My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Long time reader, but finally decided to join HairLossTalk.com to share my Zix experience thus far. I'm 31, female and male pattern baldness runs in both sides of the family: all men are bald and some female relatives have thinning hair. I have been shedding for 8 years on and off but always regrew most of it. My hair was slowly thinning. My last shed lasted for 8 months and was caused by the Mirena spiral. The progestin in Mirena apparently accelerates Androgenetic Alopecia. In 2018 I've lost about 40% of my hair due to a daily shed of 250+ long and short hairs. I also had an inflammed scalp! In the shower I would feel lumps of hair falling and you could see my hair everywhere. My husband also noticed the part in my hair got a lot wider and my scalp is visible through my hair.

I believe my hair loss is caused by hormones + stress. I do have some regrowth, but if you shed at a much higher rate you get noticable thinning hair. So after trying a few options in the past (Minoxidil, Ramatroban, Rosemary oil, Spironoctolane, Inositol, magnesium + B6) I decided to try the zix experience two weeks ago based on the formula of Worm. In 10 days it reduced my shed from 250+ hairs to 50 hairs, even after brushing my hair in the sink. My scalp feels calm now: no more inflammation!

For now my main goal is to reduce the shedding to a normal rate so I can regrow some and maintain what I have. So @worm, thank you so much for sharing this. In two months I'll update on the progress and in the meanwhile I keep reading what your experiences are.

BR,
MrsS

Just saw your message. Congrats. I'm happy to hear you're seeing results. The way I see it, if you're shedding 200 less hairs a day, then that's 200 more that stay on your head. After 30 days, that's 6000! And three months, 18,000. I'm pretty confident after 2 months you'll have noticeably way more hair.

I seem to have experienced hairloss like you. Inflamed scalp, massive shedding (>200 pday). Zix really made a difference for me.

Are you using the same brands of vitamins as me? How many zinc do u use?

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope I'm a testament to that not being true. Not to mention I havent heard those accounts
Just a few random posts when researching this stuff. But then I forget how often people are hypochondriacs about stuff, especially online

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm how can you cast aspersions on microneedling which has multiple studies supporting it and then turn around and flaunt some topical zinc solution while there are practically zero pics in this thread which goes back to 2016 showing any real progress

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm how can you cast aspersions on microneedling which has multiple studies supporting it and then turn around and flaunt some topical zinc solution while there are practically zero pics in this thread which goes back to 2016 showing any real progress

Been using topical zix for a year, no loss and hair looks healthy. Got complimented last night by my date for my hairstyle.

People need to be realistic, at best this will maintain and not regrow hair

Last edited:

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just saw your message. Congrats. I'm happy to hear you're seeing results. The way I see it, if you're shedding 200 less hairs a day, then that's 200 more that stay on your head. After 30 days, that's 6000! And three months, 18,000. I'm pretty confident after 2 months you'll have noticeably way more hair.

I seem to have experienced hairloss like you. Inflamed scalp, massive shedding (>200 pday). Zix really made a difference for me.

Are you using the same brands of vitamins as me? How many zinc do u use?
Hi worm!

Thanks for replying :) I use other brands as I couldnt order the same as yours (no shipment to The Netherlands).

I took this pic of my part three weeks before I started Zix. I will upload a progress pic in a month (10 weeks progress).
Edit: i added a second pic of my part. That's is where I lost the most density.. i will keep better track with pics though I must say it is quite confronting

Attachments

• IMG_20190119_173226.jpg
    IMG_20190119_173226.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_20190119_173203.jpg
    IMG_20190119_173203.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_20181207_103234.jpg
    IMG_20181207_103234.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_20181029_134330.jpg
    IMG_20181029_134330.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, I am back.
Zix works great, it works, but my hairline is still losing.
Do you have any good way to stop the hairline from going backwards? The current zix seems useless to protect the hairline.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, I am back.
Do you have any good way to stop the hairline from going backwards? The current zix seems useless to protect the hairline.

Sometimes I feel the same until I compare before and after photos

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm!

Thanks for replying :) I use other brands as I couldnt order the same as yours (no shipment to The Netherlands).

I took this pic of my part three weeks before I started Zix. I will upload a progress pic in a month (10 weeks progress).
Edit: i added a second pic of my part. That's is where I lost the most density.. i will keep better track with pics though I must say it is quite confronting

Your individul hair looks thick which is good. I can see how you think you're losing sanity though. Now that your shedding is under control I suspect in 2-3 months you'll be very hot with the results.

Please keep us posted on your progress

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, I am back.

I've been slowly losing my hairline. I'd say I'm losing it about 10x slower than I would otherwise. I would hesitate to call it useless.

Maybe try minoxidil 12 hours after u apply zix.

Zinox

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, a little update, I'm still on the same routine with a slightly change 1ml of minoxidil on morning and another 1ml at night, followed by 3ml of zix before bed. I'm using 1ml more of zix because 2 months ago i started seeing more hairs in shower, but i think i i hasn't done anyhting and well right now I am shedding a little more, maybe 15-20 hairs in shower, I don't know what could be, maybe my poor diet these hollidays. I think I'll return to 2ml zix again.

Hair I gained with monixidil started to fall on front area, i did not lose everything, I'm still having more than before using it, and there are little hairs growing in their place I hope those new hairs can stay for longer periods of time.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, a little update, I'm still on the same routine with a slightly change 1ml of minoxidil on morning and another 1ml at night, followed by 3ml of zix before bed. I'm using 1ml more of zix because 2 months ago i started seeing more hairs in shower, but i think i i hasn't done anyhting and well right now I am shedding a little more, maybe 15-20 hairs in shower, I don't know what could be, maybe my poor diet these hollidays. I think I'll return to 2ml zix again.

Hair I gained with monixidil started to fall on front area, i did not lose everything, I'm still having more than before using it, and there are little hairs growing in their place I hope those new hairs can stay for longer periods of time.

Personally I would spread minoxidil and zix 12 hours apart. 1 dose of minoxidil should be plenty, as I hear minoxidil half life is 22 hours needless to say 20hairs in the shower seems very reasonable. I shed more than that

Zinox

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I would spread minoxidil and zix 12 hours apart. 1 dose of minoxidil should be plenty, as I hear minoxidil half life is 22 hours needless to say 20hairs in the shower seems very reasonable. I shed more than that

Thanks @worm I'll try that routine and keep updating

Asaf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it ok to make your own disstiled water?
and i know its a debate whether you should or shouldnt use minoxi with zix, what do you think about rosmery oil with or without other essential oils?

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can buy the ingredients in the uk?

And how do you apply it? Do you leave it in overnight and wash the next day? Many thanks.