My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, I am back.
At the beginning, my zix contained 500 mg of zinc sulphate, 100 mg of vitamin B6, 15 ml of ethanol and 40 ml of distilled water. After 20 days of invalidation, I increased the concentration of zinc sulfate. I tried a new formula that contained 660 mg of zinc sulfate, 15 ml of ethanol and 100 mg of vitamin B6. As a result, on the third day of the new formula, the zix worked very well. However, after 15 days later, the zix can not works well. It seems that the zix can not works as good as before. What should I do ?

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The new recipe worked great in the first 15 days, but it has recently failed. My hair loss has started to intensify again.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, I am back.
At the beginning, my zix contained 500 mg of zinc sulphate, 100 mg of vitamin B6, 15 ml of ethanol and 40 ml of distilled water. After 20 days of invalidation, I increased the concentration of zinc sulfate. I tried a new formula that contained 660 mg of zinc sulfate, 15 ml of ethanol and 100 mg of vitamin B6. As a result, on the third day of the new formula, the zix worked very well. However, after 15 days later, the zix can not works well. It seems that the zix can not works as good as before. What should I do ?

I would scale up the B6 to 150mgs - if you have 100mg capsules, simply add a half capsule. See how that works.

Also, is this the same bottle you are using?

It could be that you need to make a new bottle every 2 weeks. I usually go through a bottle in 2 weeks. one person claimed he needed to make a new bottle every week as it expired after that.....

Bertolinho

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Worn, I've recently discovered zinc.
I have itchy, red(in some areas) scalp and lots of hair is falling out for about a year. I've been to some dermatologists, most of them told me it's seborrheic dermatitis(not certain) + folliculitis(had some red bumps). After some treatments it seems like the folliculitis is gone(no red bumps, less itching). But even tho I've tried like 30 different shamposs/lotions for seborrheic dermatitis it's still itching and my hair is falling out, also since like 5/6 months I started to lose my eyebrows as well. I'm a bit scarred and desperate now as my thinning is quite visible right now and want to try the zix method. I've read like first three pages here, but maybe you have changed the formula or you have a better idea for my problem. I'm only using minoxidil for my beard atm. Could you give me your current formula you are using and maybe some tips(if you have any) about my specific problem.

Thanks alot!

PS. There is no dandruff, just oily, itchy, redish scalp and the hairloss(which has gotten worse over the last 3 months). I live in Europe if that changes anything.

Last edited:

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never heard of this stuff before. Is there any reason to use if already on finasteride? Its effects seem to have faded over the many years I've used

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
@worm I saw my buddy over the holidays. He stopped using Zix and now just uses minoxidil. Says he noticed no difference this time. Hair still looks good :oops:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm I saw my buddy over the holidays. He stopped using Zix and now just uses minoxidil. Says he noticed no difference this time. Hair still looks good :oops:

Interesting, how long has he been off zix?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Worn, I've recently discovered zinc.
I have itchy, red(in some areas) scalp and lots of hair is falling out for about a year. I've been to some dermatologists, most of them told me it's seborrheic dermatitis(not certain) + folliculitis(had some red bumps). After some treatments it seems like the folliculitis is gone(no red bumps, less itching). But even tho I've tried like 30 different shamposs/lotions for seborrheic dermatitis it's still itching and my hair is falling out, also since like 5/6 months I started to lose my eyebrows as well. I'm a bit scarred and desperate now as my thinning is quite visible right now and want to try the zix method. I've read like first three pages here, but maybe you have changed the formula or you have a better idea for my problem. I'm only using minoxidil for my beard atm. Could you give me your current formula you are using and maybe some tips(if you have any) about my specific problem.

Thanks alot!

PS. There is no dandruff, just oily, itchy, redish scalp and the hairloss(which has gotten worse over the last 3 months). I live in Europe if that changes anything.

Sounds like my experience. Read my experience on the 1st page.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
A while. He said he might start it again, but thinks minoxidil is doing just as well on its own.

I remember in the past you said he would say that he'd stop zix and after a few months he'd realize his hair would be getting worse, so he'd start up again.

Anyhow, of minoxidil alone works for him, the that's great.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I seem to think that after 10 days or so zix seems to lose its effectiveness. I have noticed I shed more, I never really noticed why, but i suspect that could be a reason. I'm not sure why vitamins in water could lose their potency, but I guess maybe they do. Im going to try to be more diligent about re mixing my zix at least every two weeks.

Last edited:

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
I remember in the past you said he would say that he'd stop zix and after a few months he'd realize his hair would be getting worse, so he'd start up again.

Anyhow, of minoxidil alone works for him, the that's great.

That's true. It will be interesting to see if that happens again. FYI, another thing he said he didn't like was the yellow staining on his scalp and hair. Shame there isn't a clear p-5-p.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's true. It will be interesting to see if that happens again. FYI, another thing he said he didn't like was the yellow staining on his scalp and hair. Shame there isn't a clear p-5-p.

With the crap im seeing on Brotzu's thread, Im tempted to jump on minoxidil... apply in the evening, and zix in the morning.

K505

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does oral zinc decrease dht?
I done some reading and it seems its the opposite.

Just wondering now.

Steve123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi @worm , I just wonder if your scalp turn into normal scalp that does not have any red areas or it just does not itch anymore? I used zix for two days and every time I apply it there will be some yellow sediments (which i think is B6 left )on my scalp. I dont know if it is ok to leave those sediments on my scalp or I need to do something to get rid of the sediments.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone considered having a pharmacist compound zinc and b6 into another vehicle? It makes me wonder if there are technologies that would be superior or more beneficial than alcohol / ph etc. Just a thought because I recently spoke to a pharmacist about this and it seems they routinely compound vitamins.