My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is Ethyl rubbing alcohol 70% by volume same as just ethyl alcohol? probably a dumb question. Just found it at a private drug store since I couldn't find it at Walmart.

I believe I got most of the products to make this. Just need a measuring thing and a shaker.

Yes, I believe so.

For those who live in Canada, I just noticed you can find ethyl alcohol 70% in mini spray bottles for $1.25 at Dollarama. My colleague was using it to clean her glasses.

For those in Quebec and parts of the maritimes, you can find it in Jean Coutu.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would it be okay to use 100% distilled water as it's used in the original formula? I'd like to avoid alcohol if I can since my dandruff is pretty bad right now.

noveau22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would it be okay to use 100% distilled water as it's used in the original formula? I'd like to avoid alcohol if I can since my dandruff is pretty bad right now.

Yea I didn't see ethynl alcohol in the original formula. I don't think the alcohol is a requirement but it is said for better follicle absorption.

I just made mine like 5 mins ago w/o smashing the pills. I'm noob. I actually tried and was like f it. Hopefully it dissolves well.

For your dandruff, have you tried using Nizoral. I know it didn't bothered worm a lot but for me it added volume and hid my bald spots. I'm curious if I should refrigerate my formula or not. Just praying this works and stops my terrible sheds daily and hope for regrowth. *cross fingers

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

sure thing. see how it goes. it may not penetrate as much though, but you should see some effect. I would eventually try with a splash of ethyl alcohol. I would refrigerate it though, as i believe the alcohol helps preserve it.

magnoli

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, all... newbie here. I read the entire thread and I'm ordering the ingredients today.
Have a question though. Does anyone have experience with thyroid hairloss and is it similar to AA?
Also @MrsS can you share the recipe for your rosemary spray? couldn't find it back in the thread...
Thanks in advance guys... hope this works for me too

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had an under active thyroid last year, which I’ve managed to get back into normal range. Not sure if it had anything to do with my hair loss, I cut my hair short now so can’t tell if I’m still shedding.

noveau22

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had an under active thyroid last year, which I’ve managed to get back into normal range. Not sure if it had anything to do with my hair loss, I cut my hair short now so can’t tell if I’m still shedding.

how did you know? I've taken blood test and my ranges are normal yet I'm in denial or somewhat convinced b/c I'm alwayssss tired and stiff legs. Taking me forever to heal from workouts even when I get a weeks rest....I want it to be under active thyroid so I can fix the hair issue but blahhh.

Also read that the TSH and T4 test can be a bad indicator as well..even w/o hairloss. My physical performance has declined greatly at the gym and I've been watching my diet, resting etc...

i think it's day 3 for me with Zix and Saw Palmetto. Saw Palmetto gives me stomach issues..I thought I saw less shedding yesterday but then woke up today w/ like 30 hairs on my pillow again. I wonder if Zix takes time or immediate effect.

Last edited:

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea I didn't see ethynl alcohol in the original formula. I don't think the alcohol is a requirement but it is said for better follicle absorption.

I just made mine like 5 mins ago w/o smashing the pills. I'm noob. I actually tried and was like f it. Hopefully it dissolves well.

For your dandruff, have you tried using Nizoral. I know it didn't bothered worm a lot but for me it added volume and hid my bald spots. I'm curious if I should refrigerate my formula or not. Just praying this works and stops my terrible sheds daily and hope for regrowth. *cross fingers

Unfortunately nizoral (both 1% and 2%) and head & shoulders didn't stop dandruff and also made me shed more. Now that I think about it, zix probably won't work for me either, since the main ingredient, like head & shoulders, is zinc.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm

This question may have been answered already but idk just to be clear because this threads kinda long. I have everything needed so you recommend using just two pills from the zinc in the link you provided? The bottle says zinc 50mg but then under that it says from zinc sulfate heptahydrate 220mg? If The question was already asked anyone could relay the information to.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm

This question may have been answered already but idk just to be clear because this threads kinda long. I have everything needed so you recommend using just two pills from the zinc in the link you provided? The bottle says zinc 50mg but then under that it says from zinc sulfate heptahydrate 220mg? If The question was already asked anyone could relay the information to.
220mg of Zinc Sulfate is equal to 50mg of elemental zinc

doggfather

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey @worm if ethyl alcohol helps with penetration why not make the entire solution out of ethyl alcohol?
What are your thoughts on using everclear instead of ethyl alcohol?
If zix doesnt stop my scalp pain and itch would it be safe to assume that it’s not working for me?

Last edited:

INT

Reaction score
220mg of Zinc Sulfate is equal to 50mg of elemental zinc

Is it the same? I am looking at the old bottle I ordered directly from Joe at the time (Zinc 50 mg, brand: major). On the back it says Zinc (from Zinc sulfate): 50 mg.

Does this mean that one capsule contains 220 mg of Zinc sulfate?

Thanks.

noveau22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it the same? I am looking at the old bottle I ordered directly from Joe at the time (Zinc 50 mg, brand: major). On the back it says Zinc (from Zinc sulfate): 50 mg.

Thanks.

Just throw in 2 capsules into the mix. Think worm uses 3 now though according to the first page.

I really hope Zixx will work for me. Might drop the minoxidil but so far it's been like 4-5 days. Less itching definitely! but shed is still the same and my eyes do hurt a little. Hopefully the sides go away and might shed stops soon!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @worm if ethyl alcohol helps with penetration why not make the entire solution out of ethyl alcohol?
What are your thoughts on using everclear instead of ethyl alcohol?
If zix doesnt stop my scalp pain and itch would it be safe to assume that it’s not working for me?

Alcohol isn't good in bug concentrations. It can dry your scalp and I dont think you need any additional absorption. That's why I think dermarolling is not worth it

Thanks.

Yes, absolutely correct.

Just throw in 2 capsules into the mix. Think worm uses 3 now though according to the first page.

I really hope Zixx will work for me. Might drop the minoxidil but so far it's been like 4-5 days. Less itching definitely! but shed is still the same and my eyes do hurt a little. Hopefully the sides go away and might shed stops soon!

I wouldnt drop minoxidil for some time. It you do, dont be surprised if you start shedding.

INT

Reaction score
Alcohol isn't good in bug concentrations. It can dry your scalp and I dont think you need any additional absorption. That's why I think dermarolling is not worth it

Yes, absolutely correct.

I wouldnt drop minoxidil for some time. It you do, dont be surprised if you start shedding.

After experimenting with Sandalore for some time with different dosages I decided to add 3 drops to my zix bottle. Of the things I tried, zix and sandalore seemed to stop shedding the most. Let's see what they can do together. I also do dermastamping every 2 weeks.

I really hope this works for me because minoxidil still feels a bit scary to me.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
After experimenting with Sandalore for some time with different dosages I decided to add 3 drops to my zix bottle. Of the things I tried, zix and sandalore seemed to stop shedding the most. Let's see what they can do together. I also do dermastamping every 2 weeks.

I really hope this works for me because minoxidil still feels a bit scary to me.

I've heard derma rolling may increase shedding while using zix. I blv @MrsS had that issue.

Anyhow, not big on modifying the formula, as it usually does not work as well in my experience. But let us know how it goes, if it works better than it'll be worth it

Btw what is sandalore ?

INT

Reaction score
I've heard derma rolling may increase shedding while using zix. I blv @MrsS had that issue.

Anyhow, not big on modifying the formula, as it usually does not work as well in my experience. But let us know how it goes, if it works better than it'll be worth it

Btw what is sandalore ?

Lol, Worm you are famous!

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m microneedling at the moment and intend to add zix. Is anyone getting results with these two? Good combo?

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m microneedling at the moment and intend to add zix. Is anyone getting results with these two? Good combo?
I added weekly microneedling to Zix, but didn't apply it on the needling days. My experienced is that the first 2-3 sessions were great. In the third week I experienced increased shedding (short and long hairs). I've stopped needling because i felt it inflamed my scalp. My shedding returned to "normal" after a three weeks.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Did you shed when you started Sandalore or needling?