My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Undertone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone experiencing some sort of greasiness using ZIX ? People claim it's actually the opposite ...

Shadow_

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone getting a yellowish stain on their scalp from zix? Maybe I used too much b6? My mixture is quite yellow

INT

Reaction score
The color changes, If I mixed the B6 and zinc in a 60 ml bottle the mixture is yellowish but when there's only 20 - 10 ml left of the mixture in the bottle, the color changes in to a more whitish tint.

I had the same but only in my last batch. Before this never happened.

Bangkokboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol you serious? It's literally in the first sentence of the first post on the first page: "ethyl alcohol (70%)" Google that and you will find what you need.
The first page doesn’t talk about what kind of ethy alcohol I should buy. There’s so much different kinds on amazon.

Endless, where you from? If Canadian, you can get it for a buck and a half at dollarama.

Desperated_Kid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw a guy on tressless saying Zix is the better treatment he tried (he tried minoxidil and finasteride)

And on baldtruthtaIk a guy saying Zix is the only thing who worked for him, it regrew his crown.

But it s sad there isn't much testimonies and proof with photos ect..

For the guys on Zix, do you have results? I don't think this product will give regrowth but do you experienced maintenance?

Do you think it can work against DUPA?

Last edited:

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For anyone having trouble finding ethyl alcohol, I don't know if this is common knowledge but methylated spirits is (in most cases) just ethyl alcohol. I know in Australia the 'Diggers' brand is 95% ethyl alcohol and 5% demineralised water, no other ingredients, but for each brand you'd want to check the MSDS to see if they've added other stuff to it.
Then you'd just dilute it to get 70% alcohol solution, done. (note I don't use this but just sharing knowledge because I spent ages looking for ethyl alcohol till I realised that methylated spirits is the same).

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw a guy on tressless saying Zix is the better treatment he tried (he tried minoxidil and finasteride)

And on baldtruthtaIk a guy saying Zix is the only thing who worked for him, it regrew his crown.

But it s sad there isn't much testimonies and proof with photos ect..

For the guys on Zix, do you have results? I don't think this product will give regrowth but do you experienced maintenance?

Do you think it can work against DUPA?

As Ive written, On top of maintenance I think zix helps give you a boost for the hair you have and shedding decreases, so overall coverage will improve.

That said @Ezekiel2019 had full regrowth combined with microneedling as he tackled it young. Im 42 now, and my hair continues to gradually recede, about 2cms in the past 15 years, only applying once daily. So pretty damn slow, considering the ferocious pace i was losing hair without treatment.

I think if I had been a little more regimented and applied it 2x day or maybe added minoxidil spaced 12 hours apart, I would be in a much better place.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Endless, where you from? If Canadian, you can get it for a buck and a half at dollarama.
I am in the states. Okay so I just ordered zinc sulfate powder 99.3% pure. I also ordered powdered p5p b6 and 70% ethyl alcohol all on amazon. Lets hope to god this is the solution.

I am starting to think that zinc isn’t being shuttled to the follicle appropriately in male pattern baldness a reaction occurs where dht increases and causes hairfall. This also explains why zinc increases test because it doesn’t allow for the 5ar to upregulate.

when people talk about inhibitors they talk about things that bind to the enzyme and then deactivate it. I think zinc and b6 prevent the creation of the 5ar enzyme

jonmayhew

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pigeon are you not using Alcohol at all for your mix? Just in regards to your previous post, because ideally I'd like to do the same as any topical i've used with alcohol in seems to be me a dull headache sadly

Steven young

My Regimen
Reaction score
[引述=“Omega 2327,POST:1850440,成员:130591”]同意。每个人都使用Zix,但我不明白为什么他们不使用Zix+壬二酸,因为这个组合已经被证明具有协同作用,而且到目前为止效果最好。从几个星期前开始,我使用这种组合结合每天针.75毫米。不含副菜。

“Vitamin B6 potentiated the inhibitory effect of zinc, but not of azelaic acid, suggesting that two different mechanisms are involved. When the three substances were added together at very low concentrations which had been shown to be ineffective alone, 90% inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity was obtained. If this inhibition is confirmed in vivo, zinc sulphate combined with azelaic acid could be an effective agent in the treatment of androgen related pathology of human skin.“

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/3207614/[/QUOTE]
Do you know the concentration of azelaic acid to improve the effect of zinc? I think I need this method, because 660mg of zinc sulfate is too much for me, I want to cut down the quantity of zinc but maintain its effectiveness.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First results, when combined with dermarolling, are expected in 3 months right?

I will try zix the worm way for 3 months to see if shedding diminishes/I get some regrowth. If not, I'll pursue the oral fina route (at low dose).

I will take before and after pictures for you guys.

Oueyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
First results, when combined with dermarolling, are expected in 3 months right?

I will try zix the worm way for 3 months to see if shedding diminishes/I get some regrowth. If not, I'll pursue the oral fina route (at low dose).

I will take before and after pictures for you guys.
Same as me, ordered some fina from alldaychemist waiting dem currys to deliver me. Been on zix for few months now, have seen some slight improvment. Most effects occurs when i apply it (a bit of thickening). However, i don't feel like it's enough for me as i pretty much have diffuse agressive hairloss at fcking 21. Guess it's either nucking my dht or going bald ffs

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Zix has been successful with and without alcohol. Choose whichever suits you best. If you want to use distilled water as a carrier, then apply Zix to a hydrated scalp for better absorption, or possibly use it with dermarolling. With alcohol, you can apply it whenever. Just remember, Zix is zinc sulphate and p-5-p, that's it! Anything you add to it other than that is NOT Zix, and there is no guarantee it will work.