My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Rock12

My Regimen
Reaction score
I made a batch and accidentally used 45ml of alcohol and 15ml of water, rather than vice versa. Reckon this will be bad if I continue to use it?
I would recommend against using it, systemic absorption will go through the roof. Having all that zinc dumped into your blood stream is not a good idea.

veneno

My Regimen
Reaction score
My shedding seems to have almost completely stopped for the past week (seemed to stop about 10 days into the treatment). I was shedding hard before.

I have also increased my oral zinc and copper (serum levels were low) and added copper peptides.
can tell me what are taking for the copper peptide

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
@worm Just an FYI. My buddy is back on Zix but is using only zinc and no B6. He says he notices better results without the B6. Go figure. He also does NOT use alcohol, just distilled water and says it works fine.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
My shedding seems to have almost completely stopped for the past week (seemed to stop about 10 days into the treatment). I was shedding hard before.

I have also increased my oral zinc and copper (serum levels were low) and added copper peptides.

That's exactly how it happened for me 10 days and shedding went to next to nothing from 100-150 hairs in the shower alone.

Tell me more about these peptides. how do you take it and how long have you been using zix and then peptide . Would love to hear.

Has anyone tried an even higher concentration of zinc?

I have, there is a sweet spot. I hit mine around 3.5 capsules and then shedding increases. That said I use 3 and that's good enough for me.

@worm Just an FYI. My buddy is back on Zix but is using only zinc and no B6. He says he notices better results without the B6. Go figure. He also does NOT use alcohol, just distilled water and says it works fine.

Hi, thanks for the update. I did that for several months. I think my shedding got better actually. I was sure I was losing less so kept going for about 4 months I think. But what I noticed is my hair was getting thinner even with less shedding, and less dense over that period, so eventually added the b6 back. Things improved, and some density returned.

inmyhead

Reaction score

I just don't see reason why water or simple alcohol would not work. And B6 is 5ar inihibitor, so it should not hurt.

username1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys I’m desperately looking for alcohol and can’t find anything for this application. The ones I found on Amazon are said to be very strong/toxic and the ones sold in stores (i.e Walgreens) have impurities in them, meaning that on the ingredients list there is other stuff beside ethyl alcohol. Could someone please tell me what I should use as ethyl alcohol and where I can buy it? A link would be very appreciated. Thanks!

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
I think @worm uses regular ethyl alcohol you get from the pharmacy, and he's had no issues. I wouldn't worry about the "impurities." It's often used for treating wounds, after all.

Ezekiel65

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post on this forum. i am on zix since 2014, and dermaroller since 2016. Zix completly halted my AAG but i had absolutely zero regrowth with it, i only began having regrowth when i added dermarolling, but still minor regrowth, i think i went from norwood 2 to norwood 1.5 or 1.75

I am on zix but without alcohol and with zinc gluconate instead of zinc sulfate

Sadly zix gives me sexual sides. low sex drive and no morning wood. I know it because when i stop for few days, the sides go away.

It s very annoying, i am waiting for CB in replacement of zix since CB has not sexual sides

Sorry for my english i am french

Ezekiel65

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you get sexual sides when you started dermarolling?

No, when i started zix 5 years ago. I am 29 years old. Started loosing hair at 18. Minoxidil & finasteride from 18 to 24, and switched to zix at 24, could not stand the sides. Minoxidil aged my face like crazy, horrible skin, finasteride literally killed my dick at the end of my journey. I am very happy with zix but i miss the raging sex drive i had. I want to switch to CB but its expensive as f*** actually

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, when i started zix 5 years ago. I am 29 years old. Started loosing hair at 18. Minoxidil & finasteride from 18 to 24, and switched to zix at 24, could not stand the sides. Minoxidil aged my face like crazy, horrible skin, finasteride literally killed my dick at the end of my journey. I am very happy with zix but i miss the raging sex drive i had. I want to switch to CB but its expensive as f*** actually

I should have mentioned this before. Use zinc picolinate. It literally brings me back to being a teenager. I'd suggest 25mgs of it. I was using 50mgs for a decade, but you can always take two capsules if need be. My sex drive is pretty low, that is until I take a capsule of zinc picolinate for a couple day . Buy now brand.

noveau22

My Regimen
Reaction score
interesting. reading this makes me want to try Zix once more without the ethyl alcohol and stop minoxidil. I got bad headaches and sunken eyes from Zix in the past. I remember a user on this thread had the same symptoms and perhaps we both are just too sensitive to something I don't know of.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yo what do yall think of putting all this sh*t in a premade liposomal formula??

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would Zix cause sexual side effects? there was a page here on this thread, i'm not sure which one it was though, that mentioned Zix did not cause any side effects. :(

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would Zix cause sexual side effects? there was a page here on this thread, i'm not sure which one it was though, that mentioned Zix did not cause any side effects. :(

Bruh I think he was saying finasteride gave him permanent sexual sides that still inger to this day; hence he cant f*** like he used to with all that mojo.

I dont think he said Zix gave him sides, but it does what finasteride supposedly does as well, reduce 5AR so that means its doing something... Im thinking putting all the ingredients in a Liposomal Solution... a premade one....