My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Terrell Evans

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what would happen if I mix minoxidil solutions, I use Morr-F 5% with finasteride, but I like Minoxidilmax 10% with azelic acid...just wondering if I could possible mix the two solutions, I’m guessing it would lower the concentration

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm!
Today is Chinese new year. Wish you a Happy New Year!
Zix is so good. Thank you for sharing such a good method.
May I ask that if you will feel tired or easy to sleep after applying the zix? Thanks a lot.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm!
Today is Chinese new year. Wish you a Happy New Year!
Zix is so good. Thank you for sharing such a good method.
May I ask that if you will feel tired or easy to sleep after applying the zix? Thanks a lot.

I havent noticed this.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
How many hairs do you guys shed after using zix?

I went from what I feel like was over 100/150 in the shower to under 15-20. Made a huge difference. I see people using trinov and I wonder how much better is it really than zix....? Maybe not so good, but there is nothing ive read that has convinced me yet.

Steve123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went from what I feel like was over 100/150 in the shower to under 15-20. Made a huge difference. I see people using trinov and I wonder how much better is it really than zix....? Maybe not so good, but there is nothing ive read that has convinced me yet.
Do you have thinning crown area or just receding hairline?

HarryUK

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wanted to post my experiences. Been using Zix for almost two months to combat hair loss in my crown area. I've been losing hair from that area and noticed thinning on my crown since about 9 mths ago, i used to have nice thick hair around there but it's been deteriorating faster than I would like. I did consider finasteride but wasn't keen on the side effects and wanted to explore all other options. Almost 3yrs ago I had a hair transplant to combat my receding hair at my temples with really good results. No hair was transplanted into my crown as it was dense and had no signs of loss.

Unfortunately I've not noticed any improvement with Zix. I followed the instructions as per page 1 with the increased zinc component as suggested, I use the specified tablet brands and I use the correct form of alcohol. I lose around 50 hairs in the shower, and then more during the day as run my hands through my hair etc.

I am using rogaine at night now, and zix in the morning... I've been using this for approximately one month but again no noticeable improvement. I use just one half cap of rogaine foam at night (half daily recommended dose) and apply the zix in the morning by using maybe 5-7 drops on my crown area and lightly massaging it in.

Just my 2c, it seems to work for some and not for others, unfortunately I am not one of those lucky people. I'd love to see real progress pics of people who have had some success, the lack of progress pics put me off trying it for a while if I am honest.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wanted to post my experiences. Been using Zix for almost two months to combat hair loss in my crown area. I've been losing hair from that area and noticed thinning on my crown since about 9 mths ago, i used to have nice thick hair around there but it's been deteriorating faster than I would like. I did consider finasteride but wasn't keen on the side effects and wanted to explore all other options. Almost 3yrs ago I had a hair transplant to combat my receding hair at my temples with really good results. No hair was transplanted into my crown as it was dense and had no signs of loss.

Unfortunately I've not noticed any improvement with Zix. I followed the instructions as per page 1 with the increased zinc component as suggested, I use the specified tablet brands and I use the correct form of alcohol. I lose around 50 hairs in the shower, and then more during the day as run my hands through my hair etc.

I am using rogaine at night now, and zix in the morning... I've been using this for approximately one month but again no noticeable improvement. I use just one half cap of rogaine foam at night (half daily recommended dose) and apply the zix in the morning by using maybe 5-7 drops on my crown area and lightly massaging it in.

Just my 2c, it seems to work for some and not for others, unfortunately I am not one of those lucky people. I'd love to see real progress pics of people who have had some success, the lack of progress pics put me off trying it for a while if I am honest.

Sorry to hear it's not working for you. How much is 5-7 drops? Have you considered spreading it all over your head ? Ot takes 3-6 months before noticing gains with minoxidil.

HarryUK

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, thanks for replying... yeh I am going to persist with the minoxidil for sure to see how it goes. I have heard stories of good growth and then sheds and growth again... with ever diminishing results in the growth cycle. On the zix, i mix 60ml in one batch, and it probably lasts me a tad over two weeks... so works out to 4ml a day or so with those drops. Not sure how that seems in terms of use. I do rub it in a decent patch around the crown but i don't try and apply it to the whole head as its more that area that's the major concern for me.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, thanks for replying... yeh I am going to persist with the minoxidil for sure to see how it goes. I have heard stories of good growth and then sheds and growth again... with ever diminishing results in the growth cycle. On the zix, i mix 60ml in one batch, and it probably lasts me a tad over two weeks... so works out to 4ml a day or so with those drops. Not sure how that seems in terms of use. I do rub it in a decent patch around the crown but i don't try and apply it to the whole head as its more that area that's the major concern for me.

I apply it mainly to the thinning areas however I tend to spread it all over as it's impossible to know where the hair is shedding from. May I suggest the same.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So a quick update. Zix had reduced the shedding, but my hair is still thinning (more shedding than regrowth). Whenever I brush my Hair I lose about 50 hairs (big improvement). At the moment I lose 100-150 hairs extra in the shower (small improvement) I do see lots of new hair coming, so Zix is definetly working.

I believe i have something else going on. At some point the shedding has to stop right? I feel like the hairloss peaks after ovulating. My doctor doesn't want to prescribe progesterone of estradiol creme to an otherwise healthy female. And for some reason the doctors are not tot keen on doing bloodwork to see my hormones ratio, since I am "healthy". Frustrating.

Sam1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So a quick update. Zix had reduced the shedding, but my hair is still thinning (more shedding than regrowth). Whenever I brush my Hair I lose about 50 hairs (big improvement). At the moment I lose 100-150 hairs extra in the shower (small improvement) I do see lots of new hair coming, so Zix is definetly working.

I believe i have something else going on. At some point the shedding has to stop right? I feel like the hairloss peaks after ovulating. My doctor doesn't want to prescribe progesterone of estradiol creme to an otherwise healthy female. And for some reason the doctors are not tot keen on doing bloodwork to see my hormones ratio, since I am "healthy". Frustrating.
How long have you been using Zix?

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been using Zix?
Since January 2nd 2019, entering week 7. I respond quite well, I came from 250+ hairs daily shed. I am happy on the days I brush my Hair, not when I shower. I feel 100 - 150 hairs lost per washing is still too much.

Sam1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since January 2nd 2019, entering week 7. I respond quite well, I came from 250+ hairs daily shed. I am happy on the days I brush my Hair, not when I shower. I feel 100 - 150 hairs lost per washing is still too much.
That’s great I want to start as well, problem is in Canada I cannot get Ethyl alcohol. I may need to use vodka at 40%. Please continue to keep us posted. What brand of Zinc and vitamins did you use?

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s great I want to start as well, problem is in Canada I cannot get Ethyl alcohol. I may need to use vodka at 40%. Please continue to keep us posted. What brand of Zinc and vitamins did you use?
Yes, do start! Zix has made a major difference. I use AOV P5F b6 20 mg and Health Aid Zinc sulphate 200 mg. I also use vodka instead of ethyl alcohol. I find vodka soothing for my scalp. Hope it will help you too!

I wish I could add something to help further reduce the hairloss. I have cycles since starting Zix and the hair loss seems to increase after ovulating. Maybe try needling or sandalore?