My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I said, there may be exceptions but assuming he knows more than all of us, there should be merit to his comments

Without Joe, I would likely be bald. I must say way back when, I tried his super zix and zix 2, which worked worse than the original.

Perhaps its not a one size fits all, but over the years I certainly find my formula works best for me. I had tried triple the zinc on the suggestion of a forum member who said they had improved results - and it did for me.

Anyhow, I am not trying to discredit him, but i do know mono did not work for me, to the point where I lost ground for months not realizing it was the zinc.

So I caution anyone who is trying this for the first time. You should try with hepta first, because you may give up on something that works by using the wrong zinc.

Beatle

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, I might start using nizoral instead of zinc pyrithione 2 in 1 because I'd only need to apply it 2x times a week for solid results, whereas zinc pyrithione requires daily application to promote hairgrowth according to studies. But nizoral seems to dry out hair for most people which isn't a surprise because it's just a shampoo and not a shampoo/conditioner. There has to be something you can add to the nizoral to help with the drying.
I use Nizoral once every 2 weeks, sometimes once a week, and when I do, I use a conditioner after to prevent my hair from drying out.

I also use head and shoulders normal (which has the zinc pythorine you describe) about once a week. I apply conditioner to keep my hair from being too dry.

Not sure it makes a difference but those two shampoos are generally considered healthy for scalp with DHT so I'll stick with it for now!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see, so it's purely your personal experience why you recommend hepta.

Btw, do you have any sking aging because of minoxidil? I'm reading so many anecdotes on the internet talking about how their skin got worse due to minoxidil.

Not really, someone on this thread noticed that I used hepta vs mono based on the brands I said worked. He had quoted some stats and it seemed legit. This was 3+ years ago, but it made sense.

As for my minoxidil I'm not sure. I am entering my mid 40s. I look pretty young, but I have gotten some circles under my eyes. But I think it's also due to young kids, not sleeping full nights. I have dropped drinking alcohol recently and my skin looks better. Also I applied coconut oil to my face once or twice and that brought a lot of moisture back to my face, so that helped at the time.

Kind of all over the place with my comment. But I did notice I am looking older before I started minoxidil, so its difficult for me to pin any of that on the addition of minoxidil.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would love to see the stats on hepta vs mono, I'll see if I can find them.

I feel like this shouldn't even be up for debate, why even take the risk - just go hepta. Price wise there shouldn't be any significant difference, especially on a per batch basis.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

feelsbad

Reaction score
I feel like this shouldn't even be up for debate, why even take the risk - just go hepta. Price wise there shouldn't be any significant difference, especially on a per batch basis.

For me hepta is just unavailable in pure form. So since it would be mono or nothing in my case I would like to see more evidence (if it exists) so I don't waste the time and effort if mono will be effective

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, I think it's safe to say there is no problem taking mono hydrate if you can't find hepta.

Btw, the actual zinc in those 220 mg capsules is actually 50 mg zinc.

View attachment 154338
I do not agree with the first statement - my experience is zix does not work with mono at all. Ive shed for weeks wondering what was up with the zinc. I haphazardly tried a couple others until stumbled across pluspharma which worked - it happened to be hepta and I only realized that was why some zinc sulphate works and not others long after the fact.

the dosage is always like that no matter what on any zinc supplement - it says 220mgs, from 50mgs of elemental zinc.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
OTC supplements are a nice addition to your regimen and they should be placed in the same category as diet and exercising. It can't hurt, makes you feel good but don't expect miracles.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Zinc is an ion therefore it shouldn't have trouble entering through the cell wall iirc, hepta is more diluted perhaps high doses pf zinc fire back on worm who knows. I asked several chemists who also specialize in zinc supplements, none of them said that there may be a link. Some said that once zinc mixes with water and alcohol it reacts therefore it doesn't matter but don't quote me on that one.

Over all, if you cannot find hepta get mono

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me, I used pure hepta and regular otc mono and no difference whatsoever. I also don't get any difference between regular b6 and p5p

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know what type of zinc they used in that study showing zinc and B6 having an anti androgenic effect in the skin?

@worm yeah I understand but if people can't find hepta, maybe mono will work for them too. But people need to be aware you only support hepta zix.

Well maybe based on @sonictemples experience it could be. I do know my experience involved lots of shedding when I changed up the brands I used. I would still get hepta if you can.

balding101202

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not agree with the first statement - my experience is zix does not work with mono at all. Ive shed for weeks wondering what was up with the zinc. I haphazardly tried a couple others until stumbled across pluspharma which worked - it happened to be hepta and I only realized that was why some zinc sulphate works and not others long after the fact.

the dosage is always like that no matter what on any zinc supplement - it says 220mgs, from 50mgs of elemental zinc.
Worm, I read some of your thread here. Thank you for this. I thought - why not give it a try. I have a couple of questions, if you would be so kind to answer or anyone with the knowledge?

1) in my country, there is no "zinc sulfate heptahydrate" available in capsules, only in liquid form with vitamin C and purified water (not distilled), then there are only chemical vendors that sell pure zinc sulfate heptahydrate. As I have no knowledge in chemicals, I tried to google this stuff and it is used in various industries, but no mention as food supplement. It sells for like $15 per pound (0.5kg) in big satchet. I am reluctant to buy it - can it be harmful to use this stuff without any further processing - to dump it right into concoction? Is it viable alternative to use the liquid food supplement (with added vitamin C and water, which I assume is far from ideal)?

2) I use minoxidil 5% foam twice a day. How do you fit Zix topical into your regimen? I am not sure if applying soon before or after Minoxidil can be harmful or otherwise negative? I mean, can minoxidil cause bigger absorption and cause some side effects or vice versa?

Thank you for your answer in advance and good luck in your further battle of hairloss.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm, I read some of your thread here. Thank you for this. I thought - why not give it a try. I have a couple of questions, if you would be so kind to answer or anyone with the knowledge?

1) in my country, there is no "zinc sulfate heptahydrate" available in capsules, only in liquid form with vitamin C and purified water (not distilled), then there are only chemical vendors that sell pure zinc sulfate heptahydrate. As I have no knowledge in chemicals, I tried to google this stuff and it is used in various industries, but no mention as food supplement. It sells for like $15 per pound (0.5kg) in big satchet. I am reluctant to buy it - can it be harmful to use this stuff without any further processing - to dump it right into concoction? Is it viable alternative to use the liquid food supplement (with added vitamin C and water, which I assume is far from ideal)?

2) I use minoxidil 5% foam twice a day. How do you fit Zix topical into your regimen? I am not sure if applying soon before or after Minoxidil can be harmful or otherwise negative? I mean, can minoxidil cause bigger absorption and cause some side effects or vice versa?

Thank you for your answer in advance and good luck in your further battle of hairloss.
Never use industrial chemicals, they aren't pure and have heavy metals.

balding101202

My Regimen
Reaction score
Never use industrial chemicals, they aren't pure and have heavy metals.
Well, maybe I explained myself badly. I am not sure it is "industrial chemical" vendor, just saying there are only vendors selling chemicals I am able to find that have this. It also says min. 99%, pure. But yes, I am reluctant to use this.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, maybe I explained myself badly. I am not sure it is "industrial chemical" vendor, just saying there are only vendors selling chemicals I am able to find that have this. It also says min. 99%, pure. But yes, I am reluctant to use this.
99% sounds good

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hi in a rush - but that bulk material sounds pretty good, as long as you can figure out how to properly measure it.

2 - I use minoxidil 1x per day. I think the half life is like 20 hours, so reducing your applications by half may be fine.

tomerlevi052

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see, so it's purely your personal experience why you recommend hepta.

Btw, do you have any sking aging because of minoxidil? I'm reading so many anecdotes on the internet talking about how their skin got worse due to minoxidil.
I had it,
Was using minoxidil 5% for allmost 3 and a half years
It maid my face look bloated, older, with dark circles around the eyes

balding101202

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi in a rush - but that bulk material sounds pretty good, as long as you can figure out how to properly measure it.

2 - I use minoxidil 1x per day. I think the half life is like 20 hours, so reducing your applications by half may be fine.
Hi, thank you for your reply, appreciate it. I found another vendor, selling 100g (0,2 lb)

Can you guys please take a look and let me know if it would be safe to use it? I translated from the website:
Content: ZnSO4.7H2O, 99.2%
other parameters
Zinek (Zn) 65.39 %
produced according to SVP/ GMP

How much of it should I mix into concoction? 0.1g? As you mention 2x220mg - containing 2x50mg zinc? That would be for 1 month supply?

Thank you guys!

it2wi

Reaction score
For forumula, is Isopropyl an effective substitute if can't get hands on ethyl?

Have seen some folks forgo alcohol altogether. Just wondering how strict the ethyl requirement is