My Pros & Cons of Drinking Minoxidil vs Tablets

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What was your baseline heart rate before you ever started taking oral min? I guess it makes sense your heat heart rate should be higher when taking it sublingually vs orally since the point of taking OM sublingually was to avoid/minimize the hemodynamic effects.
I don't fully understand what you trying to say.
Hr went from 65 to 76.
After taking minoxidil it goes up to 88 for a while

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry I misread your post. Interesting that your heart rate is higher on sublingual than on oral. How long have you been taking it sublingually? How long were you taking it orally before?

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry I misread your post. Interesting that your heart rate is higher on sublingual than on oral. How long have you been taking it sublingually? How long were you taking it orally before?
I have taken 5mg (oral) sublingual in december and got the worst sides ever. I had chest pressure for over a month and heart rate of 180bpm while laying in bed. Couldn't even move and layed in bed all day, at night I started puking.

Then after my chest pressure and shortness of breath subsided fully, i've taken sublingual in 0.5-1mg for around 2 weeks. Seems to pack more of a 'punch' and works very fast and noticable.
Got shortness of breath, tiredness and chest pressure again. So i decided to take 1-2.5 (slowly build up) oral and i have way less sides.

I've taken oral in october but got edema everywhere (also eyes)

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok I remember now you mentioned you fainted at one point right? I didn’t think you were going to attempt taking it again. Should be interesting to see if you respond to the lower dose this time.

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok I remember now you mentioned you fainted at one point right? I didn’t think you were going to attempt taking it again. Should be interesting to see if you respond to the lower dose this time.
I did not faint from oral but had fluid and high heart rate. Sublingual was just way too powerful for me (taking from a tablet. I could take as much liquid and hold it in my mouth without any sides) on a 5mg dose. Even 0.5/1mg seems to have more sides than oral.
So oral + dandelion it is for now. Slowly building up from 1mg to 2.5mg

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had been putting drops of topical into water and drinking it, with very modest results. My results seemed to have plateaued after about six months. I am beginning to think that it needs to bypass the stomach so it doesn't lose its effectiveness. I am now putting a couple of drops in a capsule and downing that with plenty of water in the hopes it gets to my lower intestine and out of the stomach before absorption. Any input on this? I am hoping this new method of consuming the Minoxidil really gets the ball rolling.
I am also taking oral MSM and vitamin C with each dose along with things like butea superba, boron and zinc.

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update from me again.
I am on 2.5MG oral now for over a month. Still have crazy sides like extreme puffy eyes and water retention + crazy fatigue.
I literally can't concentrate and sleep WAY too much.
Hoped it would go away, but only seems to get worse.
Maybe i could go back on 1MG but even then seem to get the puffy/dark eyes.
I've changed my BP medicine to Neviblol to counteract the heart rate side effects I get with oral/sublingual Min.

So will take a 2 day break and then try sublingual again. If that gives me *persistent* sides i'll try 1mg oral. If that still gives me sides. I'll quit oral min forever.

In terms of regrowth, i have not experienced anything yet, except more body growth.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update from me again.
I am on 2.5MG oral now for over a month. Still have crazy sides like extreme puffy eyes and water retention + crazy fatigue.
I literally can't concentrate and sleep WAY too much.
Hoped it would go away, but only seems to get worse.
Maybe i could go back on 1MG but even then seem to get the puffy/dark eyes.
I've changed my BP medicine to Neviblol to counteract the heart rate side effects I get with oral/sublingual Min.

So will take a 2 day break and then try sublingual again. If that gives me *persistent* sides i'll try 1mg oral. If that still gives me sides. I'll quit oral min forever.

In terms of regrowth, i have not experienced anything yet, except more body growth.
Sorry to hear that the sides are pretty severe for you. I get them, too, but I think way less severe. They certainly have not interfered with my functioning.

How significant would you consider the body hair growth and where? I think this is an indication of how well your body is processing the Minoxidil and its potential efficacy for you.

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that the sides are pretty severe for you. I get them, too, but I think way less severe. They certainly have not interfered with my functioning.

How significant would you consider the body hair growth and where? I think this is an indication of how well your body is processing the Minoxidil and its potential efficacy for you.
Im early in. So only noticed a little bit on face, chest and hands now.
Not even hair yet lol.

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update from me again.
I am quitting oral min.
Even 1.25mg gives me horrible sides.
Trying topical as a last resort. If i'll get the racoon eyes I need another growth stimulant.

Never tought I would be looking at rosemary/peppermint oil but i guess here we are lol

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update from me again.
I am quitting oral min.
Even 1.25mg gives me horrible sides.
Trying topical as a last resort. If i'll get the racoon eyes I need another growth stimulant.

Never tought I would be looking at rosemary/peppermint oil but i guess here we are lol
I had pretty significant facial affects (eye bags) initially but those sides seem to have really waned about 6 months in. It's possible your side will diminish if you continue therapy, but you have to decided when it's just too much. I have been using higher doses - about 10-20 mg daily.

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had pretty significant facial affects (eye bags) initially but those sides seem to have really waned about 6 months in. It's possible your side will diminish if you continue therapy, but you have to decided when it's just too much. I have been using higher doses - about 10-20 mg daily.
It's the fatigue that really gets me. I do not only look very tired. I feel tired as well.
For a young man traveling the world, this is just not optimal. I'm still a NW1 but want a bit more density. I am in a good spot for a couple years and have the money for a good hair transplant doctor when it's necessary.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i am confused what is the most potent way to take oral minoxidil 1)drinking the liquid?? 2)using the liquid sublingual?? 3)Taking pills orally or 4)taking pills sublingually?? i have been taking 10 mg oral minoxidil pills and 10 mg liquid sunlingual!! not a single side so far..But i would like to know the most potent way to take oral minoxidil

Last edited:

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No side effects at all on 10mg oral min is highly unusual considering how powerful the drug is. Where are you sourcing the pills from?

I would think taking pill form orally or “drinking” the liquid would be most potent since that provides the best chance for conversion to the active form because a high percentage of the population has the sult1a1 enzyme in the liver. Perhaps you are one of the few who do not produce enough enzyme? Try topical min plus Tretinoin.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No side effects at all on 10mg oral min is highly unusual considering how powerful the drug is. Where are you sourcing the pills from?

I would think taking pill form orally or “drinking” the liquid would be most potent since that provides the best chance for conversion to the active form because a high percentage of the population has the sult1a1 enzyme in the liver. Perhaps you are one of the few who do not produce enough enzyme? Try topical min plus Tretinoin.
I use custom made minoxidil pills from my pharmacy and also i drink from the liquid!! I also apply topical,But is the pill the same as the liquid using orally?

Last edited: