My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update - Im already 45 days into my minoxidil experiment - 1x per day.

So far it's been an adjustment as I now have to shampoo daily. Ive also been applying minoxidil in morning as it blends into my drying hair, and I apply zix at night. My wife knows about zix, but not minoxidil (she would think im being rediculous for using it) - so that's my motivation for when I apply it.

I have noticed that my hair still looks pretty good and I sometimes have good hair days (wife mentioned that wednesday). I have not seen any filling in of my hairline (which I am hoping for about 5 years of regrowth), but it's wayyyy to early i think. Having started thinning 24 years ago and being in my 40's doesnt help my odds. That said I have been shedding more, noticeably but not worrisome. I still feel I wont see noticeable results before day 90 or 120, but I remain optimistic.

I seem to have no real sides to speak of, maybe a little more headaches, but nothing really to speak of.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
In this interview of Joe, he mentions that he is going to add azelaic acid and a few things to the new zix formula.

Good to know that I'm on right track!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
In this interview of Joe, he mentions that he is going to add azelaic acid and a few things to the new zix formula.

Good to know that I'm on right track!

From the looks of it, seems like he's got his solution fine tuned to perfection. ;)

I must caution you, he has yet to add AA, so there is no evidence it works. I used his formula from the start, and while I credit him for my success, the dosage I eventually discovered with help from others on HLH (now dismantled) was grossly inadequate, which led me to find a sweeter spot (for me at least).

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
From the looks of it, seems like he's got his solution fine tuned to perfection. ;)

I must caution you, he has yet to add AA, so there is no evidence it works. I used his formula from the start, and while I credit him for my success, the dosage I eventually discovered with help from others on HLH (now dismantled) was grossly inadequate, which led me to find a sweeter spot (for me at least).
Hello worm, thanks for replying!
Anectodal reports should be considered valuable, I wonder how the formulation evolved though. I cannot get a hold of Joe. We shouldn't forget that there are dozens of satisfied private users that thanked Joe privately instead of publicly. So I believe he has the most insight.

Regards, Sonic.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

SOA77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw guys, be careful it you think of adding azelaic acid, have seen more and more people reporting to have PFS from this. Also an AA like fina,...

Couple of comments in this video;
Thanks a lot for sharing this, i thought it was relatively safe, I feel a bit stupid now as i tried it at the same time as zix, i should mention it directly, my bad. So azelaic made me « crash « again » and not zix. 2 weeks later my libido is still affected if it does like ru it will be better soon. If you didnt mention that I would have tried it again and be back for horrible weeks of sides.
I’m off this shits now, I will not take any risks again, zix, dermaroller, stemoxydine and cetirizine will be my next regimen, it seems safe, tell me if I’m wrong. When i see how my body react to drugs, and how I wasn’t able to take the rights choices this fight could have taken an other turn, a dramatic one

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
One of my concerns is how aromatase inhibitors don't actually lower 5AR as I once thought. That means zix is a direct 5ARI or it works via other pathways other that androgens which I hope so.

youngn

Reaction score
@worm how did you or Joe come up with this formulation? The original study appears to use such a minor amount of b6 compared to zinc, but you are using as much or more of b6 than zinc.

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw guys, be careful it you think of adding azelaic acid, have seen more and more people reporting to have PFS from this. Also an AA like fina,...

Couple of comments in this video;
This video makes no mention of azelaic acid. Are you just talking about the actual comments section?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm how did you or Joe come up with this formulation? The original study appears to use such a minor amount of b6 compared to zinc, but you are using as much or more of b6 than zinc.

It was not Joe, although I did tried his formula, and bought all the ingredients he suggested, having success. I tripled the zinc on the suggestion of a user called jambap on hairlosshelp.com he had crazy good results, and my results improved noticeably. In the end I ended up then doubling the concentration (more as a thickener) and this hit the sweet spot for me. It's not to say the original formulation joe had is not effective for others. Im just reporting what worked for me, and what modifications I made to it that improved my results over the years.

youngn

Reaction score
It was not Joe, although I did tried his formula, and bought all the ingredients he suggested, having success. I tripled the zinc on the suggestion of a user called jambap on hairlosshelp.com he had crazy good results, and my results improved noticeably. In the end I ended up then doubling the concentration (more as a thickener) and this hit the sweet spot for me. It's not to say the original formulation joe had is not effective for others. Im just reporting what worked for me, and what modifications I made to it that improved my results over the years.
Thanks

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
unlikely to be zix that caused it, your hair was more than likely already thinning

Yes my hair has been receding since 21. but after using ZIX for a few days i noticed the receding sped up. and its quite surprising how fast your hair can recede in a few days.

Which is annoying because its obviously not helping. infact its clearly just making it worse.

But then I seem to have this issue with a lot of anti-hairloss related things. its not a shed for sure, they just seems to be encouraging more thinning.

My body seems to hate DHT blockers and anything that encourages hair growth. so it seems to just wreck my scalp faster

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes my hair has been receding since 21. but after using ZIX for a few days i noticed the receding sped up. and its quite surprising how fast your hair can recede in a few days.

Which is annoying because its obviously not helping. infact its clearly just making it worse.

But then I seem to have this issue with a lot of anti-hairloss related things. its not a shed for sure, they just seems to be encouraging more thinning.

My body seems to hate DHT blockers and anything that encourages hair growth. so it seems to just wreck my scalp faster

one thing that has helped me is getting my hair professionally checked out every 3-6 months by a dermatologist.

That was how I found out LLLT was working for me.

Zix alone probably isn’t enough if I’m honest, I was losing ground in lockdown at a very slow pace using it by itself - LLLT helped

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Really weird.

Maybe try something like minoxidil/needling combo.

Needling also made my hair recede faster. every so often i went back and tried needling but after a week its like i had receded far more in 1 week than if i had done nothing. and then i regret trying it.

Its possible i have an autoimmune issue and my body is sensitive to chemical or physical interactions like that. in which case i will just go cry in the corner for just how much that would suck

tomerlevi052

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi every one,
I managed to find a place who is selling Ethyl Alcohol
can some please clarify what is the percentage of Ethyl we need for the zix formula?
there are products with 60% , 70% , 96% , 99%

Thanks!