My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

AimBotQ

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I'm tempted but am reluctant to mess with what's working. I'd love a boost (which would bring a bit more density) , but not sure if it's worth the risk.
come on worm i wanna see your hair

AimBotQ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Chill. I've posted pics throughout the thread. Haven't taken a shower yet.
lol i didnt know l, i just saw it though yr hair is cool i liked how u maintained it do u think 3 zinc capsules in 60ml distilled water should maintain healthy hair atleast not recede like crazy.. im still waiting my zinc sulfate from amazon i seareched everywhere in my country there is no zinc sulfate

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol i didnt know l, i just saw it though yr hair is cool i liked how u maintained it do u think 3 zinc capsules in 60ml distilled water should maintain healthy hair atleast not recede like crazy.. im still waiting my zinc sulfate from amazon i seareched everywhere in my country there is no zinc sulfate

Where are you from?

hairsafelife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey worm, thanks for all your help. I was thinking of trying out zix. Is it possible to use it with s5 cream? Could I use the cream, wait "x" amount of time, and apply zix? OR, use s5 cream in the morning and zix at night?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
come on worm i wanna see your hair

Here are some pics. A couple wet and from the side as requested by @farisayeh . I've receded for sure in the past 13+ years, at least an inch. I'm sure I'd be pretty much bald at my age.

20180106_201212.jpg 20180106_171438.jpg 20180106_171417.jpg

Last edited:

Mook

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are some pics. A couple wet and from the side as requested by @farisayeh . I've receded for sure in the past 13+ years, at least an inch. I'm sure I'd be pretty much bald at my age.

View attachment 75627 View attachment 75628 View attachment 75629

Worm, Have you ever considered a transplant? looks like you'd get real good results from a couple thousand grafts on the hairline. Not that you really need it since your hair looks pretty good as it is, but you'd have some seriously good hair with a filled in hairline.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm, Have you ever considered a transplant? looks like you'd get real good results from a couple thousand grafts on the hairline. Not that you really need it since your hair looks pretty good as it is, but you'd have some seriously good hair with a filled in hairline.

Well money is a factor at this point, and quite honestly I care about my hair but not enough to do something about it. Maybe in 5 years, I suspect these procedures will me more affordable and the quality will be much better. Otherwise I'm afraid that if I get some work done the hair behind it will continue to thin.

How much do transplants cost anyways?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dang man hair looking gold for an old man lol

Thanks there is thinning at the crown too, not enough to see a spot but enough so that I've caught people looking. So it looks better than it is. Especially if my hair gets messy.

Last edited:

farisayeh

Reaction score

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
dang man.look like you have same with me or maybe better .. i am microdosing finasteride for now..this make me want to stop finasteride and do the same regiment like you...

Well there is nothing wrong with doing both. I wish I had known about zix, and now my zinc before I stopped finasteride. I think it was close to 1-1.5 years before I discovered zix. I wonder how I would have done on both. You could try both, and ween yourself of finasteride eventually, all going well.

How is the microdosing going?

INT

Reaction score
By the way worm, if I remember correctly you were considering trying minoxidil again right?

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well money is a factor at this point, and quite honestly I care about my hair but not enough to do something about it. Maybe in 5 years, I suspect these procedures will me more affordable and the quality will be much better. Otherwise I'm afraid that if I get some work done the hair behind it will continue to thin.

How much do transplants cost anyways?
If you go to a really good surgeon like Edrogan from Turkey, he can turn a Norwood 3 into a 1 for like 13,000. All that includes the flight and hotel I believe.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way worm, if I remember correctly you were considering trying minoxidil again right?

Yes, but I'm doing quite well on zinc alone, so I've postponed that option for the time being.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update btw -

I've scaled back to 3.5 zinc capsules after I seemed to be shedding more with 5. I've noticed less hairs in the shower again, and I'm not noticing hair at my desk and other places any longer. So think I've stabilized again.

On the shampoo front, I'm only washing every other day to reduce the greasiness of excess sebum production. One thing I've also realized is I normally leave my shampoo in for at least 5-10 mins. I don't do this anymore because I think it may be drying my scalp excessively and contributing to the problem. My hair seems less greasy after a week or so of doing this, but it still doesn't look ideal during the off days. Anyhow, will stay the course. Goal is to reduce my sebum production, who knows this may help with hairloss as well.

Paul Ford

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm,

I have been following this forum since around April 2017.. just never got around to making an account.

Can you explain the formula one more time (amazon links if possible) as well as how to apply? I saw you state to use 4 220mg of Zinc and mix with 2 ounces of distilled water. From there do you just do 2 drops from the medicine dropper each application? What is the importance of the alcohol (if any) as I would like to keep the formula as simple as possible?

A little info:
I do not notice shedding now, as I have short hair (african american). My method of noticing effectiveness will be if there is further recession of the hairline (so a good update may take me 3 months). I am also not heavily worried about hair as I wouldn't mind shaving (probably due to being african american), so have no plans on trying something riskier like Finasteride. I also plan on applying minoxidil during opposite time of day as the Zinc (since you mentioned that they counteract).

Thanks for the help; I will order the supplies tomorrow.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm,

I have been following this forum since around April 2017.. just never got around to making an account.

Can you explain the formula one more time (amazon links if possible) as well as how to apply? I saw you state to use 4 220mg of Zinc and mix with 2 ounces of distilled water. From there do you just do 2 drops from the medicine dropper each application? What is the importance of the alcohol (if any) as I would like to keep the formula as simple as possible?

A little info:
I do not notice shedding now, as I have short hair (african american). My method of noticing effectiveness will be if there is further recession of the hairline (so a good update may take me 3 months). I am also not heavily worried about hair as I wouldn't mind shaving (probably due to being african american), so have no plans on trying something riskier like Finasteride. I also plan on applying minoxidil during opposite time of day as the Zinc (since you mentioned that they counteract).

Thanks for the help; I will order the supplies tomorrow.

The alcohol helps the zinc absorb into the scalp, my impression is that it's not 100% needed, but may make the solution more effective (needs to be ethyl alcohol) With respect to your hair, how long is it? Also, I can't say my solution has stopped my recession, I've lost about 2/3rds of an inch on my hairline and some density in the past 13 years.

Lastly, you fill a 2ml dropper and apply it to your scalp. If you only have 1ml, the fill it and apply it twice to your scalp. Massage the solution into your scalp.

Cheers.