My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

jazz1

Reaction score
What about Lipogaine or Revivogen?

Mandos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi @worm , thank you very much for making this useful article, I am happy that I found there is an option for people like me who doesn't want to risk their well being and use the big 3. I'm planning to start zix very soon, but I have one big barrier which is, there is no service provider that would buy and ship the ingredients to my country, I have been researching for the last couple months without hope, till today I found someone who would ship it for me only for one time, so can you please confirm the items and websites below are the correct and reliable ones? I don't really want to miss this chance by buying wrong ingredients. Also, could you please tell me how many would be enough for a 2 years supply?

The ingredients and their websites:

* 220 mg zinc sulfate capsule/tablets (does it matter or change anything if it is tablet or capsule?) This "https://www.amazon.com/PlusPharma-Zinc-Sulfate-220mg-Capsules/dp/B00E4MJYYS" where you originally posted it says the item is unavailable, I'm not sure if it's only from my side or others as well. So are those "https://www.walmart.com/ip/PlusPharma-Zinc-Sulfate-Capsules-220-mg-100-Count/181015705" and "https://www.ebay.com/p/1900395042" reliable and legit alternatives? If I want to buy from them? Isn't it better to buy powder, if so is there any provider that sells it?

* 50 mg vitamin b6 - same questions, does it matter or change anything if it is tablet or capsule? It shouldn't be pyridoxine or it can work as well? You recommended to buy "https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Encapsulations-Activated-Metabolism-Carbohydrates/dp/B001WUTBBQ/" but it also says the item is unavailable on my side? Are those "https://www.amazon.com/Douglas-Labo...sphate-Emotional-Cardiovascular/dp/B00142ELZ8", "https://www.amazon.com/Country-Life-Pyridoxal-Phosphate-Tablets/dp/B0019GXQK0" and "https://www.amazon.com/NOW-P-5-p-50-Veg-Capsules/dp/B0753G21CW/" reliable and legit alternatives? If I want to buy from them?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is your zix consist of 3.5 zinc capsules? Does it get less effective if you add more?

For me I start to shed more when im 4 and less than 3. I tend to just use 3 capsules now, it's just easier to mix. I think it might be more effective with 3.5 though. I suspect everyone will respond differently so probably a game of trial and error.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me I start to shed more when im 4 and less than 3. I tend to just use 3 capsules now, it's just easier to mix. I think it might be more effective with 3.5 though. I suspect everyone will respond differently so probably a game of trial and error.

I have used 9 for 60 ml for a long time so I don't know why I wasn't able to maintain. Maybe two much is worse for hair

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's easy 1.5 years for me. Wish I experimented furthermore instead of sticking to a very high dose

Beatle

My Regimen
Reaction score
I posted almost 2 years ago and started using the six @worm described on the first page of this thread around 1.5 years ago.

Really happy with results so far. I've maintained and actually gained ground around the crown. Hair is thick and I've gotten many compliments from barbers and friends. I use Nizoral about once every two weeks and zix only at night (I don't like what it does to my hair in the morning). Actually I probably only apply about 5 nights per week.

Anyway, a big thank you to @worm for dedicating his time to this thread. It is peace of mind and an easy and affordable solution to make and use.

dragonjj109

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I started applying zix a fe?w days ago, and i seem to be shedding more hair than usual, Think I might've added too much ethyl alchohol (I think i might've put 1 oz instead 1/2 oz) because my hair feels like it's dried out, I also used 3 220mg capsules for my solution instead of 1, doubling on it like worm did. Another thing, I've been doing is dripping in the same spot multiple times due to paranoia over it not being enough. However, I have noticed that my dht scalp iching has disappeared in the areas I've applied it.

dragonjj109

My Regimen
Reaction score
I posted almost 2 years ago and started using the six @worm described on the first page of this thread around 1.5 years ago.

Really happy with results so far. I've maintained and actually gained ground around the crown. Hair is thick and I've gotten many compliments from barbers and friends. I use Nizoral about once every two weeks and zix only at night (I don't like what it does to my hair in the morning). Actually I probably only apply about 5 nights per week.

Anyway, a big thank you to @worm for dedicating his time to this thread. It is peace of mind and an easy and affordable solution to make and use.

Interesting, I might start using nizoral instead of zinc pyrithione 2 in 1 because I'd only need to apply it 2x times a week for solid results, whereas zinc pyrithione requires daily application to promote hairgrowth according to studies. But nizoral seems to dry out hair for most people which isn't a surprise because it's just a shampoo and not a shampoo/conditioner. There has to be something you can add to the nizoral to help with the drying.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am super happy to hear that not only does it help people's hair, but people generally enjoy their lives more. It certainly did that for me. Cheers @Beatle !

HairPiece

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, i dont think about baldness, I have been wearing swiss lace hair piece. I am very good physically and mentally.
If you dont have any information about hair piece you can visit my blog :

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

Can you post a picture of how your hair is and your age please?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I started applying zix a fe?w days ago, and i seem to be shedding more hair than usual, Think I might've added too much ethyl alchohol (I think i might've put 1 oz instead 1/2 oz) because my hair feels like it's dried out, I also used 3 220mg capsules for my solution instead of 1, doubling on it like worm did. Another thing, I've been doing is dripping in the same spot multiple times due to paranoia over it not being enough. However, I have noticed that my dht scalp iching has disappeared in the areas I've applied it.

It sounds to me like you're using wayyyyyyy too much ethyl alcohol. First of all it's a 2oz bottle(60mls), so 1oz is half the bottle (30mls). That will dry your hair to no end. I maybe put 7.5mls - so about 1/4 oz, or 1.5 teaspoons worth.

Applying too much will also give you negative returns. I apply 1x daily - so go with that. once you've applied evenly, massage it gently into your scalp. Brush or comb your hair because it'll be all over the place, let dry. Then style as you like.

You can always go down to 2x capsules and see how that goes.

I use a zinc pyrithione shampoo (H&S). I do not recommend nizoral, i have had bad effects using both - major shedding. And it dries your hair out to no end.

Last edited:

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wish we had someone to get scalp biopsies to see how much DHT it blocks

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To Worm, To any of you.

Does ANYONE actually tryed vitamin b6 and zinc internally, have you guys checked the effect of those to human?

I would.

probably with msm... or maybe a good source of gla/omega 3

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a couple questions. I micro needle once a week and I was wondering if I can apply zix right after or would that be bad? Btw I micro needle with 1mm needles.
I was also wondering if anyone knows how to exfoliate the scalp because I figured it might help with absorption of topicals. Also because after I micro needle my scalp gets a little flaky about 2 days later which usually lasts a couple of days. I just don’t like seeing that on my hair.

feelsbad

Reaction score
Is there a reason the form of zinc needs to be zinc sulfate? Sulfates can be drying and are known to irritate the skin

dragonjj109

My Regimen
Reaction score
It sounds to me like you're using wayyyyyyy too much ethyl alcohol. First of all it's a 2oz bottle(60mls), so 1oz is half the bottle (30mls). That will dry your hair to no end. I maybe put 7.5mls - so about 1/4 oz, or 1.5 teaspoons worth.

Applying too much will also give you negative returns. I apply 1x daily - so go with that. once you've applied evenly, massage it gently into your scalp. Brush or comb your hair because it'll be all over the place, let dry. Then style as you like.

You can always go down to 2x capsules and see how that goes.

I use a zinc pyrithione shampoo (H&S). I do not recommend nizoral, i have had bad effects using both - major shedding. And it dries your hair out to no end.
So 3 tsp of ethyl alchohol to the total container mixture?