My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Might just take some light zix in the morning, then only dermaroll at night. I'll add a oil at night like olive oil, maybe that'll help.
I could be delusional by my temple vellus look longer

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I think dermarolling actually makes the situation worse. What I was reading online it causes too much zinc, plus I've been using twice a day.
I don't know if you use twice a day @worm? Questioning if this is the right treament for me, I dont have an inflamed scalp or shed, just dht hairloss

I only apply it once daily.

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone notice zix cuasing dark circles under eyes. I am starting to notice that under my left eye. NEVER NOTICED THIS BEFORE NO MATTER HOW HYDRATED OR DRY MY SKIN WAS SO IT IS NOT A MOISTURIZATION ISSUE

Mattias

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used Zix (worms original formula) for two weeks now applying two times a day and all i can say is wow.
It has halted my hairloss fast and quite dramatically. I'm losing almost zero hairs when I shower and 1-5 hairs when I'm doing my hair using hard wax. Almost no hairs in the shower drain and maybe 1-2 hairs fall out when I apply Zix and rubbing it in with fingers. My hair feels thick and hard as f*ck . This is exactly what I've been looking for, to maintain without putting in sh*t in my body.

Side effects: minor headaches some time after I apply it and somewhat darker under my eyes. Nothing that bothers me though.

Shout out to @worm for all the help. Appreciate it!

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used Zix (worms original formula) for two weeks now applying two times a day and all i can say is wow.
It has halted my hairloss fast and quite dramatically. I'm losing almost zero hairs when I shower and 1-5 hairs when I'm doing my hair using hard wax. Almost no hairs in the shower drain and maybe 1-2 hairs fall out when I apply Zix and rubbing it in with fingers. My hair feels thick and hard as f*ck . This is exactly what I've been looking for, to maintain without putting in sh*t in my body.

Side effects: minor headaches some time after I apply it and somewhat darker under my eyes. Nothing that bothers me though.

Shout out to @worm for all the help. Appreciate it!

That's great man. I'm using a concentration roughly half as strong as worms.

Though I have noticed stronger hair and a bit less shedding. I also have noticed darkness under my eyes which is unwelcome.

Would you say that the darkness you've gotten under your eyes may be due to the idea that perhaps your dht is being arrested not only topically, but systemically even? Thus causing a similar reaction to those who use propecia and get dark under eyes due to systemic lower dht causing such a thing?

Or would you say perhaps it could be due to directly inhibiting dht near the eyes due to zix residue dripping down onto the face or even minor amounts on your fingers after application eventually getting to the skin around your eye due to not washing your hands after usage?

The darkness under my eyes from this is pretty noticeable already so I have halted zix usage for now

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's great man. I'm using a concentration roughly half as strong as worms.

Though I have noticed stronger hair and a bit less shedding. I also have noticed darkness under my eyes which is unwelcome.

Would you say that the darkness you've gotten under your eyes may be due to the idea that perhaps your dht is being arrested not only topically, but systemically even? Thus causing a similar reaction to those who use propecia and get dark under eyes due to systemic lower dht causing such a thing?

Or would you say perhaps it could be due to directly inhibiting dht near the eyes due to zix residue dripping down onto the face or even minor amounts on your fingers after application eventually getting to the skin around your eye due to not washing your hands after usage?

The darkness under my eyes from this is pretty noticeable already so I have halted zix usage for now

Minoxidil gave me eye bags. Zix hasn't had any sides for me, and you two are the first people I've heard from about possible sides. Possible nocebo, perhaps?

Terrell Evans

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Freedome are you noticing Dark circles from Zix or @worm ? I’ve been using the new formula with B6. I don’t rub it in, mainly just drop and spread in the area I need and let dry. I’m only a week in, so i’ll Keep you updated

Mattias

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil gave me eye bags. Zix hasn't had any sides for me, and you two are the first people I've heard from about possible sides. Possible nocebo, perhaps?

The headache is definitely there. Dark circles I'm not 100% sure about. Can be stress and loss of sleep as well. I just noticed it and thought it might be the Zix causing it. It does drop down my face sense I always forgetting to tilt my head when I apply it

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got dark circles using minoxidil. I also have a bit of congestion induced sleep apnea for,the past 20 years, which I've only remedied recently at the age of 39. So my circles have only improved to the point where I find they look better than ever.

I can't say if the zix has caused circles, but I suspect not .

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was originally using the non alcohol version, but changed it to use alcohol instead.

Felt like I was putting water on my head

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So whats the consensus on using this with min? I apply min at night and I don't really like having topicals in my hair during the day because it makes my diffuse thinning look worse. Can I apply min at night, wait like an hour, and then apply this? Or will I have to apply this during the day with min application at night? Also @worm how is the new B6 tabs working? Have you noticed a reduction in shedding?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
So whats the consensus on using this with min? I apply min at night and I don't really like having topicals in my hair during the day because it makes my diffuse thinning look worse. Can I apply min at night, wait like an hour, and then apply this? Or will I have to apply this during the day with min application at night? Also @worm how is the new B6 tabs working? Have you noticed a reduction in shedding?

With the new b6 I think my hair has reduced shedding by about 30% - @Freedome and @Mattias seem to be experiencing great benefits as well.

If you shower in the morning I would apply zix in the morning after your shower - you'll see great styling and thickening effects, and use minoxidil at night. @JWM2 has reported his friend gets great results using both.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With the new b6 I think my hair has reduced shedding by about 30% - @Freedome and @Mattias seem to be experiencing great benefits as well.

If you shower in the morning I would apply zix in the morning after your shower - you'll see great styling and thickening effects, and use minoxidil at night. @JWM2 has reported his friend gets great results using both.

you are not using the same B6 anymore ?

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks for the advice. With the uncertainty of Brotzu I do want to get off finasteride since I've been having great results in terms of my hair but the sides have just been too much. I'm just scared of losing my gains by getting off finasteride and switching to zix. Not sure how strong zix will be compared to finasteride. I'm thinking of maybe adding topical cetirizine to my routine as well and hoping that zix+cetirizine+min+dermarolling can hold onto my gains until something else comes out

Also I blowdry my hair in the morning. Would blowdrying have any effect on the zix? Or should I blowdry first and then apply the zix into my hair?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. With the uncertainty of Brotzu I do want to get off finasteride since I've been having great results in terms of my hair but the sides have just been too much. I'm just scared of losing my gains by getting off finasteride and switching to zix. Not sure how strong zix will be compared to finasteride. I'm thinking of maybe adding topical cetirizine to my routine as well and hoping that zix+cetirizine+min+dermarolling can hold onto my gains until something else comes out

Also I blowdry my hair in the morning. Would blowdrying have any effect on the zix? Or should I blowdry first and then apply the zix into my hair?

I would blow dry first, then apply zix

I quit finasteride after 7.5 years, was totally done with the sides, and was losing hundreds of hairs in the shower - Zix basically grinded that sh*t to the slightest leak possible.

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would blow dry first, then apply zix

I quit finasteride after 7.5 years, was totally done with the sides, and was losing hundreds of hairs in the shower - Zix basically grinded that sh*t to the slightest leak possible.

I guess its worth a shot then. Final question is Smart water considered distilled water? Or would it not work since they add electrolytes?