My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My ingredients are on the way... One of the reasons I’ve gone for this is low probability of sides. I am dealing with enough health sh*t at the moment to take any risks.

Has anyone experienced regrowth from zix? Any pics posted?

You should have very low expectations of Zix. I have been using it for a couple of weeks and I have not experienced a reduction in shedding. Not to say that it does not work at all, it reduces the itch.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using zix for two month now, but somehow shedding has increased.
I mix it exactly how worm recommends and since a few days with exactly the same brands, I only take some supplements and alpecin shampoo beside it.
Don't know what to think about it.
But I see lots of little hairs along the hairline, maybe it's regrowth maybe recession, I don't know if I should stick with it little longer or quit...

What kind of shedding are we talking about here? How much, what's your norm? What is alpecin shampoo? You dont use nizoral right?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m intending to use this 30mins after minoxidil x2 a day. Does that sound ok or shall I leave longer between applying the two treatments?

I will also be needling every 2-3 weeks.

If you've read the past 5-10 pages, or even the last 10 posts, needling doesnt seem to combine well with zix. I would use one or the other but not both.

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
did the shedding ever slow down b/c of Zix???

It's been a week since i dropped minoxidil and shedding is still the same. Not even sure if minoxidil has even helped me.
Feels good not to have itchy scalp tho but about to say f*** it all get a wig or something but that's expensive as sh*t w/ maintenance.

It's is really hard to tell, some days I think it is, other days I think it's much more than it used to be.

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
What kind of shedding are we talking about here? How much, what's your norm? What is alpecin shampoo? You dont use nizoral right?

Some days really a lot of hairs, over hundred. When I brush, shower or run through my hair.
Other days only a few.
Alpecin is a Coffein shampoo, which could be good for hair stimulation.
Could...

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some days really a lot of hairs, over hundred. When I brush, shower or run through my hair.
Other days only a few.
Alpecin is a Coffein shampoo, which could be good for hair stimulation.
Could...

Try dropping the Alpecin for a couple weeks. Shampoos dont always do what you expect them too.

Maximus Hair!

Reaction score
Hey @worm

I was curious if you knew what the half life of Zix is? There's information on the internet of the half life of oral zinc and p5p by themselves. But nothing about them topically together. Do you by chance know?

Fry_bender

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I made my zix following the steps I saw here, I started to use it one week ago and I have very good feelings. Did your scalp looks yellow (that zix color)? It isn’t visible for me because my hairs cover it up but if I had a shorter haircut or I separate the hairs, you can see the scalp ‘yellow’ where I applied zix.

Also I’m taking a saw palmetto vitamins from Turkey, called Xpecia, they have great feedback.

Thanks!

Hammer

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been doing this for a week and think I see less shedding. For such an easy and cheap solution, I intend to keep it up. The only downside is that I seem to get some powdery residue on my scalp, although it's only noticeable to myself.

It's a very simple solution of two active ingredients. Is there anything else that could be added to 'bolster' it?

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been doing this for a week and think I see less shedding. For such an easy and cheap solution, I intend to keep it up. The only downside is that I seem to get some powdery residue on my scalp, although it's only noticeable to myself.

It's a very simple solution of two active ingredients. Is there anything else that could be added to 'bolster' it?

It is tempting to add something, especially when you are results. I would suggest to wait, a week is too soon to add stuff... This way you can track your progress and know you can attribute success to one thing

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I made my zix following the steps I saw here, I started to use it one week ago and I have very good feelings. Did your scalp looks yellow (that zix color)? It isn’t visible for me because my hairs cover it up but if I had a shorter haircut or I separate the hairs, you can see the scalp ‘yellow’ where I applied zix.

Also I’m taking a saw palmetto vitamins from Turkey, called Xpecia, they have great feedback.

Thanks!
My scalp looked bright yellow as well because of the B6. I went back to My original brand, which are capsules instead of pills. The capsules have a pale yellow substance, you dont see it on the scalp

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any users here from Canada? I'm having a hard time finding ethyl alcohol...any ideas?
Thanks.

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using zix for two month now, but somehow shedding has increased.
I mix it exactly how worm recommends and since a few days with exactly the same brands, I only take some supplements and alpecin shampoo beside it.
Don't know what to think about it.
But I see lots of little hairs along the hairline, maybe it's regrowth maybe recession, I don't know if I should stick with it little longer or quit...
I have the same situation with you. I have tried the zix for 8 months. The result is not as good as before. I will lose about 30 hairs after watching my head. I see lots of little hairs along the hairline too, but I don't know whether it is regrowth.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any users here from Canada? I'm having a hard time finding ethyl alcohol...any ideas?
Thanks.

If you live on the east coast, Jean Coutu. Otherwise, there is some in Dollarama - it comes in a mini spray bottle - it's $1.25. I think it's in the pharmacy section, but more as a disinfectant for surfaces and hands i believe.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the same situation with you. I have tried the zix for 8 months. The result is not as good as before. I will lose about 30 hairs after watching my head. I see lots of little hairs along the hairline too, but I don't know whether it is regrowth.

That's probably the range im in, but without it i lose well over 100 hairs in the shower.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
At that rate you're still a fullhead when I look at you pics you posted here. So looks like a bit of shedding isn't that bad.

I definitely have some thinning, apparent around the dreaded bald spot area - after a nughts sleep it my scalp at the back can be clearly seen - not bald but very thin. Temples are still killing back. I brush my hair to cover the thinner spots.

Zix is no hair regrowth miracle. It simply slows down your hair loss to 1/10th or more what it would otherwise be. It helped thicken what I did have too . If i hadnt started when I did, I may have lost hope a 14 years ago.