My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

feelsbad

Reaction score
Hello gents, has anyone suffering from seborrheic dermatitis used zix successfully? My hair loss is worse day by day and the seb derm is definitely exacerbating things, what caught my attention is it was mentioned that zix got rid of the inflammation for some people and even when the rest of my hair goes I'd like just to be rid of that pain! Are people still using the original ingredients mentioned at the start of this post? I'm from the UK are all the ingredients available from Amazon? Many thanks guys!
Same, seb derm is really bad and I am shedding like a mofo. No combination of shampoos seems to completely get rid of it. I am planning to start zix as soon as I can find the right form of zinc

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello gents, has anyone suffering from seborrheic dermatitis used zix successfully? My hair loss is worse day by day and the seb derm is definitely exacerbating things, what caught my attention is it was mentioned that zix got rid of the inflammation for some people and even when the rest of my hair goes I'd like just to be rid of that pain! Are people still using the original ingredients mentioned at the start of this post? I'm from the UK are all the ingredients available from Amazon? Many thanks guys!

Say no more. This is exactly how i started my hair loss. Seb derm, and the rage inducing itch drove me f'in bonkers. I tried every shampoo at the time, nothing worked. Eventually i got on finasteride and the itch subsided, that is until i stopped and it came back full force.

I think the red inflammed scalp exasperated the massive shedding.

Anyhow, zix was a life saver, shedding dropped to 5-10 hairs within a couple weeks. I cannot recommend it enough, especially for those experiencing hair loss with sebderm - which was a silver bullet for me. With the exception of minoxidil which i only added some 15 years after starting zix, I use and have used head and shoulders religiously.

All of these work wonders. I would try zix and h&S first. If that works, consider using minoxidil 1x a day, and zix 1x 12 hours apart.

minoxidil has been a big win for me, with thicker and darker hair across the board, and hairline is holding and looks strong, but I dont think I have regrown in the temple area (just thickened existing).. Ive regained years worth of density though.

I wonder if i had used minoxidil early on my zix journey how much better my hairline would be, but the long term benefits of minoxidil are to be seen (only 7.5 months in).

2 things to consider - 1, adding a zinc picolinate supplement, try "now" brand maybe 25mgs internally daily or every 2 days. I find without it I shed more, it kind of super charges the results.

2 - I dont think you need to apply this more than 1x a day, even though i suggest 2

Loife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thankyou for your answers especially Worm for the all the detail, could I ask for just a list of the ingredients you believe to work the best? Also are they available on Amazon? Im in the UK pretty new to this so I'm not sure where to start and where to buy things from or how to mix and apply them.

Ganked By DHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can somebody answer for my question?
Zinc Picolinate is very chemically different. In terms of supplements, Zinc Picolinate is one of the most easily absorbed forms and zinc sulfate one of the least and cheapest. So in a sense Zinc Picolinate is higher quality.

I'd just try it, you have the B6?

Wielebny

My Regimen
Reaction score
Zinc Picolinate is very chemically different. In terms of supplements, Zinc Picolinate is one of the most easily absorbed forms and zinc sulfate one of the least and cheapest. So in a sense Zinc Picolinate is higher quality.

Not yet. First i need zinc but i don't believe i can make Zix with Picolinate, if it is possible people would do it.

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Do not use picolinate for Zix, I was suggesting as a supplement to be taken internally.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thankyou for your answers especially Worm for the all the detail, could I ask for just a list of the ingredients you believe to work the best? Also are they available on Amazon? Im in the UK pretty new to this so I'm not sure where to start and where to buy things from or how to mix and apply them.

Pluspharma Zinc sulphate - it's on Ebay.co.uk

Pure encapsulations works well for b6 p5p - try both amazon and ebay

Paqua

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your continuous effort with this thread and all the help you gave to the community.

I would like to try out Zix aswell, but the ingredients dont seem to be so easy to get in Germany.

Especially the zinc. The only zinc sulfate I can find on amazon is this:

10 drops contain 15 mg of Zinc, so to achieve the desired concentration of 660mg in Zix I would have to put 440 drops per bottle of Zix?!

I cannot find any other zinc sulfate, neither on amazon nor ebay.

Can I use any other form of zinc as well?

Zandoer

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found another product that I could import from the UK:

Which one would be better?
Grüß dich,du kannst die nehmen. Es muss darauf geachtet werden, dass die hepta sind. Dein Produkt entspricht dem,bestell die ruhig

Templah

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Danke dir für die schnelle Antwort :)
falls du doch die flüssig nimmst: 1ml = 50mg elementales zink, du müsstest also 3ml nehmen für die 150mg.

I have been trying both liquid zinc and hepta tablets so far, they seem to work equally well for my terrible scalp itch.
The tablet version gives me a stronger headache tho for some reason.
I'm only gonna continue using the tablets anyway just in case.

Last edited:

TheBlackSuit

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nutzt ihr Zink nur wegen dem Kopfjucken oder auch um DHT zu hemmen? Habt ihr damit die Miniaturisierung eures Haars stoppen können?

Templah

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nutzt ihr Zink nur wegen dem Kopfjucken oder auch um DHT zu hemmen? Habt ihr damit die Miniaturisierung eures Haars stoppen können?
Keine Ahnung ob es den Haarausfall verlangsamt, ich finde zwar deutlich weniger Haare auf dem Schreibtisch aber das kann auch daran liegen ,dass das Zeug die Haare wie Gel zusammenhält :D

Last edited:

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
falls du doch die flüssig nimmst: 1ml = 50mg elementales zink, du müsstest also 3ml nehmen für die 150mg.

I have been trying both liquid zinc and hepta tablets so far, they seem to work equally well for my terrible scalp itch.
The tablet version gives me a stronger headache tho for some reason.
I'm only gonna continue using the tablets anyway just in case.
Hello @Templah

Are you saying that Spraying Zinc Sulphate liquid has diminish your scalp itch. How about Oily Scalp and Hair, did it help by any means.
Does the liquid zinc spary also contain the B6 Vitamin.
Thanks

Templah

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello @Templah

Are you saying that Spraying Zinc Sulphate liquid has diminish your scalp itch. How about Oily Scalp and Hair, did it help by any means.
Does the liquid zinc spary also contain the B6 Vitamin.
Thanks
No, i make zix by adding so much that it has 150mg elemental zinc in it. With dilluted water, alcohol and b6. I think i see less hairs on the ground or my desk but I didn't count anything. Dont have oily hair

TheBlackSuit

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Paqua Danke für den Hinweis auf das Produkt!!! Habt ihr die Vitamine auch irgendwo günstig entdeckt?
Wenn das Zeug so klebrig ist, wie lange lasst ihr es auf dem Kopf bevor ihr es auswascht? Benutzt ihr Zix mit einer Folie?

Hab auf amazon noch ein Angebot zum azelaic acid gefunden, falls es jemand in Kombination mit Zix testen möchte.

Link

Last edited:

Templah

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Paqua Danke für den Hinweis auf das Produkt!!! Habt ihr die Vitamine auch irgendwo günstig entdeckt?
Wenn das Zeug so klebrig ist, wie lange lasst ihr es auf dem Kopf bevor ihr es auswascht? Benutzt ihr Zix mit einer Folie?

Hab auf amazon noch ein Angebot zum azelaic acid gefunden, falls es jemand in Kombination mit Zix testen möchte.

Link
So klebrig ist das nicht nur n bisschen und fast gar nicht wenn du nicht schüttelst.

sry this is german territory now