My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm,I come from China, I already use zix11 days, it makes my scalp dermatitis is much better, also don't itch, but my hair haven't reduce, I washing a hair two days off about 50 root, drop 20-30 hair during the day, they are scattered on the pillow, bed, desk, it makes my mood is very bad, every day you are using a zix how long a hair loss reduced, I hope I can make my hair loss zix reduced, finasteride should I eat? I can't stand it.

Keep it up for another 2 weeks.

Arne Reyns

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. I am thinking about trying a topical. I am not sure if I would try Zix or Topical Finasteride (at low dose). What would u guys suggest?

Does anyone have experience with adding finasteride to Zix? So that way I could maybe combine the 2 topicals? What do you guys think?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. I am thinking about trying a topical. I am not sure if I would try Zix or Topical Finasteride (at low dose). What would u guys suggest?

Does anyone have experience with adding finasteride to Zix? So that way I could maybe combine the 2 topicals? What do you guys think?
Just use both.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd suggest taking zix for 6 months, if that doesn't work go on topical fina.

This way you know what works or not.

Have you thought about CB over zix pigeon? or are you waiting for the price to go down? From what i gather your hair loss isn't that aggressive and CB is probably more potent than zix and side effect free.

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pigeon or anyone, Im trying to discern whether or not zix is a good addition to my minoxidil.. I have read somewhere that zinc inhibits the efficacy of minoxidil. Can anyone clarify?

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It absolutely matters.

@MrsS was a female user and had great success. I believe she started tinkering with other treatments and things went sideways. Anyhow maybe she can update us

Hi Worm,

Still using Zix every few days. Worked great for my inflamed scalp. I dont have flare ups anymore, my scalp is calm. Whenever I hot those "attacks" i lost a sh*t ton of hair, like handfull. I did experiment with other stuff but didn't stick to it, like microneedling or adding stuff to Zix. Honestly, it doesnt add any benefits.

Zix alone wasnt enough to stop my Hair loss. I have Chronic Telogen effluvium with underlying AA. Almost two years ago I was shedding 300+ hairs daily. Now, I lose about 30-40 hairs a day which is in my normal range.

My regimen is Zix on wash day (2 to 3x per week) + Lactoferrin on my temples + 9 grams of gelatin daily (to battle inflammation and it's anti-estrogenic) + Vitamin d & K2.

Thinking of dropping Lactoferrin next year as I got regrowth in my temples. Sticking to Zix, gelatin and vit D&K2

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Worm,

Still using Zix every few days. Worked great for my inflamed scalp. I dont have flare ups anymore, my scalp is calm. Whenever I hot those "attacks" i lost a sh*t ton of hair, like handfull. I did experiment with other stuff but didn't stick to it, like microneedling or adding stuff to Zix. Honestly, it doesnt add any benefits.

Zix alone wasnt enough to stop my Hair loss. I have Chronic Telogen effluvium with underlying AA. Almost two years ago I was shedding 300+ hairs daily. Now, I lose about 30-40 hairs a day which is in my normal range.

My regimen is Zix on wash day (2 to 3x per week) + Lactoferrin on my temples + 9 grams of gelatin daily (to battle inflammation and it's anti-estrogenic) + Vitamin d & K2.

Thinking of dropping Lactoferrin next year as I got regrowth in my temples. Sticking to Zix, gelatin and vit D&K2
How do you consume that much gelatin? Capsules ?

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you consume that much gelatin? Capsules ?

I have gelatin powder (Jacob hooy) and add it to yoghurt and granola. Sometimes I add 2 of 3 grms to a cup of tea.

I started with 1 gram a day and build it up to 9 grams. I did overdo it for a while (14 grams a day) that hurt my bowel.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Worm,

I found a shampoo with Lactoferrin and Piroctone olamine in it. Could be decent.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it probably depends on how well it's mixed. I don't use ethanol, only distilled water, that could explain it.

I had to stop Zix after a few weeks of use solely with microneedling because of the yellow staining it did to my scalp and seemed to also on the grey hair areas.....but I did notice it helped stop any hair shedding when I used it and shampooed it out, but even after a shampoo wash the damn color was slightly visible and annoying.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pigeon or anyone, Im trying to discern whether or not zix is a good addition to my minoxidil.. I have read somewhere that zinc inhibits the efficacy of minoxidil. Can anyone clarify?

No, Zix should not be applied directly before or after minoxidil has been, if you feel like it you can apply minoxidil in the morning and Zix at night before bed, applying Zix directly before minoxidil will dilute and alter its inhibitory effects, and applying Zix after minoxidil will reduce absorption and lessen its potency to possibly none. Just stick to keeping a 10-12 hour time distance between each.

INT

Reaction score
I had to stop Zix after a few weeks of use solely with microneedling because of the yellow staining it did to my scalp and seemed to also on the grey hair areas.....but I did notice it helped stop any hair shedding when I used it and shampooed it out, but even after a shampoo wash the damn color was slightly visible and annoying.

Did you use alcohol in your solution?

Arne Reyns

My Regimen
Reaction score
I applied Zix only 2 times now and I feel some dizziness in my head already. Is this normal? Is it possible that it fades away after a while? Someone experienced it as well? (I applied 2x 220mg zix in the solution - worm applied 3x while original is 1x so I took the inbetween)