My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Bangkokboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Playing devils advocate:

What if you use a very good quality hair brush and just move it around your scalp in every way possible, wouldn't this not even be better or even as good as massaging the scalp by hand?

And yes I'm serious.

Just throughing things out there as in theory this would be the same, no?

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Playing devils advocate:

What if you use a very good quality hair brush and just move it around your scalp in every way possible, wouldn't this not even be better or even as good as massaging the scalp by hand?

And yes I'm serious.

Just throughing things out there as in theory this would be the same, no?
Honestly the brush make me shed a few hairs, massaging doesn't make me lose any hair

Plus the scalp massage method = pinching and kneading...not sure it can be done with a brush

AlwaysSouth

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any before and after pics, especially recent ones? I see bulk of them in micro-needling threads. wanted to decide which one to go zix or micro-needling.

ariel12160

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any before and after pics, especially recent ones? I see bulk of them in micro-needling threads. wanted to decide which one to go zix or micro-needling.

I think you can combine between them, just make sure that if you microneedle you don't put zix for at least 12 hours.

the moment they try to sell you something is the moment I don't believe them.
take what he says with a grain of salt.

Of course when someone try to sell me something I take what he say very.carfully.
But Tom and the youtube guy dont try to sell anything, at least from what ive seen

Last edited:

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
one guy managed to recover all his hair with both (and only these 2) so you can combine. From what I've understood, zix is to stop the loss, and microneedling for the regrowth.

SteveBelieve

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take the same zinc from Pluspharma and B6 from NOW

Ezekiel2019 your results are great, but i would like to know how many p5p capsules do you use, because ingredients look a little bit different for 150mg B6 and do you add zix after stamp?

pure encapsulations p5p Ingredients
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5' phosphate) (activated B6) 50mg
vitamin C (as ascorbyl palmitate) 3mg

nowfoods p5p Ingredients
Vitamin B-6 [from 50 mg Coenzyme Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate (P-5-P) Monohydrate] 33 mg
Magnesium (from Magnesium Bisglycinate) (TRAACS®) 25 mg

Last edited:

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don’t people use azelaic acid if the study showed both zinc and azelaic acid were effective ilbeit through different mechanisms though.

anyways this is probably why zinc works

Attachments

• 30834DB0-29B8-4000-A5F0-35250D3D661B.png
    30834DB0-29B8-4000-A5F0-35250D3D661B.png
    234.1 KB · Views: 220

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don’t people use azelaic acid if the study showed both zinc and azelaic acid were effective ilbeit through different mechanisms though.

anyways this is probably why zinc works

Agreed. Everyone uses zix but I don’t understand why they don’t use zix + azelaic acid as THIS combo has been shown to have a synergistic effect and be most effective by far. Starting a few weeks ago I am using this combo combined with daily needling .75mm. No sides.

“Vitamin B6 potentiated the inhibitory effect of zinc, but not of azelaic acid, suggesting that two different mechanisms are involved. When the three substances were added together at very low concentrations which had been shown to be ineffective alone, 90% inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity was obtained. If this inhibition is confirmed in vivo, zinc sulphate combined with azelaic acid could be an effective agent in the treatment of androgen related pathology of human skin.“

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/3207614/

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just realized that the well known "Ray Peat" was already talking about zinc sulphate and b6 like a decade ago. But he had completely different doses.

I remember him suggesting small doses of zinc sulphate & b6, but with 2 other ingredients; aspirin and coffee. The idea is that the balding skin has gone out of redox balance, and the uncoupling effect of aspirin and coffee would generate CO2 in the skin and restore the balance.

Steven young

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just realized that the well known "Ray Peat" was already talking about zinc sulphate and b6 like a decade ago. But he had completely different doses.

I remember him suggesting small doses of zinc sulphate & b6, but with 2 other ingredients; aspirin and coffee. The idea is that the balding skin has gone out of redox balance, and the uncoupling effect of aspirin and coffee would generate CO2 in the skin and restore the balance.
Do you know the doses of aspirin and coffee, I think small doses of zinc sulfate is reasonable.When I use 660mg of zinc sulfate,I Feel a little dizzy and muscular soreness and tired,it seems like the shymptom excessive zinc.

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, the research shows that the superfluous znic will do harm to the body and cause many healthy problems. Will the body absorb the zinc in the zix? How much zix should we use per day ? Thanks

theotherusero

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I am interested in starting using zyx, I have read the thread but I want to be sure I have got it right.
Use about 1-2 mls twice a day, so 60ml-120mls/month.
Ingredients for 60ml:
- 15 mls ethyl alcohol 70% (isopropyl is not good, denatured is ok)
- 660 mgs of zinc sulfate
- 150 mgs of b6 p5p
- 45 mls distilled water (not filtered or ionized or any of that)
Preparation:
- If not a powder, crush zinc and b6.
- Dissolve the crushed sediment in alcohol for a few hours
- Add distilled water
A couple of questions:
- How long can I wait before washing my hair?
- If I want to use other serum like the ordinary multi peptide serum, how long should I wait between applying the two?
Also I think it is very interesting that @Ezekiel2019 is applying 120ml per week + dermarolling and he is having very good results.

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know the doses of aspirin and coffee, I think small doses of zinc sulfate is reasonable.When I use 660mg of zinc sulfate,I Feel a little dizzy and muscular soreness and tired,it seems like the shymptom excessive zinc.
This could very well be reasonable, unfortunately people would have to experiment to see if it works. On the other hand we know 660 mg works

It sucks how hair loss is still super experimental lol

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I am interested in starting using zyx, I have read the thread but I want to be sure I have got it right.
Use about 1-2 mls twice a day, so 60ml-120mls/month.
Ingredients for 60ml:
- 15 mls ethyl alcohol 70% (isopropyl is not good, denatured is ok)
- 660 mgs of zinc sulfate
- 150 mgs of b6 p5p
- 45 mls distilled water (not filtered or ionized or any of that)
Preparation:
- If not a powder, crush zinc and b6.
- Dissolve the crushed sediment in alcohol for a few hours
- Add distilled water
A couple of questions:
- How long can I wait before washing my hair?
- If I want to use other serum like the ordinary multi peptide serum, how long should I wait between applying the two?
Also I think it is very interesting that @Ezekiel2019 is applying 120ml per week + dermarolling and he is having very good results.

That's the right formula.
I would wait 12hours before adding anything, but I wont add anything extra imo. Except maybe minoxidil.

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the right formula.
I would wait 12hours before adding anything, but I wont add anything extra imo. Except maybe minoxidil.
As in add the zinc and b6 with the ethyl alcohol for 12 hours and then add the distilled water ?

jonmayhew

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm - is it possible to use Stemoxydine instead of ethyl alcohol for Zix? I have a bottle of Redken Cerafill Stemoxydine unopened as a potential growth stimulant, so I figure 2 birds 1 stone right? Or is this not possible?

Also, thanks for your initial OP - lots of negative people on these boards so I just wanted to say thank you

Attachments

• stemoxydine.jpg
    stemoxydine.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 158

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm - is it possible to use Stemoxydine instead of ethyl alcohol for Zix? I have a bottle of Redken Cerafill Stemoxydine unopened as a potential growth stimulant, so I figure 2 birds 1 stone right? Or is this not possible?

Also, thanks for your initial OP - lots of negative people on these boards so I just wanted to say thank you

I have no idea. All I know that works is my formula for me. You're welcome to try, but you cant call it pure zix and let think zix failed you if it doesnt work. But maybe mixing could be even better for all I know.