My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a reason the form of zinc needs to be zinc sulfate? Sulfates can be drying and are known to irritate the skin
Other zinc forms might theoretically work, but zinc sulphate was the type of zinc used in this study (maybe others?): h ttps://cdn2.shopify.com/s/files/1/0028/2935/3030/files/Fer-_Inhibition_of_5a-reductase_activity_in_human_skin_by_zinc_and_azelaic_acid.pdf

dragonjj109

My Regimen
Reaction score
Threw out my foam minoxidil because it giving me wrinkles/aging effects, All I got now currently is scalp massages and ZIX until I get my hands on topical finasteride. I've also considered experimenting with visualization/affirmation techniques, I've heard of many anecdotal testimonies of self-belief healing diseases/illnesses and improving athletic ability, perhaps hair growth/hormones can be affected this way as well.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Threw out my foam minoxidil because it giving me wrinkles/aging effects, All I got now currently is scalp massages and ZIX until I get my hands on topical finasteride. I've also considered experimenting with visualization/affirmation techniques, I've heard of many anecdotal testimonies of self-belief healing diseases/illnesses and improving athletic ability, perhaps hair growth/hormones can be affected this way as well.
lol

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

How can you tell you have premature aging? I havent slept through the night in months (young kids), so i have circles under my eyes, but i feel this is easily attributable to my kids plotting to spoil a good night's rest for the next decade or so :).

dragonjj109

My Regimen
Reaction score
How can you tell you have premature aging? I havent slept through the night in months (young kids), so i have circles under my eyes, but i feel this is easily attributable to my kids plotting to spoil a good night's rest for the next decade or so :).

I've had very faint wrinkles in my forehead for a few years now, but it's only recently since using minoxidil that I've noticed the lines deepen. I could perhaps counter this by using collagen peptides and facial moisturizer, but eh I don't want add to my routine just to deal with sides.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great thread @worm, I want to start trying this treatment too, I have some questions -
You prepare 60ml of the compound, and use 2-4 ml a day, which means the compound needs to hold for 2-3 weeks. is that ok? the effectiveness doesnt decrease? also do you put it in the refrigerator I guess?
About the zinc - should I buy the tablets or the capsules? which is better?

thanks

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a reason the form of zinc needs to be zinc sulfate? Sulfates can be drying and are known to irritate the skin

Technically no. It is likely the zinc ion itself that does the heavy lifting.

I think zinc ricinoleate would be a banging thing to try for a couple of reasons:

a) It has a high molecular weight so it would mostly only be entering via the hair shaft, i.e. directly to the HF, reducing the risk of any sides
b) You get both the benefit of zinc to inhibit 5AR and ricinoleic acid to stimulate PGE2 directly in the hair follicle
c) It's easily available in places: https://www.alexmo-cosmetics.de/Zinc-Ricinoleate_1

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well I was today at the pharmacy to buy zinc sulfate, and the woman there said they dont have it (only picolinate), and said it is mainly for hair (shedding), without me even mentioning it, so I guess it is sulfate for a reason.

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great thread @worm, I want to start trying this treatment too, I have some questions -
You prepare 60ml of the compound, and use 2-4 ml a day, which means the compound needs to hold for 2-3 weeks. is that ok? the effectiveness doesnt decrease? also do you put it in the refrigerator I guess?
About the zinc - should I buy the tablets or the capsules? which is better?

thanks

I like the tablets personally, I find it offers better thickening imo.

You're right a bottle.lasts about 2-3 weeks.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
well I was today at the pharmacy to buy zinc sulfate, and the woman there said they dont have it (only picolinate), and said it is mainly for hair (shedding), without me even mentioning it, so I guess it is sulfate for a reason.
zinc sulfate is mostly used for cosmetics as picolinate is for oral intake as it is way more bioavailable

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
i bought my heptahydrate powder from a sunscreen retailer

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would stick with the finasteride unless you just like the meditation:)

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. I am non-binary Male to Female but right now, I feel most comfortable as a female but as is implied, my personality is sort of both. I like to tinker and I like to try to reason through these things and find solutions. The current conundrums in HRT are stochastically fascinating and I spend a lot of time right now reading about that.

I think my protocol is listed but it is what I would call HRT plus in terms of being a bit extreme but also extremely safe. Some might quibble with medroxyprogesterone but it is approved by the endocrine society for HRT. Once, I am happy, I expect to be on an estradiol-only HRT program meaning just three pills a day or two Climara's.

I really enjoy discussing this especially around people who are obsessed with something besides breast growth because I get more than my fill of that. That being said, I want people to know about the MtF non-SRS experience because it is fascinating and the HRT part links with the dutasteride that saved my hair for years. Thanks for asking. I am also currently running at pregnancy levels of estrogen as I am attempting to peak especially hair-wise. I am going to keep posting semi-daily pics because the hair is coming in very differently from how you guys and I, would have expected probably. I also have five years pics of my hair of the grim place where duta was losing effectiveness after 22 years of finasteride/Duta, which is when I jumped ship and started DIY MTF.

Last edited:

dragonjj109

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can also try zix + needling combo.

I'll consider dermarolling, However I am a bit concerned about the possibility of the zix chemicals entering my bloodstream directly from pores caused by needling. Also, Doesn't it get harder to dermaroll as your hair grows out?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll consider dermarolling, However I am a bit concerned about the possibility of the zix chemicals entering my bloodstream directly from pores caused by needling. Also, Doesn't it get harder to dermaroll as your hair grows out?
I couldn't sleep so I just happened to do my own hair and probably the most thoroughly in six to nine months. My hair is pretty long for a guy and I have found that the 2.0 mm needle seems to work better for me in terms of it not getting caught. When I started HRT, I had a shed so I just shaved it and so last year that did make it easier to use the smaller needles and so I have all five counting down from 2.0 and I would alternate but now I am sticking to the 2.0. I don't know about your chemicals. I use a tonic of minoxidil, estrogel and retin-a, put on in reverse order with the minoxidil last after I finish so I want my meds entering the bloodstream.

The only think that I am not sure about is how realistic maintenance is for guys or women doing it long-term because it does hurt and it is sort of like brushing your teeth in terms of being unhygienic, sort of. I am mostly using it along with HRT because that is already working for my hair. It works even better on scars because once they are gone, you don't have to keep rolling them.

Hopefully, I won't have to do it often in the future because it hurts. Every single transgender female treatment hurts like hell but nothing is like beard removal.

Last edited:

dragonjj109

My Regimen
Reaction score
I couldn't sleep so I just happened to do my own hair and probably the most thoroughly in six to nine months. My hair is pretty long for a guy and I have found that the 2.0 mm needle seems to work better for me in terms of it not getting caught. When I started HRT, I had a shed so I just shaved it and so last year that did make it easier to use the smaller needles and so I have all five counting down from 2.0 and I would alternate but now I am sticking to the 2.0. I don't know about your chemicals. I use a tonic of minoxidil, estrogel and retin-a, put on in reverse order with the minoxidil last after I finish so I want my meds entering the bloodstream.

The only think that I am not sure about is how realistic maintenance is for guys or women doing it long-term because it does hurt and it is sort of like brushing your teeth in terms of being unhygienic, sort of. I am mostly using it along with HRT because that is already working for my hair. It works even better on scars because once they are gone, you don't have to keep rolling them.

Hopefully, I won't have to do it often in the future because it hurts. Every single transgender female treatment hurts like hell but nothing is like beard removal.

Even if it does hurt I'm willing to do it weekly/Bi-weekly so long as it provides results with minimum detriment to my health.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if it does hurt I'm willing to do it weekly/Bi-weekly so long as it provides results with minimum detriment to my health.
There's no detriment to health. It would help if you mentioned your age and level of baldness.

For some guys, it just isn't worth the hassle. Micro-needling is mostly, in my opinion to improve quality and maybe round out some cosmetic effects but I have seen guys get amazing results in terms of generating hair all over their heads but it is still not cosmetically significant and for guys with the DHT-prone follicles, I think that I have seen several of these guys lose all the gains in a few months. Other people might feel differently. Without rogaine, I don't think that I would do it except fro areas with scars or small thinning areas. Since I have pretty much full coverage but diffuse thinning, I think that it works best in my situation which is just one of those things.

Anything I can do to help you, just let me know.