My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it would take ages to go through this epic thread but has anyone posted pics this actually works...efficacy?

i tried zix and wasn't expecting it to combat hair loss to a degree like other proven hair loss protocols but to use it to calm my scalp as i had scalp irritation from things i've used and it helped...which zinc is proven to do...if there were added bonuses then great but i didn't see that...no less shedding, no regrowth but calming the scalp yes...and scalp irritation can lead to hair loss.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
it would take ages to go through this epic thread but has anyone posted pics this actually works...efficacy?

i tried zix and wasn't expecting it to combat hair loss to a degree like other proven hair loss protocols but to use it to calm my scalp as i had scalp irritation from things i've used and it helped...which zinc is proven to do...if there were added bonuses then great but i didn't see that...no less shedding, no regrowth but calming the scalp yes...and scalp irritation can lead to hair loss.

That's what I first noticed, which in itself was a godsend. The shedding subsided quickly after that. Did you use the same brands as suggested? What's you zinc concentration, 2-3 pills?

One thing I noticed is my results are enhanced if I also supplement zinc internally - maybe 25 mgs of zinc picolinate daily (I use now brand).

HairForceOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Could someone please provide a link to a store where I could buy zinc sulfate? Looks like it is quite hard to find any products available here in Europe.

HairForceOne

Established Member
Reaction score

Thanks, I placed an order.

For those who have been on Zix for a longer time (or anyone else familiar with this subject): would you opt for hair transplant using only Zix? I mean usually you need to stabilize hair loss first before proceeding with hair transplant and that basically means using finasteride or dutasteride. Would Zix be enough in your opinion?

Ganked By DHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, I placed an order.

For those who have been on Zix for a longer time (or anyone else familiar with this subject): would you opt for hair transplant using only Zix? I mean usually you need to stabilize hair loss first before proceeding with hair transplant and that basically means using finasteride or dutasteride. Would Zix be enough in your opinion?
There are a lot of other options other than finasteride / Min / dutasteride that you can stack with Zix. Ask me if you want full list, but some would be:
- a medicated hair tonic
- growth serum
- supplements; black currant extract, vit d, fish oil, MSM, methionine, etc
- dermarolling
- more minor stuff

If you are at the point of getting a hair transplant though that probably means you need finasteride, whether you titrate the dose down is up to you. Seems underrated to me to do that considering the dosage curve.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I first noticed, which in itself was a godsend. The shedding subsided quickly after that. Did you use the same brands as suggested? What's you zinc concentration, 2-3 pills?

One thing I noticed is my results are enhanced if I also supplement zinc internally - maybe 25 mgs of zinc picolinate daily (I use now brand).
Original zix formulation w/ distilled water what i tried and i since ditched it. I would be concern about copper depletion if you are absorbing zinc topically and taking it internally as well.

Attachments

• E1C6D415-9309-44A2-962E-470828331867.jpeg
    E1C6D415-9309-44A2-962E-470828331867.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 95

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
anyone got side effects from zix? I get sides from everything, including topical RU, saw palmetto and so on.
If Zix is working by blocking DHT, and no matter what things end up going systemic even if applied topically from what I read, then perhaps some people have gotten some sides?

A rough estimate of how many people tried zix?
Appreciated

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear @Pigeon. I am about to order the ingrids.

Where are you guys getting the Ethyl Alcohol, Amazon tells me it is going to take 20 days for delivery. Is this available at CVS?
Been avoiding going anywhere. I heard covid makes you lose your hair, so that's the only reason I am not taking risks :)

altsequence

My Regimen
Reaction score
We are making a spreadsheet, can you summarize your experience with topical dutasteride along with other experiences with antiandrogens in general?
A little late with the response, but Topical dutasteride initially lessened my shed a good amount, to the point where my hair started looking thicker in about 2 weeks time. Then with continued use over the next 2 months I noticed the thinness setting in again, and I was able to see my scalp more clearly through my hair. Oddly enough was the terminal hair loss stayed observably lower than baseline, so my best guess is that the non terminal hairs were simply being lost at a higher rate, reducing overall coverage. Sides were limited to sleep disruption, with difficulty staying asleep all night. This was on a roughly .08% once a week dose.

I then began Zix and got a more immediate result. But as with Topical dutasteride, the results seemingly faded 2-3 weeks after starting.

Given my results, I'm convinced of the efficacy of both, but suspect that an increase in free test in my scalp is responsible for the plateauing of results after such a short time. I've since added RU 4% once a day to the regimen as an additional line of defense.

Ideally I'd be able to just use Zix and RU and could kick dutasteride to the curb because of the impact on sleep (got the same sleep impairment on topical and oral finasteride).

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
A little late with the response, but Topical dutasteride initially lessened my shed a good amount, to the point where my hair started looking thicker in about 2 weeks time. Then with continued use over the next 2 months I noticed the thinness setting in again, and I was able to see my scalp more clearly through my hair. Oddly enough was the terminal hair loss stayed observably lower than baseline, so my best guess is that the non terminal hairs were simply being lost at a higher rate, reducing overall coverage. Sides were limited to sleep disruption, with difficulty staying asleep all night. This was on a roughly .08% once a week dose.

I then began Zix and got a more immediate result. But as with Topical dutasteride, the results seemingly faded 2-3 weeks after starting.

Given my results, I'm convinced of the efficacy of both, but suspect that an increase in free test in my scalp is responsible for the plateauing of results after such a short time. I've since added RU 4% once a day to the regimen as an additional line of defense.

Ideally I'd be able to just use Zix and RU and could kick dutasteride to the curb because of the impact on sleep (got the same sleep impairment on topical and oral finasteride).
Weren't you using dutasteride and zix together

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way is anyone down to get a scalp biopsy done before and after Zix? We will fund everything so no worries

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
anyone got side effects from zix? I get sides from everything, including topical RU, saw palmetto and so on.
If Zix is working by blocking DHT, and no matter what things end up going systemic even if applied topically from what I read, then perhaps some people have gotten some sides?

A rough estimate of how many people tried zix?
Appreciated

To add to @Pigeon 's comment. I find it hard to think that 3x capsules of zinc and 7 of b6 applied topically over several weeks would cause any sides. And we all know that applying topically absorbs far less than taking internally. So you're talking about far far less (a tiny fraction) than your average recommended daily doses possibly causing sides, it seems while not impossible, extremely unlikely to me.

That said, I am hyper sensitive to sides on pharmaceuticals, singulair, flonase, avemys, pulmicort, finasteride, cetirizine, you name it, I tend to react with mild or stronger sides (finasteride). Zix, does not give me sides.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks @worm. I purchased the goods. Seems like a good safe option to maintain.

Wielebny

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can i use this as my zinc? I'm worry about industrial chemicals. I couldn't find anywhere in my country zinc sulfate in the tablets. Or can i use Now Foods Zinc Picolinate?
Form: white crystalline powder
Purity: min.99.5%
Chemical formula: ZnSO4 * 7H2O
Molar mass: 287.53 g / mol

Attachments

• 1611368355982.png
    1611368355982.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Loife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello gents, has anyone suffering from seborrheic dermatitis used zix successfully? My hair loss is worse day by day and the seb derm is definitely exacerbating things, what caught my attention is it was mentioned that zix got rid of the inflammation for some people and even when the rest of my hair goes I'd like just to be rid of that pain! Are people still using the original ingredients mentioned at the start of this post? I'm from the UK are all the ingredients available from Amazon? Many thanks guys!

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello gents, has anyone suffering from seborrheic dermatitis used zix successfully? My hair loss is worse day by day and the seb derm is definitely exacerbating things, what caught my attention is it was mentioned that zix got rid of the inflammation for some people and even when the rest of my hair goes I'd like just to be rid of that pain! Are people still using the original ingredients mentioned at the start of this post? I'm from the UK are all the ingredients available from Amazon? Many thanks guys!

I am new to Zix so I can't answer that. But what I can tell you from my readings is that you have to address this very seriously, as yes, it is a major factor. I used a combination of Pyrithione Zinc (head and shoulders), Tar, nizoral, and occasional salicylic acid. Dematitis and fungus are our enemies. I lately aded a tad bit of tea tree oil.