My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

rcom440

Reaction score
azelaic acid in a form of cream (AA 10%) or addiction to minoxidil (AA usually 5%) is safer that 750mg of zinc diluted in 60ml is liquid (ethyl and distilled water) is a huge amount.
When you bombarding your scalp with 1ml of zix every day it’s highly possible that eventually zinc level will go off the roof. I’m not saying this because I have sides with zix. I was actually thinking about this before starting using it. I was planing to use high concentration zix first then decreased it drastically but it’s no go for me now because of the sides.
azelaic acid Is being used for many years, people put 10% AA all over their faces in a form of cream all the time. The only side effect that is common is redness or burned skin but that is usually with 10% or higher.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
azelaic acid in a form of cream (AA 10%) or addiction to minoxidil (AA usually 5%) is safer that 750mg of zinc diluted in 60ml is liquid (ethyl and distilled water) is a huge amount.
When you bombarding your scalp with 1ml of zix every day it’s highly possible that eventually zinc level will go off the roof. I’m not saying this because I have sides with zix. I was actually thinking about this before starting using it. I was planing to use high concentration zix first then decreased it drastically but it’s no go for me now because of the sides.
azelaic acid Is being used for many years, people put 10% AA all over their faces in a form of cream all the time. The only side effect that is common is redness or burned skin but that is usually with 10% or higher.

Appreciate your input. However, you're one of very few users who are reporting fatigue. You're also using the kitchen sink approach, which I am not promoting here. I have been using zix and only zix for 15 years with great success, with the exception of trying azelaic acid and nizoral which ended up in shedding and months long setbacks. Both of those you're also suggesting.

All along I have said, if you mix zix with a lot of other treatments you're not likely to experience any benefit, but rather you may have negative results.

My version of Zix that I promote on this thread should be tried alone. By suggesting that it doesnt work under your regimen, is contra to what I am suggesting - especially by using nizoral and azelaic.

Anyhow I cant stop you from adding your two cents, but I think you need to qualify your comments because you're taking your own modified approach which is muddying the water for those who may benefit by following what has worked for me and many others here who have tried it.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
when you shed for more than 6 months than yes I’d stop it. I know many people who went through shed when starting nizoral then they had nice regrow. There was this guy here on HairLossTalk.com who was using only Nizoral shampoo, he had amazing regrow. I remember he went through crazy shed that lasted a few months.
You can shed on finasteride then you will regrow hair you lost. You can have shed by just changing your regime but like I already said it doesn’t mean you will lose those hair. many people start the treatment get big shade then they get scared and drop the treatment.
Sorry to be a little off topic, but do you know who this guy is who got amazing regrowth on Nizoral alone? I wonder if he could give us an update on how his hair is now and if he's still using only Nizoral. It seems hard to believe that Nizoral alone can put a halt to hair loss, let alone regrow. I recently incorporated Nizoral into my regimen, but I'm also using dutasteride so it is hard for me to gage how much of an effect the Nizoral is having. But it would be nice to know that it is doing something rather than nothing.

rcom440

Reaction score
Sorry to be a little off topic, but do you know who this guy is who got amazing regrowth on Nizoral alone? I wonder if he could give us an update on how his hair is now and if he's still using only Nizoral. It seems hard to believe that Nizoral alone can put a halt to hair loss, let alone regrow. I recently incorporated Nizoral into my regimen, but I'm also using dutasteride so it is hard for me to gage how much of an effect the Nizoral is having. But it would be nice to know that it is doing something rather than nothing.

I think it was back in 2009, 2010 or 2011. You would have to really search this forum to find it. I don’t remember his screen name. He posted some pics of his progress. I doubt he’s still on this forum. I remember reading that he went through big shed for a few months and then regrow started.

Nizoral shampoo helped me in combination with minoxidil. I’m still using both.

rcom440

Reaction score
I think figured out why I got sides from zix (being tired, and sleepy). It dosn't have to do anything with Nizoral, minoxidil, azelaic acid or pretty much everything else im using. I p5p b6 also contain magnesium - the print is so small you can hardly notice that p5p b6 also contains 30mg of Magnesium. I bout it from Ebay and they actually sent me a wrong item.
B6 + dosage of Magnesium is pretty much a sleeping pill.
I made another solution with 1oz of distilled water, .25ml of 95% Ethyl, and 75mg of Zinc Sulfate. So far no side effects. I will modify this formula but i won't be going with more than 100mg of Zinc Sulfate with 1oz of distilled water. This stuff can and probably will get to the bloodstream thats why I believe its best to not go too crazy with amount of zinc. I also dermaroll with 1.5mm every 2 weeks, that could also be a factor with systemic absorption of the zinc.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think figured out why I got sides from zix (being tired, and sleepy). It dosn't have to do anything with Nizoral, minoxidil, azelaic acid or pretty much everything else im using. I p5p b6 also contain magnesium - the print is so small you can hardly notice that p5p b6 also contains 30mg of Magnesium. I bout it from Ebay and they actually sent me a wrong item.
B6 + dosage of Magnesium is pretty much a sleeping pill.
I made another solution with 1oz of distilled water, .25ml of 95% Ethyl, and 75mg of Zinc Sulfate. So far no side effects. I will modify this formula but i won't be going with more than 100mg of Zinc Sulfate with 1oz of distilled water. This stuff can and probably will get to the bloodstream thats why I believe its best to not go too crazy with amount of zinc. I also dermaroll with 1.5mm every 2 weeks, that could also be a factor with systemic absorption of the zinc.
The dermarolling should only effect the absorption within 24 hours of use

rcom440

Reaction score
The dermarolling should only effect the absorption within 24 hours of use

even longer than that depending on how aggressive you are with dermaroller - how many times you roll the same spot. I usually roll same spot 20 to 30 times with different angles. It takes longer to fully heal. My scalp is usually red for around 4 days.

Last edited:

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
even longer than that depending on how aggressive you are with dermaroller - how many times you roll the same spot. I usually roll same spot 20 to 30 times with different angles. It takes longer to fully heal. My scalp is usually red for around 4 days.
Jeez, how long does that take? I do each area like 5 times with different angles at 1mm my scalp is red for a about a day and I wait 24-58 hours to apply topicals

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used 3mm per or twice a week with Zix and had no issues, I haven’t got a blood test either so I don’t know if my zinc levels are slowly poisoning me so idk

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
One of the people I know had used Zix for a 5 month period max (I believe), his zinc levels were out of the roof and got food-poisoning like symptoms after his period of usage. We still don't know if it was food poisoning but it took him a while to fully get better. I mostly can tolerate quite a bit, used to take like 10-15 supplements daily and couldn't tell anything was wrong until my doctor told me that I was near a kidney failure. Also, don't forget that zinc is a heavy metal.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don't know

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So been using a zinc sulphate, b6 and distilled water for 4 weeks now and i can see no difference in itching or shedding.

I am using 3 b6 capsules the same type as the op uses.

2 200mg zinc sulphate tablets which are different as i could not find them in the UK although i may have now.

Dissolved in 60ml distilled water.

I will try and get the same zinc as the OP and add the alcohol but I'm not that hopeful any more

Below is the zinc im using.

Attachments

• 20200612_123140.jpg
    20200612_123140.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 20200612_123145.jpg
    20200612_123145.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 105

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I use your formula too and it slows down my hairloss.

Okay, did you see reduced shedding and itching?

I have dandruff since a long time that i could never get rid off. I dont know if my itching is due to dandruff and SD, or due to dht irritating my hair. Or is the dht also causing the dandruff.

What kind of zinc are you using?

Sorry for the questions

rcom440

Reaction score
Okay, did you see reduced shedding and itching?

I have dandruff since a long time that i could never get rid off. I dont know if my itching is due to dandruff and SD, or due to dht irritating my hair. Or is the dht also causing the dandruff.

What kind of zinc are you using?

Sorry for the questions

did you try nizoral shampoo for your itchy scalp?

rcom440

Reaction score
One of the people I know had used Zix for a 5 month period max (I believe), his zinc levels were out of the roof and got food-poisoning like symptoms after his period of usage. We still don't know if it was food poisoning but it took him a while to fully get better. I mostly can tolerate quite a bit, used to take like 10-15 supplements daily and couldn't tell anything was wrong until my doctor told me that I was near a kidney failure. Also, don't forget that zinc is a heavy metal.

do you know how much zinc he dumped in his zix? You don’t want to take more than 10mg-11mg of zinc a day from supplements and zix. Majority for zinc you get from food so overdose is possible on zix is the concentration is high.
they put zinc in some face creams and lotion but formula doesn’t exceed 100mg for 4oz.

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
did you try nizoral shampoo for your itchy scalp?

No i havnt. I actually only use head and shoulders once every 2 weeks. However im beginning to wonder is some of my problems are down to SD or dandruff.

I normally just wash my hair in water as i dont like how dry shampoo leaves my hair.

However i am debating a blitz of shampoo to see if it makes any difference to tje itching or shedding