My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Sam1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes my shedding varies throughout my cycle too worse at times but I’m currently shedding a lot less but I think it’s seasonal, better in the winter. My shedding picks up by summer and gets really bad in the fall. I was thinking of starting Sandalore too but want to do one thing a time, so I’m trying Zix first. Thanks for the information!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, do start! Zix has made a major difference. I use AOV P5F b6 20 mg and Health Aid Zinc sulphate 200 mg. I also use vodka instead of ethyl alcohol. I find vodka soothing for my scalp. Hope it will help you too!

I wish I could add something to help further reduce the hairloss. I have cycles since starting Zix and the hair loss seems to increase after ovulating. Maybe try needling or sandalore?

If I may suggest using pluspharma zinc and ecological formulas b6 p5p if you live in the states. If you dont, pure encapsulations is a better brand. You can find ethyl alcohol on ebay, it's reasonably priced. you may have better results with this.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I may suggest using pluspharma zinc and ecological formulas b6 p5p if you live in the states. If you dont, pure encapsulations is a better brand. You can find ethyl alcohol on ebay, it's reasonably priced. you may have better results with this.

Does it matter how pure the ethyl alcohol is? And Isopropanol alcohol is not good right?

Last edited:

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it's best to spread them 12 hours apart imo. You only need minoxidil once a day anyways with it's 12 hour half life.
Hey @worm gonna start this. I have been needling and was wondering if that extra absorption could be a bad thing as far as sides with zix

Sam1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes just look up @MrsS she posted some very good comments just a few weeks ago. what is your situation though? I recommend this for shedding and itchy inflamed scalp.
My shedding seems to have slowed down likely because it’s winter and will pick up when the weather warms up, it’s a pattern I’ve noticed in the last couple of years. No itchiness or inflamed scalp I just get this funny tingly feeling on my scalp that come and goes. I can’t use minoxidil due to sides so thought I would try this, there are not a lot of options for women right now and Brotzu does not look promising. People are reporting increased shedding- don’t want that. Cross my fingers this works!

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm glad your shedding slows down in winter. Mine didn't untill I started to use Zix

Netanel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow what a great information we have here!
If I’m using minoxidil 2 years already and im gonna to increase to 15% minoxidil, can I add to this zinc and b6? Im also using nizoral shampoo twice a week and biotin shampoo for daily using.
Can i keep using this ans add the zinc and b6?

And other question : how I make the formula? I need to mix everything together to liquid or just mix the ethyl alcohol 70 with distilled water and the zinx and b6 to take as a pill?

Last edited:

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My shedding seems to have slowed down likely because it’s winter and will pick up when the weather warms up, it’s a pattern I’ve noticed in the last couple of years. No itchiness or inflamed scalp I just get this funny tingly feeling on my scalp that come and goes. I can’t use minoxidil due to sides so thought I would try this, there are not a lot of options for women right now and Brotzu does not look promising. People are reporting increased shedding- don’t want that. Cross my fingers this works!

Hi Sam1,

I agree about the brotzu part. A frien

IT was difficult, but I found suppliers who ship to the Netherlands!

I think I found the cause of the slowed progress in shedding. Turns out I have an infection, bloodwork showed inflammation (thought I was just feeling bad because of flu season). So I picked up meds and hope to further decrease shedding in a few weeks from now.

In 5 weeks I hit the 3 month mark, will report back with an update.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow what a great information we have here!
If I’m using minoxidil 2 years already and im gonna to increase to 15% minoxidil, can I add to this zinc and b6? Im also using nizoral shampoo twice a week and biotin shampoo for daily using.
Can i keep using this ans add the zinc and b6?

And other question : how I make the formula? I need to mix everything together to liquid or just mix the ethyl alcohol 70 with distilled water and the zinx and b6 to take as a pill?

Simply read the 1st page for instructions. Every page someone asks about minoxidil - do not mix the two. I would apply seperately 12 hours apart. you only need to apply minoxidil once daily as there it's half life is 22hours.

On a side note - 15% minoxidil sounds high. I am not your doctor, but do bear in mind this can affect your heart, I would hesitate to exceed the recommended dose. I tinkered around with minoxidil and had huge results about 13 years ago, but in the end I ended up potentially harming my health. My point is, be careful. That said zix in the morning and 5% minoxidil at night could get you some good results.

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
"On the scalp, the hair appears to be impacted prior to emergence, and oxidative stress appears to play a role in premature hair loss. The scalp commensal organism, Malassezia, has been recognized to be a source of oxidative damage. Therefore, hair care products, specifically shampoos, with active Malassezia inhibitory agents, such as zinc pyrithione, tend to reduce premature hair loss, besides the known benefits in treating specific dermatologic scalp pathologies, and therefore should represent an integral part of every treatment regimen for hair loss, even in individuals not showing symptoms of scalp pathologies."

http://www.ijtrichology.com/article...e=10;issue=6;spage=262;epage=270;aulast=Trueb

Netanel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Simply read the 1st page for instructions. Every page someone asks about minoxidil - do not mix the two. I would apply seperately 12 hours apart. you only need to apply minoxidil once daily as there it's half life is 22hours.

On a side note - 15% minoxidil sounds high. I am not your doctor, but do bear in mind this can affect your heart, I would hesitate to exceed the recommended dose. I tinkered around with minoxidil and had huge results about 13 years ago, but in the end I ended up potentially harming my health. My point is, be careful. That said zix in the morning and 5% minoxidil at night could get you some good results.
Thanks for responding my message.
I have read alot of good reviews about minoxidil 15%, So I have thought to give it a try, I can start with 0.5 ml per day for the start.
I didnt understand the formula yet.. do I mix everything together to make it liquid?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm will zix give any regrowth at all? Can it be used along side of sandalore?

I think you'll experience a density and hair quality improvement, as the hairs you dont shed will remain on your head and improve in quality. Say you lose 50 hairs less per day, that translated into 1500 more hairs on your head after a month, and 5000 or so after 3 months. 5000 hairs will make a big cosmetic difference. And six will help you maintain your hair.

I am doubtful you'll see regrowth as such though. I suspect using minoxidil 1x per day and zix 1x spread 12 hours apart will help you achieve regrowth and maintenance.

maxoar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Worm. I would like the first and foremost thank you for sharing this. I am interested in making a zix solution however I live in Australia and I'm not sure what products to buy and what quantities to mix (there are so many variations of recipes haha). I'd appreciate if you could point me to the right direction. Thanks.

Sam1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does zix increase the zinc levels in your body? If so won’t this increase testosterone levels thus making hairloss worse?