My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
this has been discussed
aesthetic reasons suggests pyridoxine
some sources suggest that the activated pyridoxal-5-phosphate form is better. there are few studies about it
what does aesthetic reasons mean? i don't think p5p made my hair look bad. also the study was in vitro so there is no way it is p5p if they used b6 by itself

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what does aesthetic reasons mean? i don't think p5p made my hair look bad. also the study was in vitro so there is no way it is p5p if they used b6 by itself
I not debating it, there's a lack of evidence so..up to you
P5p is more yellowish

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I not debating it, there's a lack of evidence so..up to you
P5p is more yellowish
oh I see. thank you

I am trying to ask joe but he doesn't reply

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
oh I see. thank you

I am trying to ask joe but he doesn't reply

yeah he used to reply to me but didnt not reply to me the last time i emailed him 4-5 years ago. I gather he receives lots of mail, so may not reply any more. at the end of the day, he's one guy with one version of the zinc//b6 combo. I believe you need to fine tune it, and my recipe works for me, but maybe it's not a one size fits all.

Emanoel900

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm Joe says in his website that Zix should not be used in conjunction with minoxidil (he is almost sure about it). So, why did you decide to use them both? Have you heard anyone using them and having good results?

Last edited:

dragonjj109

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finally made and am using my own zix alongside foam minoxidil, Even If it doesn't show results within 6 months I'll just have to keep tweaking it or trying joe's variations due to how cheap all this sh*t is. I'm not comfortable with oral finasteride and topical finasteride is apparently hard to get hold of in the U.S for some reason.

@worm
I haven't read through this whole thread but have you considered adding scalp massages to your routine, if even for 4-10 minute daily? Might seem redundant because you're using minoxidil but scalp massages might aid the absorption and increase elasticity, might be what you need to finally trigger regrowth based on what I've in the massage thread.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm Joe says in his website that Zix should not be used in conjunction with minoxidil (he is almost sure about it). So, why did you decide to use them both? Have you heard anyone using them and having good results?

I am aware of that and have been wary of trying for the same reasons, but Ive addressed a few times through this thread. The people who I have read who have used both have generally reported good results. I havent heard anything to the negative for that matter - as in it hasnt resulted in negative results.

Im over 110 days in, and so far my hair is thicker and looks the best it's looked in a long while - and I see the results in photos with family. I cant say my hairline has magically reappeared, but Im still not even at 4 months. I do believe my hairline has solidified though. In my 40's im not sure that i'll have a total reversal, but Ive already experienced at least 10% increase in density, my hair is darker and looks wayyy better. I think ive reversed a slow loss of close to 5 years, except the hairline.

I think month 6, and even a year will be the ultimate benchmarks for regrowth. Ive got a while before i get there. I am periodically updating as it's impossible to report more often given how slow hair grows :)

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

One other thing, is I try to separate zix and minoxidil (1x time each daily) application roughly 12 hours apart give or take a few hours, to avoid any negative interaction.

jazz1

Reaction score
Finally made and am using my own zix alongside foam minoxidil, Even If it doesn't show results within 6 months I'll just have to keep tweaking it or trying joe's variations due to how cheap all this sh*t is. I'm not comfortable with oral finasteride and topical finasteride is apparently hard to get hold of in the U.S for some reason.

Topical Finasteride is easy to get hold of in the US, I am based in the United Kingdom and I buy from a compound pharmacy, obviously filling out a consultation prescription first.

Check my thread I posted for forum members, you should be lucky as in the US you have these amazing compound pharmacies.

Check here Topical Finasteride or Dutasteride:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...oxidil-finasteride-mixture-check-here.126633/

Emanoel900

My Regimen
Reaction score
One other thing, is I try to separate zix and minoxidil (1x time each daily) application roughly 12 hours apart give or take a few hours, to avoid any negative interaction.
Thanks for the reply. I'll give the formula a try as I am suffering from a deadly itchy scalp (and of course severe hair loss) for a long time and nothing works for that. As I have recently started using minoxidil (less than a month), I'll consider applying them in different sessions.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'll give the formula a try as I am suffering from a deadly itchy scalp (and of course severe hair loss) for a long time and nothing works for that. As I have recently started using minoxidil (less than a month), I'll consider applying them in different sessions.

I suffered itchy scalp with no solution, until i used zix. It's a game changer.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
just kirkland brand - liquid 5%. Shedding is fine. I some hairs here and there, but Im not losing a lot.
Is your zix consist of 3.5 zinc capsules? Does it get less effective if you add more?

jazz1

Reaction score
I suffered itchy scalp with no solution, until i used zix. It's a game changer.

Awesome how long you been on treatment and do you use anything else?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Too see if LLLT is enough

Just had my hair checked by my derm after 3 months of LLLT usage, and not using Zix

Can confirm I have lost some ground on my hairline, not much but still a loss

So I’m going to now jump back on Zix + LLLT

last time when using both I maintained with some regrowth.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just had my hair checked by my derm after 3 months of LLLT usage, and not using Zix

whats ur formula

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

to add. The recession has occurred in the area I was applying zix previously