My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Sebcar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using the original zix for like 3 months now and it works good, but I do get some minor side effects the worst one being headaches. Iam thinking of taking 1 week breaks every so often to have my zinc level drop. Please share ur opinion on this lol thanks

Leexa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been microneedling (1/week 1.5mm) + minoxidil (2/day) for the last 6 months and I've noticed very slow regrowth. I'm NW3 and I'm now considering adding zix (minoxidil morning and zix at night).

Problem is I'm in France and amazon isn't the same. Here's what i opted for, what's your opinion :

- HealthAid's Zinc Sulfate -> 200 mg, 45 of ZINC
- Now Food's P5P B6, 50mg (going to put 3 tablets in the mix)

You can check the brands on amazon as i can't link it yet as a newbie.
Are the doses close enough to the ones of the original zix ?

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Problem is I'm in France and amazon isn't the same.

French as well. Had to order this god damn pills on the American Amazon and waited 3 weeks to get them delivered in France (had to pay tremendous shipping fees).

=> You can find these pills but you will pay them at a big price.

Otherwise, I can't comment on the products you mentioned. I'd say it's better to get the original as @worm experienced different results with different brands.

Make sure you read this thread prior to ordering.

Leexa

My Regimen
Reaction score
French as well. Had to order this god damn pills on the American Amazon and waited 3 weeks to get them delivered in France (had to pay tremendous shipping fees).

=> You can find these pills but you will pay them at a big price.

Otherwise, I can't comment on the products you mentioned. I'd say it's better to get the original as @worm experienced different results with different brands.

Make sure you read this thread prior to ordering.

IDK man, I Checked pretty much everything and it looks legit and definitely similar to what worm uses.

So still considering those brands, you should check them too.

Leexa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just make sure the zinc is heptahydrate.

Yes, that's what I've been paying attention to, but does Zinc Sulfate = Zinc Heptahydrate? There's no indication of that on the products, i can't find it even with ctrl+f

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, that's what I've been paying attention to, but does Zinc Sulfate = Zinc Heptahydrate? There's no indication of that on the products, i can't find it even with ctrl+f
Zinc monohydrate has one molecule of water in its molecular formula and Heptahydrate has seven of them, but they have the same active components zinc sulfate.
Given that, zinc sulfate mono contains higher active component of zinc 35 – 36% as Zn
Zinc sulfate heptahydrate contains about 20 – 22% as Zinc. hope it helps

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I apologize in advance for my English.
I started using the zix yesterday, and apart from the yellowish coloring I noticed that once dried it leaves a little white residue in the hair / cute? It's normal? I also noticed that while I apply it I know that it is not the classic liquid lotion but massaging with the fingers it feels as if the powder has not been dissolved well, even if there is no residue from the bottle.
Residual powder is standard Zix behavior. Shake the bottle before each application.
Just got all the materials and mixed it up, just one ? tho, my hairline is very slowly receding over the past couple years, mainly just my temples and hair is still thick. Do I apply Zix just to my temples or is this a thing I should rub in my hands and mix through my entire hair/scalp?
No need to apply Zix where there is no balding.
Been using the original zix for like 3 months now and it works good, but I do get some minor side effects the worst one being headaches. Iam thinking of taking 1 week breaks every so often to have my zinc level drop. Please share ur opinion on this lol thanks
Reducing or removing the alcohol has solved headache and other problems. If any trouble persists, you can apply Zix once daily instead of twice, or use the original Zix, which contains less zinc and no alcohol:

http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_7.htm

Hello everyone,

I've been microneedling (1/week 1.5mm) + minoxidil (2/day) for the last 6 months and I've noticed very slow regrowth. I'm NW3 and I'm now considering adding zix (minoxidil morning and zix at night).

Problem is I'm in France and amazon isn't the same. Here's what i opted for, what's your opinion :

We Europeans can find the right products on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...esc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=pluspharma+zinc+sulfate

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Use Ebay UK

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Residual powder is standard Zix behavior. Shake the bottle before each application.

No need to apply Zix where there is no balding.

Reducing or removing the alcohol has solved headache and other problems. If any trouble persists, you can apply Zix once daily instead of twice, or use the original Zix, which contains less zinc and no alcohol:

http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_7.htm

We Europeans can find the right products on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...esc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=pluspharma+zinc+sulfate

This. Read @-Link- 's posts. He's one of the better (and more rational) authorities on Zix.

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So Zix has both a bit of a golden color and can leave white residue in the hair?

Hm, I was thinking that Zix, being a thin liquid, would be preferable for long hair styles. Now normally I use an EO blend, which I roll on to my buzz cut. The roller ball releases a subtle, controlled amount which you then massage in to spread it around nicely. So this method of application doesn't make your hair too greasy like a dropper of EO would. If you sport long hair with diffuse thinning and then make it too greasy with, the thinning really stands out and your hair looks like sh*t.

The benefit of an EO blend containing, e.g., rosemary and caffeine, is that it has androgen blocking and ATP/circulation increasing qualities that persist all day — by contrast, a caffeine shampoo marketed to women is probably ineffective for AA because realistically you can only stand there with shampoo on your head for, what, 15 minutes? And you don't really want to wash long hair every day anyway, because that's ultimately counterproductive for overall hair and scalp health. So you're getting a pretty marginal if not negligible benefit from whatever additives are in such a shampoo.

So for these reasons I tend to think this type of blend is actually better than topical Minoxidil (internal Minoxidil is out of the question for my tastes). When I used Minoxidil in the past, I would spritz my hair lightly with water after applying the Minoxidil, and then comb it through (without roughing up the scalp). Then my hair would air dry and look okay. I'd usually add a few sprays of argan oil as my hair type is very dry, big, and somewhat wavy. Now a large amount of Minoxidil in the hair itself — if left to dry untouched— acts rather like a hairspray, but combing it out with water as I did would render the hair close to natural feeling, as if no alcohol/solution-based product was in the hair, which I hate.

So how do you go about styling the hair with Zix application? (Either with long hair or a buzz cut). I'm thinking it would leave too much evidence on a buzz cut that can't easily be gotten rid of as there's nothing to comb...

Last edited:

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think guys of adding taurine in zix formula, as it's proven to be useful against fibrosis and calcification?

Same thing about topical l citrulline, it increases blood flow

Most calcification comes from the absolute trash 90% of people eat, even when making relatively health conscious decisions. They're not getting vitamin K2, and to a lesser extent, D and probably magnesium too. They're eating almost exclusively grainfed animals, seed oils in most products. But we tend to get a decent amount of calcium in the West due to all the dairy, and with a K2 deficiency, one carries high blood calcium levels and it deposits in undesirable places. This kind of imbalance cascades into various things such as obesity, diabetes, thyroid problems, none of which are addressed holistically but with Rx of course. And lastly I suspect the diet of modern trash world is alone responsible for some significant % of the balding rates we see. What % that is, who knows, but it has to be there.

Anyone serious about hair should look into what they eat. Hey, sometimes what begins in vanity can lead to good things, better habits.

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
So Zix has both a bit of a golden color and can leave white residue in the hair?

Hm, I was thinking that Zix, being a thin liquid, would be preferable for long hair styles. Now normally I use an EO blend, which I roll on to my buzz cut. The roller ball releases a subtle, controlled amount which you then massage in to spread it around nicely. So this method of application doesn't make your hair too greasy like a dropper of EO would. If you sport long hair with diffuse thinning and then make it too greasy with, the thinning really stands out and your hair looks like sh*t.

The benefit of an EO blend containing, e.g., rosemary and caffeine, is that it has androgen blocking and ATP/circulation increasing qualities that persist all day — by contrast, a caffeine shampoo marketed to women is probably ineffective for AA because realistically you can only stand there with shampoo on your head for, what, 15 minutes? And you don't really want to wash long hair every day anyway, because that's ultimately counterproductive for overall hair and scalp health. So you're getting a pretty marginal if not negligible benefit from whatever additives are in such a shampoo.

So for these reasons I tend to think this type of blend is actually better than topical Minoxidil (internal Minoxidil is out of the question for my tastes). When I used Minoxidil in the past, I would spritz my hair lightly with water after applying the Minoxidil, and then comb it through (without roughing up the scalp). Then my hair would air dry and look okay. I'd usually add a few sprays of argan oil as my hair type is very dry, big, and somewhat wavy. Now a large amount of Minoxidil in the hair itself — if left to dry untouched— acts rather like a hairspray, but combing it out with water as I did would render the hair close to natural feeling, as if no alcohol/solution-based product was in the hair, which I hate.

So how do you go about styling the hair with Zix application? (Either with long hair or a buzz cut). I'm thinking it would leave too much evidence on a buzz cut that can't easily be gotten rid of as there's nothing to comb...
The residual Zix powder is minor and even helps thin hair look thicker by concealing the scalp. It causes no trouble for most people. Zix helps with styling the hair. If you want to apply something like wax, just wait until Zix has dried.

Zix should be good for long hair. Not sure about very short hair, but The King of Zix Regrowth, also known as @Ezekiel2019, had rather short hair on some of his pictures. Scroll down on this page to see:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...nxodil-results-from-tressless.117746/page-585

Last edited:

LuckyLuke1

Reaction score
Can minoxidil be used together with the zix?
For example, minoxidil 30 minutes before and once dried put also the zix?

Leexa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can minoxidil be used together with the zix?
For example, minoxidil 30 minutes before and once dried put also the zix?
Zix denies the effect of minoxidil. You can still use both be make sure to wait enough time for the products to take effect.

Some people say it's 3 hours for minoxidil to get in, some 4 hours.

You can for example follow my plan :
- 8 a.m. minoxidil
- 5/6 p.m. minoxidil second time
- before going to bed (10/11p.m.) zix - keep it until next morning.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/492035

"In a double-blinded, cross-over study, researchers systematically evaluated oral zinc sulfate (5 mg/kg/day) for the treatment of AA in 100 patients. The first cohort was initially treated with zinc and then placebo, resulting in complete hair regrowth in 60% of patients after 3 months and maintenance for 3 months after cessation. Conversely, the second cohort was first treated with placebo and then zinc. After 3 months of placebo, 10% of patients completely regrew hair, and subsequent supplementation with zinc resulted in 67% of patients with complete regrowth. Side effects were mild, including gastric upset [106]. Topical and oral zinc supplementation may prove to be an efficacious adjuvant for both Androgenetic Alopecia and AA treatment in patient populations that would like CAM modalities"

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/492035

"In a double-blinded, cross-over study, researchers systematically evaluated oral zinc sulfate (5 mg/kg/day) for the treatment of AA in 100 patients. The first cohort was initially treated with zinc and then placebo, resulting in complete hair regrowth in 60% of patients after 3 months and maintenance for 3 months after cessation. Conversely, the second cohort was first treated with placebo and then zinc. After 3 months of placebo, 10% of patients completely regrew hair, and subsequent supplementation with zinc resulted in 67% of patients with complete regrowth. Side effects were mild, including gastric upset [106]. Topical and oral zinc supplementation may prove to be an efficacious adjuvant for both Androgenetic Alopecia and AA treatment in patient populations that would like CAM modalities"

5mg/kg is like 450 mg Zinc sulfate a day for me. This text is inarticulate. I presume this was done on zinc-deficient subjects.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5mg/kg is like 450 mg Zinc sulfate a day for me. This text is inarticulate. I presume this was done on zinc-deficient subjects.
Zinc anti androgen effects are dose dependent. Btw zinc sulfate has around 20% elemental zinc in it. This is just an abstract
Yes of course those who are lacking have most benefits (not so rare today since tap water, microwave, food with plastic traces, we have an estrogenic environment who contributes to raise copper and estrogens and depletes zinc )

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Zinc anti androgen effects are dose dependent. Btw zinc sulfate has around 20% elemental zinc in it. This is just an abstract
Yes of course those who are lacking have most benefits (not so rare today since tap water, microwave, food with plastic traces, we have an estrogenic environment who contributes to raise copper and estrogens and depletes zinc )

Zinc was always touted as a pro-androgen substance, when taken internally as with zinc-rich food sources. But Zinc sulfate (internally) has an anti-androgen effect?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Zinc was always touted as a pro-androgen substance, when taken internally as with zinc-rich food sources. But Zinc sulfate (internally) has an anti-androgen effect?
Elemental zinc has dose dependent effects on hormones. You can check on examine studies.
At rel low dosage is hormone regulator and this mild dht blocking properties favourites libido.
At high dosage is clearly anti androgen.
So, i would say It depends

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Zix is great for styling. I generally have had long hair. It dries and clumps your hair together somewhat but not in a greasy way. It rather gives it a cosmetic thickening boost.

After it dries I run my brush through my hair and it has body, life and looks thicker than it really is. Long or short it's great as a styling and quasi thickening agent.