My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi @worm , I just wonder if your scalp turn into normal scalp that does not have any red areas or it just does not itch anymore? I used zix for two days and every time I apply it there will be some yellow sediments (which i think is B6 left )on my scalp. I dont know if it is ok to leave those sediments on my scalp or I need to do something to get rid of the sediments.

Yes the itch goes away and so does the redness. I have sediment which gets left there, I brush it out but for the rest of it I have long hair and it doesnt really show.

Bmc311

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post been lurking for awhile. I've read thru pretty much this whole thread without seeing anything about any growth stimulators to use with or after applying zix besides minoxidil. Is there anything else besides minoxidil that anyone could suggest maybe something more natural like zix?? Minoxidil did nothing for me besides age my face about 10 years plus I'm not big on putting chemicals on my head..however unless it would sprout hair like a chia pet then of course I may have to reconsider.

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post been lurking for awhile. I've read thru pretty much this whole thread without seeing anything about any growth stimulators to use with or after applying zix besides minoxidil. Is there anything else besides minoxidil that anyone could suggest maybe something more natural like zix?? Minoxidil did nothing for me besides age my face about 10 years plus I'm not big on putting chemicals on my head..however unless it would sprout hair like a chia pet then of course I may have to reconsider.

Ive been considering adding minoxidil myself, but reluctant due to the circles I believe I get....

cbddreams

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked, but this thread is huge and I didn't see anything.

Would it also work if I add zinc sulfate + b6 into either Minoxidal or Stemox?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked, but this thread is huge and I didn't see anything.

Would it also work if I add zinc sulfate + b6 into either Minoxidal or Stemox?

Use them separately. Zix in morning minoxidil st night. I know nothing of stemox

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is too much zinc something that can cause more problems later? I was trying the formulation in the original posts with 3 capsules, and now reading in places that too much zinc can cause scalp irritation. As far as my scalp goes, my hair without using it gets really oily in a day's time, so I wonder if the extra zinc would be helpful

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is too much zinc something that can cause more problems later? I was trying the formulation in the original posts with 3 capsules, and now reading in places that too much zinc can cause scalp irritation. As far as my scalp goes, my hair without using it gets really oily in a day's time, so I wonder if the extra zinc would be helpful

Try three zinc and see how it goes. My gets reallllĺyyyy oily too. Doesnt last a day before becoming a great ball. That said after 15 years of washing daily I finally started using conditioner, it seems to help some.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try three zinc and see how it goes. My gets reallllĺyyyy oily too. Doesnt last a day before becoming a great ball. That said after 15 years of washing daily I finally started using conditioner, it seems to help some.
Yeah, I have to wash daily, especially with fine, straight hair. I was just reading that this stuff worked and then later people were having adverse reactions and losing ground because of too much zinc. I certainly don't want to make things worse

Steve123

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm Hi worm, I have a short question.
Do you just open every capsule in 3 bottles of zinc sulfate and pour the powders into the ethyl alcohol to make zinx?

Steve123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not sure if it is 3 bottles of 220mg zinc which in total is 660 mg of zinc in zix or just 3 pills of zinc.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Long time reader, but finally decided to join HairLossTalk.com to share my Zix experience thus far. I'm 31, female and male pattern baldness runs in both sides of the family: all men are bald and some female relatives have thinning hair. I have been shedding for 8 years on and off but always regrew most of it. My hair was slowly thinning. My last shed lasted for 8 months and was caused by the Mirena spiral. The progestin in Mirena apparently accelerates Androgenetic Alopecia. In 2018 I've lost about 40% of my hair due to a daily shed of 250+ long and short hairs. I also had an inflammed scalp! In the shower I would feel lumps of hair falling and you could see my hair everywhere. My husband also noticed the part in my hair got a lot wider and my scalp is visible through my hair.

I believe my hair loss is caused by hormones + stress. I do have some regrowth, but if you shed at a much higher rate you get noticable thinning hair. So after trying a few options in the past (Minoxidil, Ramatroban, Rosemary oil, Spironoctolane, Inositol, magnesium + B6) I decided to try the zix experience two weeks ago based on the formula of Worm. In 10 days it reduced my shed from 250+ hairs to 50 hairs, even after brushing my hair in the sink. My scalp feels calm now: no more inflammation!

For now my main goal is to reduce the shedding to a normal rate so I can regrow some and maintain what I have. So @worm, thank you so much for sharing this. In two months I'll update on the progress and in the meanwhile I keep reading what your experiences are.

BR,
MrsS

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not sure if it is 3 bottles of 220mg zinc which in total is 660 mg of zinc in zix or just 3 pills of zinc.
No, it's 3 pills. 3 bottles would be ludicrous lol

Edit: NM, I think you meant capsules of zinc(maybe?)

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I have to wash daily, especially with fine, straight hair. I was just reading that this stuff worked and then later people were having adverse reactions and losing ground because of too much zinc. I certainly don't want to make things worse

I hope I'm a testament to that not being true. Not to mention I havent heard those accounts