My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I'm already on day 13 of my minoxidil experiment. Happy to report no sides (yet). I was so hesitant to try this out, but so far so good. I also took a shower this eve, and my wife's hair was already in the drain catch. So I'm not sure how much I shed, I can however say there wasnt much including hers. It leads me to suspect it may be working. Will keep you updated
Usually shedding with minoxidil is a sign it is working

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe add azelaic minoxidil and go from there?
That depends on the person. Its been much more of a legit cure for me than finasteride.

You yourself have said that finasteride was more effective, then, how Zix can be a better cure? Yeah Zix might be more sustainable for you due to the lack of side effects but you still lost more hair than you would on finasteride.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe add azelaic minoxidil and go from there?

You yourself have said that finasteride was more effective, then, how Zix can be a better cure? Yeah Zix might be more sustainable for you due to the lack of side effects but you still lost more hair than you would on finasteride.

You answered your own question. The sides on finasteride were constant mental confusion and being out of it, effeminating effects (loss of body and facial hair), depression, low sex drive, decrease of muscle mass among many others. Yes I maintained my hair but at the expense of my health - so yes, I do consider zix a better cure in my case. That said, I have been on zix for 15 or so years, and was only using finasteride for 7.5 years. So it's impossible for me to say, even if I didnt have sides I kept using it, that my hair would be in a better place.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Usually shedding with minoxidil is a sign it is working

I read someone else who said their shedding stopped with the combination of both and they had great gains. Others who have used minoxidil alone have also reported a cessation of shedding. I think you're right that many report more shedding, but shedding isnt a prerequisite for good results.

Personally when I used minoxidil with success way back, I never experienced any significant shedding, at least no more than usual. I did however shed for a couple weeks when I stopped.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
You answered your own question. The sides on finasteride were constant mental confusion and being out of it, effeminating effects (loss of body and facial hair), depression, low sex drive, decrease of muscle mass among many others. Yes I maintained my hair but at the expense of my health - so yes, I do consider zix a better cure in my case. That said, I have been on zix for 15 or so years, and was only using finasteride for 7.5 years. So it's impossible for me to say, even if I didnt have sides I kept using it, that my hair would be in a better place.

You'd have probably maintained your hair fully. But hey whatever makes you happy

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just wondering where I go from here. Do I continue zix for another 3 months to see if it improves or do I try something like finasteride.
If you are sure you are definitely thinning (which isn't clear from your photo), and if zix isn't stopping your thinning, then it is time to try something more powerful. As already mentioned, nothing natural comes close to the effectiveness of finasteride. It is your choice whether or not to use finasteride. If you don't start using finasteride soon, it is possible you could regret it later when you have lost too much hair to be able to recover. Remember that finasteride is much better at maintaining than regrowing, which is why it is so important to start using it early.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
TDLR: If anyone's going to go down the natural root, hit for many angles. E.g. Zix, Azelaic acid, Caffeine, Gingengosid rich topicals, Procyandin, Ricinoleic acid etc. etc.

That's what Joe opted for.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
You'd have probably maintained your hair fully. But hey whatever makes you happy

Very possibly but I wouldnt have probably snapped out of my daze, and it wouldnt necessarily be where I am health wise, family wise and financially. Wouldnt change a thing. and to think I was sh*t scared to stop finasteride at the time.

Anyhow, if you can use finasteride and have no ill effects, then more power to you - it would have been an easier route for me had that been the case.

Last edited:

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very possibly but I wouldnt have probably snapped out of my daze, and it wouldnt necessarily be where I am health wise, family wise and financially. Wouldnt change a thing. and to think I was sh*t scared to stop finasteride at the time.

Anyhow, if you can use finasteride and have no ill effects, then more power to you - it would have been an easier route for me had that been the case.
I really think you should add dermarolling 1 or 1.5mm every other week. It will significantly help the minoxidil gains and probably help the zix too.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

Amazing how people are questioning the effectiveness of Zix - lots of people are having positive results, I’ve posted my success story on here.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing how people are questioning the effectiveness of Zix - lots of people are having positive results, I’ve posted my success story on here.

Most people thin on it. I thinned, he even said himself that his temples are not as good as he wants it, most people go one NorWood back in a decade which is a f*****g success but nowhere near what finasteride can give you.

Zix isn't full maintenance for most. But for most it's worth it for possibly giving yourself permanent crap. I don't understand people living with half limp dicks and libido flows for their entire lives, I mean more power to them if they think it's worth it but it's a huggeee payoff. If finasteride is icing on the cake, why not. Most of us can't tolerate that type of stuff for two strands of hair.

I don't understand why being analytical and objective is considered sh*t here. I guess we just have to love something to death or hate it. Whatever.

TLDR: Check my post history, you don't have to praise something to death to like something.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people thin on it. I thinned, he even said himself that his temples are not as good as he wants it, most people go one NorWood back in a decade which is a f*****g success but nowhere near what finasteride can give you.

Zix isn't full maintenance for most. But for most it's worth it for possibly giving yourself permanent crap. I don't understand people living with half limp dicks and libido flows for their entire lives, I mean more power to them if they think it's worth it but it's a huggeee payoff. If finasteride is icing on the cake, why not. Most of us can't tolerate that type of stuff for two strands of hair.

I don't understand why being analytical and objective is considered sh*t here. I guess we just have to love something to death or hate it. Whatever.

TLDR: Check my post history, you don't have to praise something to death to like something.
I agree. Zix doesn't usually give full maintenance. I read the success story of the guy who posted above you, and it appears that his natural rate of hair loss is very slow. Perhaps his hair loss might not have progressed much during the last two years even if he'd never used Zix during that time. I am highly skeptical of whether Zix would achieve much for someone who has moderately or severely aggressive hair loss. But I acknowledge that it is a lot better than doing nothing at all about your hair loss. As you say, it is possible to still like a treatment but at the same time to be realistic and objective about its effectiveness, and I don't think a person should be criticized for this.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree. Zix doesn't usually give full maintenance. I read the success story of the guy who posted above you, and it appears that his natural rate of hair loss is very slow. Perhaps his hair loss might not have progressed much during the last two years even if he'd never used Zix during that time. I am highly skeptical of whether Zix would achieve much for someone who has moderately or severely aggressive hair loss. But I acknowledge that it is a lot better than doing nothing at all about your hair loss. As you say, it is possible to still like a treatment but at the same time to be realistic and objective about its effectiveness, and I don't think a person should be criticized for this.

It's more the idea that you may talk someone out of trying it. It's not a near cure for everyone, but no treatment is. And alternative treatments tend to get shat on way more for some reason.

I had pretty aggressive hairloss that started around 19. Had I not jumped on finasteride and eventually zix I would be bald, there is no question in my mind. Left unabated this would have been before my mid to late 20s I'm sure of it.

Anyhow objectivity is one thing but telling people this doesnt work, just because it didn't work for you isn't a universal truth for someone else who tries it. It works for some and not others that's the unfortunate reality.

I just fail to unsersrand why people try to explain away others successes as non zix related. The fact is that it makes a difference for some who try it. Please try to explain away Ezekiels success?

And for so many here it has been a lifesaver and costs next to nothing to make on your own. I feel great knowing that a those people can finally spend less time stressing about how their hair looks and focus more time on constructive matters.

I trust people can read through the noise and make up there own minds as I did when i stumbled across this 15 years ago at my most desperate point.

Last edited:

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes, I agree my hair loss is mild but...

The reason why I jumped onto zix is because my hair was progressively thinning yearly to the point I found Worm’s thread and started treatment.

You can see in my photos that parts of my hair are thinning, who is to say they wouldn’t have thinned further without treatment? I remember before starting treatment, I was freaking out that my right temple point would disappear.

I’ve also had my hair checked out every 6 months since starting zix and LLLT by a professional dermatologist who has confirmed that there had been maintenance and regrowth in my forelock, temple points and vertex.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

Objectively not expecting full maintenance but if I can slow down my loss for a significant length of time then it is a major win.

If somebody had told me 2.5 years ago that I would have full maintenance and slight regrowth, I would have been very happy

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's more the idea that you may talk someone out of trying it. It's not a near cure for everyone, but no treatment is. And alternative treatments tend to get shat on way more for some reason.

I had pretty aggressive hairloss that started around 19. Had I not jumped on finasteride and eventually zix I would be bald, there is no question in my mind. Left unabated this would have been before my mid to late 20s I'm sure of it.

Anyhow objectivity is one thing but telling people this doesnt work, just because it didn't work for you isn't a universal truth for someone else who tries it. It works for some and not others that's the unfortunate reality.

I just fail to unsersrand why people try to explain away others successes as non zix related. The fact is that it makes a difference for some who try it. Please try to explain away Ezekiels success?

And for so many here it has been a lifesaver and costs next to nothing to make on your own. I feel great knowing that a those people can finally spend less time stressing about how their hair looks and focus more time on constructive matters.

I trust people can read through the noise and make up there own minds as I did when i stumbled across this 15 years ago at my most desperate point.

Mind citing me where I said Zix doesn’t work? I used it for over a year, I still use it and I advise it to people. If someone’s thinning on it in a short period of time, it’s not for them. Plain simple. Works for some doesn’t work for others.

Oh, also, aren’t you the person who is advising to stay away from a proven natural treatment which helped thousands of people? Yeah, azelaic acid. You advise people to not use it just because of your own bad experience. Same thing goes for ketoconazole as well. Maybe you should evaluate your tone before throwing shade on other people’s

But why were you saying obvious and retarded sh*t like "But you would have maintained on fina". Yeah no sh*t Sherlock, people who use zix don't want to use fina or had sides from it. We could also have maintained our hair by using full tranny regimens or cutting our balls off...But I wouldn't call that a success now...

And yes zix isn't as strong as a pharmaceutical that could potentially ruin your sex life, who would've thought? Stop being captain obvious.

Yeah, f*****g right. It’s the reality. The efficacy of treatments have nothing to do with the side effect profiles. And stop calling everything a tranny regimen, you are literally messing with lives of people whom could get results with finasteride without the presence of any adverse side effects. Some people aren’t simply as lucky as you do to maintain with shelved and dropped lab chemicals with natural treatments like that. Some people are NWfucking4 once they are half your age and freaking suicidal. Think twice before possibly ruining someone’s hair and life.

Objectively not expecting full maintenance but if I can slow down my loss for a significant length of time then it is a major win.

If somebody had told me 2.5 years ago that I would have full maintenance and slight regrowth, I would have been very happy

Again, read above.

Last edited:

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just stop posting man, it's ridiculous. Worm is only sharing his experience, if azelaic acid didn't work for him and/or finds that it's not good then that's his opinion. A quick reminder, this is his thread and he has all the right to share his opinion here. Who the hell are you to be the tone police in his own thread? Make your own thread about azelaic acid if you think it's so good

So, someone is using Zix for a long enough period and says that he has thinned. I am giving advice to him to add azelaic acid and minoxidil, I be the one who is retarded while other people can share their opinions and advise people to not use something that they haven’t tried before? Nice logic.

I recommend you to not to kick in while someone is having a discussion with someone else. You are not only making the discussion less appropriate, you also take the right of expression away from the people you are trying to defend. Worm is at least analytical and can bring up a conversation without insulting people with terms like “retard”. Seriously, you add nothing to this forum than arguing with people, calling them tranny and retards. At least I tried to build up on the idea of zinc, B6 and azelaic acid to help people who cannot take hair loss medication (myself included).

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys,

Let’s all calm down

To summarize

Zix like every treatment does not work for everyone, but there is no harm with trying it to find out.

The key is to find what works for you!

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Again, I don’t care if anyone gets in my way or not. I am not here to get called retard nor to learn anything from here. I have learnt enough about this curse in very little I’ve had in this world.

Azelaic acid, zinc and copper have achieved 25% of DHT inhibition without any noticeable changes in serum DHT levels, unless the original post wasn’t conducted properly which I think not. Applying this to the Joe’s formula could easily achieve more. If we could get this rate up to 40%, Zix is as effective as finasteride with max 15% serum inhibition (40-25).

Again. Always room for improvement, even for proven medication. Anyone from now on can ignore me so I can help a few who couldn’t achieve what they wanted from the existing formulations. I am not going to hold back.

I am not here to be called nice things, I don’t drive motivation from hair loss forums. I have easily spent 1/3 of my life to help people and helped quite a bit of them with customized and tailored formulations with their aid of experimenting on these formulations for the first time. I’ve never asked for money or anything. So anyone who isn’t open to new and experimental ideas could block me and I would be very thankful to get obstacles out of my way.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
One of the benefits of this thread is creating awareness for Zix. Why don’t more people know about it?

Wish I had known about it in my early - mid 20s

Thanks Worm