My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is P5P no longer an ingredient that you use in Zix? I see that you have it as an ingredient on the front page but it seems people OP and others aren't using it anymore.

Sorry if I missed anything. I've been ghosting this thread for awhile but am finally trying Zix today.

Thats correct. I'm on zinc alone now.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update, I am losing a bit more hair than I was a few weeks ago - 20-25 hairs in the drain vs 10-15. I think the biggest change I can attribute this to is going from washing my hair 1/day to 1 every 2days. I'll ke on this up for another week, and may go back to a daily shampoo. I just hate how greasy my hair gets, and was hoping that it would improve if I didn't shampoo as much. My hair is less greasy, but it still ain't great.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update, I am losing a bit more hair than I was a few weeks ago - 20-25 hairs in the drain vs 10-15. I think the biggest change I can attribute this to is going from washing my hair 1/day to 1 every 2days. I'll ke on this up for another week, and may go back to a daily shampoo. I just hate how greasy my hair gets, and was hoping that it would improve if I didn't shampoo as much. My hair is less greasy, but it still ain't great.

I think that you are correct as well.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Too early to say if this is working or not, hair definently feels thicker and looks better not sure if it is from ZIX or from changing my shampoo to a thickening biotin one

Terrell Evans

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I used my first dose of zinc today. I put one tablespoon of alchohol into 4 tablespoon of distelled water and 3 zinc capsules. My formula is white and watery. I’m guesing thats how it should be. But how do you feel about adding biotin to the formula

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I used my first dose of zinc today. I put one tablespoon of alchohol into 4 tablespoon of distelled water and 3 zinc capsules. My formula is white and watery. I’m guesing thats how it should be. But how do you feel about adding biotin to the formula

My feeling is it should more like 3 tablespoon of water, but it could me my container is 80mls, I'm which case your proportions are spot on. So go with your mix and keep us updated!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Too early to say if this is working or not, hair definently feels thicker and looks better not sure if it is from ZIX or from changing my shampoo to a thickening biotin one

zix has a thickening effect, its cosmetic of course. Hopefully you'll decrease shedding and increase density. I can say even more recently, when I went from my old formula to zinc alone, the lack of cosmetic thickening made my hair look thinner. But now it's good again, I suspect because I improved my density.

luca10

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you think my lotion is fine?

- 20 mls ethyl alcohol
- 40 mls distilled water
- 8 x 50mg zinc gluconate

Thanks!

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would be careful btw. I read some stuff that concludes that high-dose zinc supplement is not just toxic but also associated with alzheimer.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would be careful btw. I read some stuff that concludes that high-dose zinc supplement is not just toxic but also associated with alzheimer.

Thats a bit of a debatable claim, and it's cognitive impairment of some kind by supplementing with 150 mgs daily for months upon months. We're talking about less than 5mgs daily, which is less than your RDA. Too much of anything is bad for you.

Ardarus

My Regimen
Reaction score
When taking by oral, and also it's probably because taking zinc alone will make you deficient with copper, magnesium etc. which is very bad.
If you look at zinc mixture you can see how small amount of zinc you are gettin.
for example lets take 100 ml and put there 3g=3000mg of zinc which is inflated dose.
1ml: 3/100 = 0,03g = 30mg
you can find 20-30% elemental zinc in zinc sulphate, so lets take 25% from 30 mg, it gives us 7,5mg usable zinc at 1ml, probably only small dose will be absorbed and toxicity for elemental zinc is above 100mg a day if you gonna take it oraly for long time.
My math can be wrong though.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
When taking by oral, and also it's probably because taking zinc alone will make you deficient with copper, magnesium etc. which is very bad.
If you look at zinc mixture you can see how small amount of zinc you are gettin.
for example lets take 100 ml and put there 3g=3000mg of zinc which is inflated dose.
1ml: 3/100 = 0,03g = 30mg
you can find 20-30% elemental zinc in zinc sulphate, so lets take 25% from 30 mg, it gives us 7,5mg usable zinc at 1ml, probably only small dose will be absorbed and toxicity for elemental zinc is above 100mg a day if you gonna take it oraly for long time.
My math can be wrong though.

Thanks for chiming in, I believe your math is off. With 3 capsules, that's 150mgs of elemental zinc. I tend to go through 2-4 mls per day on my scalp. On a per ml basis though, that's 150mgs/60 = 2.5mgs/ml. So 5-10mgs is applied on the scalp daily.

You need to bear in mind that the RDA for zinc is 15 mgs, and I suspect very little of the zinc applied topically actually gets absorbed into your system.

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm generally a silent lurker on the forum, but been a follower on this thread. So I've been using Zix for just over a year and I unfortunately haven't noticed a substantial decrease in daily shedding.

I was hoping my shedding could go from 100 hairs a day to half that. But the shedding that amount hasn't changed. The only thing I notice is that the hair I shed consists more of shorter hairs along with my normal longer hairs. Hair length is a couple inches long.

I wonder if my zix concoction is off? It is currently:
- 200mg Zinc Sulphate x 3
- P5P 50mg x 3
- Ethyl Alcohol 70% 20ml
- Distilled Water 40ml

I'm a diffuse thinner and still have thin hair on my head. So looking to maintain.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, @worm, you have dropped the B6 now and use only the zinc? I'm ordering the stuff now and you use the zinc sulfate supply you listed in the first page from Amazon? Thanks.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm generally a silent lurker on the forum, but been a follower on this thread. So I've been using Zix for just over a year and I unfortunately haven't noticed a substantial decrease in daily shedding.

I was hoping my shedding could go from 100 hairs a day to half that. But the shedding that amount hasn't changed. The only thing I notice is that the hair I shed consists more of shorter hairs along with my normal longer hairs. Hair length is a couple inches long.

I wonder if my zix concoction is off? It is currently:
- 200mg Zinc Sulphate x 3
- P5P 50mg x 3
- Ethyl Alcohol 70% 20ml
- Distilled Water 40ml

I'm a diffuse thinner and still have thin hair on my head. So looking to maintain.

Maybe try dropping the b6... Seemed to improve things for me. Him when you say you're losing 100 hairs, is that just in the shower?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, @worm, you have dropped the B6 now and use only the zinc? I'm ordering the stuff now and you use the zinc sulfate supply you listed in the first page from Amazon? Thanks.

Yeah only using zinc, plus pharma brand should be what I posted.