My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Loife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pluspharma Zinc sulphate - it's on Ebay.co.uk

Pure encapsulations works well for b6 p5p - try both amazon and ebay
I purchased these p5p tablets before you sent your recommendation,

Would these work as well?

Just as a side note have you tried supplementing the b6? As I read this in itself can help with Seb derm?
Any thoughts on why it works? I was reading it aids in supplying oxygen to the blood. I also did notice months ago before seeing any of this, that when my scalp was on fire, if I breathed deeply (belly breathing) for around 10 minutes, doing 4 seconds breathing in, 4 secs holding & 4 secs breathing out that I would feel a rush in my scalp which calmed down the itch....maybe there is something more to that! Lack of oxygen causing these issues ‍♂️ just a thought.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hate to ask basic questions, been a while w/o alternative treatment, what's the story with the Ethyl alcohol instead of isopropyl?

I am not able to get my hands at all on Ethyl alcohol (tried AMZ, WG, CVS....).
I started with isopropyl for now.

TheBlackSuit

My Regimen
Reaction score
falls du doch die flüssig nimmst: 1ml = 50mg elementales zink, du müsstest also 3ml nehmen für die 150mg.

I have been trying both liquid zinc and hepta tablets so far, they seem to work equally well for my terrible scalp itch.
The tablet version gives me a stronger headache tho for some reason.
I'm only gonna continue using the tablets anyway just in case.
Isn't the ready-made liquid version inferior to the self-made version because it is without Ethyl alcohol and therefore has less good penetration?
The first post says to use 640 mg of zinc in 60 ml liquid so the concentration of the zinc per 1 ml is 10.66 mg and you said there is 50mg of zinc in 1ml of the ready-made liquid version. So isn't this overkill? Do you dilute it?

Ganked By DHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hate to ask basic questions, been a while w/o alternative treatment, what's the story with the Ethyl alcohol instead of isopropyl?

Doesnt really matter, isopropyl just more irritating on skin maybe but its used in some cosmetics. Personally I use less than 15ml ethanol or none at all, because I fail to see actual evidence ethanol is needed, second I already dermaroll, third I use other serum at the same time that has penetration enhancers in it.

Templah

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't the ready-made liquid version inferior to the self-made version because it is without Ethyl alcohol and therefore has less good penetration?
The first post says to use 640 mg of zinc in 60 ml liquid so the concentration of the zinc per 1 ml is 10.66 mg and you said there is 50mg of zinc in 1ml of the ready-made liquid version. So isn't this overkill? Do you dilute it?
It's not a ready made zix, you are supposed to add it to 60ml.

220mg zinc sulfate(heptahydrate) =50mg elemental zinc.
1ml of worms zix has 2,5mg zinc

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Do not use isopropyl, it will not work

TheBlackSuit

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guide for the stupid people (me):
So I need to add 3ml liquid zinc sulfate (which are 220mg zinc sulfate) to 60 ml of (45 ml distilled water and 15 ml ethyl alcohol 70%)
and put one 150 mg of b6 p5p vitamin into the 63 ml.

Can I just use 60 ml of distilled water instead of mixing it with ethyl alcohol? Is applying it ones per day with foil good enough instead of 2 times a day? How long do you let it on your scalp?

Templah

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guide for the stupid people (me):
So I need to add 3ml liquid zinc sulfate (which are 220mg zinc sulfate) to 60 ml of (45 ml distilled water and 15 ml ethyl alcohol 70%)
and put one 150 mg of b6 p5p vitamin into the 63 ml.

Can I just use 60 ml of distilled water instead of mixing it with ethyl alcohol? Is applying it ones per day with foil good enough instead of 2 times a day? How long do you let it on your scalp?
that 3ml is only true if you use the same as mine (the one from the link).

You can skip the alcohol or use this https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00IQ8XGAY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
you could also just use 7ml instead of 15ml to save money.

Also keep in mind that Worm believes only heptahydrate zinc sulfate capsules worked for him.
Trying capsules first is probably a better idea

Last edited:

Ganked By DHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any studies that show what he says? From what I found out oral zinc increases T and DHT while the study in the first post shows that topical zinc inhibits DHT.

Link: Effect of zinc administration on plasma testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, and sperm count
That study is irrelevant because its done on infertile health problem people, and the rise in hormones was a sign that their health improved. It is also their plasma testosterone and dht. You want to have optimal zinc level for hair, you can get a blood test done to check.

Smalls

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, ran across this thread almost two years ago and after a lot of ground lost with my current regimine I figured I would give this a shot. Ive pretty much read this entire thread and I know everything to get started but im likely going to start without ethyl alcohol at first since I've had less than desirable sides with topical SP going systemic. My question is that when I do eventually work my way up to adding it in, I wanted make sure that I have the right solution. Is ethyl rubbing alcohol the same as ethyl alcohol? Seems like Google hasn't been much help in answering this question and I see both options when searching online. Ill be sure to post updates as well.

tomerlevi052

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'll realy apriciate your help about the alcohol subject in the zix formula,

Can some one please
State the company of the product they are using/use a picture
I can't find any thing that's not isopropyl alcohol

Ganked By DHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'll realy apriciate your help about the alcohol subject in the zix formula,

Can some one please
State the company of the product they are using/use a picture
I can't find any thing that's not isopropyl alcohol
You can find it on ebay, type in ethyl alcohol or ethanol. It should say in the description or on the label. And it doesnt have to be exactly 70%, you can just use different amount of distilled water to compensate. Make sure it isnt isopropyl alcohol.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, It's about 8 months since adding zix to my regimen. I've been wavering with good and bad hair days, and its hard to assess where I'm at as it slow day to day progress. But I definitely maintain, that I've seen a big improvement when combining the two applied 1x day each 12 hours apart.

While my temples have receded over the past 16 years on zix, they've moved at a glacial pace, still about an inch over that time though. My hair was slowly going thinner, again at no noticeable pace.

Minoxidil gave me back about 5-7 years. Hair is way thicker and darker, my temples are solidifying,where there is hair that seems to be growing in. In ways I feel more confident about my hair than I did 12-13 years ago.

My hairline is still about an inch higher, than when I started zix over a decade ago, but the quality of my hair is in other ways better, denser. In the more recent years it looked a bit thin at the crown while on zix alone, especially accentuated when it was greasy. but now there is no real evidence of that.

I wish I had started this experiment a decade ago. Anyhow who is to say how long the gains will continue or will last, but so far so good. I am hopeful I will continue to see progress in the next few months as well.
Will keep u all updated.