My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

kamikaze2803

Reaction score
hi sir
my friend , what 's your opinion about this text

Zinc and minoxidil react with eachother effectively cancelling each other out

Well, check out Dr. Lee's site. http://www.minoxidil.com. Since you wash the head and shoulders out, there's no problem...but those that use zinc on their head as suppliments... that's where the problem happens. It reacts with minoxidil creating impenetrable salts rendering topicals ineffective. Just what i read however...might not be 100% accurate.

Hi Test - the cancelling out of zinc and minoxidil is exactly why guys don't add zix ingredients dierectly to their ozbrew (although I know for a fact that a few forum members do :)

The trick is to not combine the 2 products -but apply them separately. This is first-hand experience (not mine) from a guy who's been doing this for awhile.

I'm willing to give it a shot.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Update . . . . . . .

This was the paycheck that I was going to get my alpecin and start on zix - but ended up blowing my wad and doing some one-stop shopping (internals) at vitacost.com (DAMN - forgot the DIM).

Anyway - guess I'll be sticking w/ my caffeineted zix shamoo for awhile longer.

When do I apply minoxidil?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
worm.want to ask..in percentage, how much the different about your hair between when you with finasteride and when you with zix ...?

I would say my hair is about 80-85% as dense after 13years using zix. I've receded about 1cm too.

I am not sure where I would be if I continued finasteride, maybe 95%... So not as effective, but my life is 500% better without sides, so a loss of 15-20% loss of density is nothing to me.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
When do I apply minoxidil?

I would do 1x zix in the morning and 1x minoxidil at night. There was a link I posted from someone using revivogen, he said the company suggested using revivogen daily for one year and scaling back to a couple times per week for maintenance. He also used minoxidil at night. He seemed to have good results, but like 99%, people never update over the long term.

ZZmop

Established Member
Reaction score
Rather than comb through the entirety of this rather lengthy thread, I'll ask up front:

Has anybody from the UK created this mixture, and if so, where did you acquire the individual ingredients? I wouldn't mind giving this a shot but I don't want to go on amazon and order something which is 5% incorrect which completely neautralises the formula.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rather than comb through the entirety of this rather lengthy thread, I'll ask up front:

Has anybody from the UK created this mixture, and if so, where did you acquire the individual ingredients? I wouldn't mind giving this a shot but I don't want to go on amazon and order something which is 5% incorrect which completely neautralises the formula.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005L88C0G/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003TVEZ1C?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E4MJYYS/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Appreciate the post Jonny but unfortunately, these are American sellers who do not ship to the UK.

I've searched Amazon UK for the closest products to those. These are what I found:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Isopropyl-Rubbing-Alcohol-First-Septic/dp/B00FQLUHSI/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1512079641&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=Ethyl+Rubbing+Alcohol+70%+First+Aid+Antiseptic,+16+fl+oz

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pyridoxal-...logical+formulas+-+pyridoxal+5-phosphate+20mg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HealthAid-...8&qid=1512080001&sr=8-1&keywords=Zinc+Sulfate

Would those suffice or would it knock the balance off? The zinc is 20mg lower for instance.

Try eBay, they may have it. I've posted the links a number of times.

farisayeh

Reaction score
thanks worm..finasteride
I would say my hair is about 80-85% as dense after 13years using zix. I've receded about 1cm too.

I am not sure where I would be if I continued finasteride, maybe 95%... So not as effective, but my life is 500% better without sides, so a loss of 15-20% loss of density is nothing to me.

finasteride effect our neurosteroid...neurosteroid play role for as a positive allosteric modulator for gabaA receptor that acts as a anxiolytic,anticonvulsion, antiagressive ,cognitive and memory impairing...
proof2-1-jpg.jpg

Ardarus

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, can I use clear chemical zinc sulfate powder?
And it has to be B6 p5p? it's very difficult to get and it's very expensive compared to normal B6 vit.
Cheers.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sometimes it's easy. ask your local pharmacist... ; )

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, can I use clear chemical zinc sulfate powder?
And it has to be B6 p5p? it's very difficult to get and it's very expensive compared to normal B6 vit.
Cheers.

I'm not sure but it sound like the same. Do not use any other type of b6, only p5p.

Read my next post.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
TRIAL - ZINC ALONE WITH NO B6 P5P
----------

OK guys, I tried zinc alone for 2 weeks, going through a full bottle for my test.

Today I mixed a new bottle with only zinc.

I can't say that it's more effective, but I don't think the b6 is enhancing my results. If it is, I think it's a marginal difference. I'll keep up the experiment for a couple more weeks.

I suppose my advice is, start maybe with only zinc as a topical. See how u respond before trying to add b6. I know @whatevr didn't respond well once he added b6, now that I have tried zinc alone, I feel like he should try just zinc alone again.

Also residing through this thread wondering if @bunchies @Wanheda @zixxiz have any updates?

Last edited:

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
TRIAL - ZINC ALONE WITH NO B6 P5P
----------

OK guys, I tried zinc alone for 2 weeks, going through a full bottle for my test.

Today I mixed a new bottle with only zinc.

I can't say that it's more effective, but I don't think the b6 is enhancing my results. If it is, I think it's a marginal difference. I'll keep up the experiment for a couple more weeks.

I suppose my advice is, start maybe with only zinc as a topical. See how u respond before trying to add b6. I know @whatevr didn't respond well once he added b6, now that I have tried zinc alone, I feel like he should try just zinc alone again.

Also residing through this thread wondering if @bunchies @Wanheda @zixxiz have any updates?
Do you know if zix is soluble in the minoxidil solution from Kirkland?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know if zix is soluble in the minoxidil solution from Kirkland?

do not mix the two, its contra indicated. Apply them at different times of the day, I'd say one at night the other in the morning. That said Ive heard of others using 5 -10 mins apart.

Ardarus

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, i'm buying zinc sulfate powder without B6, gonna try it alone. (I found info that ppl are using it with water as supplement so it's probably safe)
So i'm gonna do zinc at morning and my current regimen at night (castor oil with ethanol), I was using minoxidil for few months but it did not work well and was giving me skin aging sides, castor oil on the other hand make my hair really strong, stopped hair falling and head itching, I'm also seeing a lot of semi-small new fuzz hair on temples and few strong hair coming out and i havn't had any hair for years in temple area. I'm going to add zinc, dermastamp and hope to my regimen.

Thanks for the informations worm :)

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
do not mix the two, its contra indicated. Apply them at different times of the day, I'd say one at night the other in the morning. That said Ive heard of others using 5 -10 mins apart.
Would you you mind elaborating on the mixture? What makes it contraindicated?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, i'm buying zinc sulfate powder without B6, gonna try it alone. (I found info that ppl are using it with water as supplement so it's probably safe)
So i'm gonna do zinc at morning and my current regimen at night (castor oil with ethanol), I was using minoxidil for few months but it did not work well and was giving me skin aging sides, castor oil on the other hand make my hair really strong, stopped hair falling and head itching, I'm also seeing a lot of semi-small new fuzz hair on temples and few strong hair coming out and i havn't had any hair for years in temple area. I'm going to add zinc, dermastamp and hope to my regimen.

Thanks for the informations worm :)

Good to hear, and have heard the same about the skin effects. I was hoping once a day would be ok for minoxidil though. But now you have me curious about casto oil. Can you please explain the idea behind it a little more?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you you mind elaborating on the mixture? What makes it contraindicated?

There has been some studies saying zinc negates the effect of minoxidil, so it's best to spread applications apart. Anecdotal reports from users say otherwise.

mercail

My Regimen
Reaction score
There has been some studies saying zinc negates the effect of minoxidil, so it's best to spread applications apart. Anecdotal reports from users say otherwise.
Wait just a moment I JUST bought zinc supplements. Do you think it'll be relevant if I take those whilst using Minoxidil?
I do plan later on to make my own Zix mixture later on or whatever the next apparently successful concoction is best by then, but I'm not in the mood for going full mad chemist yet.