My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm I have some questions, I would be really grateful if you could answer:
1) What if I have no shedding to deal with? Can this zix stop DHT from thinning my hair more and more?
2) Assuming that I have an aggressive Androgenetic Alopecia, can you roughly evaluate how long it would take to reach Norwood 2 (Currently Norwood 1.5) if I took zix daily ?
3) Does zix cooperate well with keto 2% ?
4) If I take Minoxidil for say one year and I quit it cold turkey, can zix stop the typical post-treatment shedding and maintain the hair I've regrown through Minoxidil?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm I have some questions, I would be really grateful if you could answer:
1) What if I have no shedding to deal with? Can this zix stop DHT from thinning my hair more and more?
2) Assuming that I have an aggressive Androgenetic Alopecia, can you roughly evaluate how long it would take to reach Norwood 2 (Currently Norwood 1.5) if I took zix daily ?
3) Does zix cooperate well with keto 2% ?
4) If I take Minoxidil for say one year and I quit it cold turkey, can zix stop the typical post-treatment shedding and maintain the hair I've regrown through Minoxidil?

Well Timii, sorry to say i cant answer any of your questions with any conclusive conviction , although i'll comment:

1) Im not sure, shedding is a sign that you're losing your hair imo. Are you sure you are losing it at the precipitous rate you fear?

2) Assuming it works, maybe a couple years or even more.

3) It does not cooperate well with keto in my experience, but maybe that's just me. I would use head and shoulders, if you look at the comparison, H&S gets benefits too, and they arent that far off from keto.

4) It's hard for me to say, I stopped a minoxidil concoction about 1-2 months before I started zix. I was shedding like crazy, started zix and the shedding stopped. That said, if I were you I would apply zix in the morning, minoxidil at night.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
is anyone using both minoxidil and zix? If so, what is your experience?

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well no itching and inflammation seems to be a great change. How long have you been using it?
About 2 weeks starting the third! But i think its the same shedding! Its just that i dont have to shower often to stylist my hair anymlre with zinc so i wash less often=more hair when i wash

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
About 2 weeks starting the third! But i think its the same shedding! Its just that i dont have to shower often to stylist my hair anymlre with zinc so i wash less often=more hair when i wash

Well I only noticed less shedding when I got to close to a month on zinc alone. Stick with it. That said, while I wash my hair every other day, I think I lost less showering daily.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Answering my question by myself: If I take Minoxidil for say one year and I quit it cold turkey, can zix stop the typical post-treatment shedding and maintain the hair I've regrown through Minoxidil?
The answer is no. Not even finasteride can do this

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well Timii, sorry to say i cant answer any of your questions with any conclusive conviction , although i'll comment:

1) Im not sure, shedding is a sign that you're losing your hair imo. Are you sure you are losing it at the precipitous rate you fear?

2) Assuming it works, maybe a couple years or even more.

3) It does not cooperate well with keto in my experience, but maybe that's just me. I would use head and shoulders, if you look at the comparison, H&S gets benefits too, and they arent that far off from keto.

4) It's hard for me to say, I stopped a minoxidil concoction about 1-2 months before I started zix. I was shedding like crazy, started zix and the shedding stopped. That said, if I were you I would apply zix in the morning, minoxidil at night.

Everyone sheds hair, women shed loads, I remember how I used to find my ex GF hair everywhere. The problem is when it doesn't grow back.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm, my problem is understanding if I buy the right ingredients since I live in Germany. I found very cheap pills but on the package it says that the active substance is zinc sulfate monohydrate, whereas on your packsage it says that the substance is zinc sulfate heptahydrate, what is the difference?

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm, my problem is understanding if I buy the right ingredients since I live in Germany. I found very cheap pills but on the package it says that the active substance is zinc sulfate monohydrate, whereas on your packsage it says that the substance is zinc sulfate heptahydrate, what is the difference?

I'm not sure. Have you checked eBay for pluspharma zinc?

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
50 euro delivery LOL

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm Can you explain how I could adopt your routine? Where do I start I like the zix idea.

Thanks Worm.

1200x630bb.jpg

Terrell Evans

My Regimen
Reaction score
okay and I think I put too much water in my formula. Do you think I should do 3 and half capsules. 3 tablespoons water and half tablespoon alcohol. What do you think @worm ? And should I let the formula sit a day before usage

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
okay and I think I put too much water in my formula. Do you think I should do 3 and half capsules. 3 tablespoons water and half tablespoon alcohol. What do you think @worm ? And should I let the formula sit a day before usage
Joe recommended to let it sit for 2 days if I am not wrong

Mook

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so I have been using worms exact formula of just zinc that he listed a few pages back.

Here is what I found:
-Shedding has without a doubt decreased. Only seeing a few hairs on my towel after shower.
-Dont see any change cosmetically as far as density or styling. (I saw someone post somewhere that it instantly makes you look like you have a lower hairline, and I can tell you hat that is total bs.)
-itch has subsided

I want to try adding b6 to see what happens, but the zinc alone seems to be doing something, not sure what to do.

If you don’t respond to Min, I would really consider giving this a shot, however I think it is definitely suited for those who still have a decent amount of hair who are just trying to maintain, or regrow with other treatments.

Also considering using it after dermarolling but I’m not sure I want all that zinc going systemic, considering I use like 3 ml twice a day. Any insight on this, Worm?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

your proportions sounds about right. I am on 3 capsules, maybe go with that. That said i have used half capsules.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so I have been using worms exact formula of just zinc that he listed a few pages back.

Here is what I found:
-Shedding has without a doubt decreased. Only seeing a few hairs on my towel after shower.
-Dont see any change cosmetically as far as density or styling. (I saw someone post somewhere that it instantly makes you look like you have a lower hairline, and I can tell you hat that is total bs.)
-itch has subsided

I want to try adding b6 to see what happens, but the zinc alone seems to be doing something, not sure what to do.

If you don’t respond to Min, I would really consider giving this a shot, however I think it is definitely suited for those who still have a decent amount of hair who are just trying to maintain, or regrow with other treatments.

Also considering using it after dermarolling but I’m not sure I want all that zinc going systemic, considering I use like 3 ml twice a day. Any insight on this, Worm?

Great news, thanks for the update. The formula makes your hair easier to style imo, and as a results gives a bit of volume. With the tablets of ecological formulas b6 I would it's say wayyyyy are so. That said, when i first went to zinc alone, I agree it wasnt ideal for thickness. Im not sure what happened, maybe my density increased, but I find my hair looks better than it did 2 months ago, and I like the cosmetic effect i get with zinc alone better than i did when i first started.

I wouldnt worry about systemic absorption. Again, you're not taking in more than 10-15 mgs a/day which is your rda. On top of that, you're applying it topically, so there is no chance you're absorbing anything close to the amount that's sitting on your scalp.

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm
How long have you been on zix? Hos has it been for you?
Where can I find out how to use it.