missed it, are you putting minoxidil on at the same time as zix? Or separately - morning / night etc
I tend to apply them 1x per day preferably 12 hours apart. In a pinch, say I didnt apply in the AM, I will apply both at night.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
update, Im about 4.5 months after adding dermarolling (now 1.5mm) to my regime. Prior to that I started minoxidil in June of 2020, and have been on zix for 17-18 years or so. Observations, some filling in at the corner of my temples, more hairs along my teenage hairline, everything is thicker. It's tough to say how much more hair is along my hairline, could be 30-50 hairs (which doesnt go far across the hairline). Also, several people have jokingly suggested I color my hair since it's so dark now - that to me tells me my hair is noticeably thicker.

My hairline is not by any means coming back with a storm, it's really slow. If anything I have these sporatic hairs now which I find a little out of place, it seems to be filling in but has a really LONG way to go. But I do see evidence of where my hairline used to be 20 years ago. Im hoping things will pick up though, it takes time to have an effect and then to grow through the scalp. So Im hoping by month 6 I'll have much more to report. Perhaps I only really started with a decent dermaroller 2 weeks into it, so mayby I have 2 full months to get to 6 months. 9 months is what I think will be my plateau mark, and 1 year will be my "I dont think I'll progress more than this". Anyhow, still early-ish days. I hope to report more gains in the coming months.

It's barely a week later, but I do think things are filling in more on my hairline. it just seems to be bringing me back several years. Im hoping for my early thirties hairline at this rate. The density behind my hairline feels like it did in my early thirties, so with a few more months I hope I'll have the matching hairline to celebrate. Will keep you all posted.

Last edited: