My Multi-approach Natural Treatment To Treat My Hair Loss

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, Stemoxydine makes sh*t, but smells amazing!

I just prepared another batch (2 pills, diluted in ~20-25ml, supposed to last for 5 days), put first one in scalp, and it smell absolutely delicious! It's a blessing to smell that good every time you put finas on your scalp and maybe it will create positive association finas=good and so I don't get sides a man can dream :D

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys!

So it's been 2 months with topical finasteride (5.5 months with minoxidil) and felt I should make an update.

My shedding has almost completely or completely stopped. I think I am very slowly gaining back some hairs. I can appreciate a little bit of regrowth, but seems to be a veeery slow process. Lots of baby hairs in the temples. It's not something spectacular, but I think if you pay some attention you can clearly notice some difference with how I was right before starting minoxidil last november. Next post will come with some pics.

So basically little after starting topical finas I "felt" I didn't need my homemade serum anymore. So I stopped applying it.

Things have been well since then. About 2 weeks ago, I stopped applying finas for 2 days, and on the third day some itch appeared. Sometimes my hair is a little bit itchy, especially on the back part, but I think that's just because, unlike with the serum, I tend to concentrate the topical finas on the hairline (my idea is I want as much finas as possible on the follicles that matter the most while keeping the least possible goin into my blood stream, not sure if it makes sense).

Shedding has been very minimal. It has been like the first month with minoxidil after the initial shedding, when I was shedding zero hairs, so now maybe not zero but very very close to zero, really.

My hair feels "healthy". It feels kind of okay. Cannot explain better. Less greasy overall, too.

Sexual side effects: none that I have noticed. Libido is high as last months, erections are the same.
Mental side effects: my cognition seems to be the same haha not sure about depression, but that might be the quarantine lol
I haven't felt any physical side effects.

So everything is good. Will continue with topical finas and eventually (probably when I finish the next 2 bottles of Regaine that I still have, 3.5 have lasted 5.5 months, so I'm not using a lot anyways) will slowly look into quitting minoxidil. Will be careful, though. minoxidil might be doing a lot of effect, and I still don't know for sure how good topical finas has been. I have already reduced to about 1ml per day minoxidil, just apply on the hairline and not much further.

If no further sides appear, I will continue topical finas lifetime, and hopefully won't have to apply minoxidil or anything else in the future, just topical finasteride once a day, which by the way is much cleaner to apply than minoxidil.

So my current treatment as of right now is:

-Topical finas everyday, about 0.5mg pill crushed into Stemoxydine, focusing mainly on the hairline. I use microneedling Derminator 0.25mm right before applying. I usually crush 3-4 pills into 15-20ml Stemoxydine (I try to save on stemoxydine, this sh*t is expensive), and that's good for a week.
-Topical minoxidil, about 1ml, focusing mainly on the hairline.
-Hair restoration laboratories shampoo, often, maybe 3-4 times a week. Once a week I add some keto 1% shampoo.

I have also stopped the Derminator 1.5mm sessions in the last month or month and a half, but that's just my laziness from the quarantine lol I will eventually come back.

I won't encourage anyone (esp on this subforum) to use topical finasteride, but I will just advice to keep an open mind and to take a close look at the studies. To the best of my knowledge, no sexual side effects whatsoever were found in any of the studies. And I'm the biggest hater of "Big pharma", but the fact that you can find some 5mg generic finasteride for about 10€ for 30 5mg pills, which is enough supply for almost a full year, is something. Not because of the money, but I wish I would come back to last June when I started researching and started directly applying topical finas.

Alright, hope this might be helpful for some, I will be back in a few weeks and post some pics and continue to update on my progress. Still not in the clear about sides (2 months only, after all), still applying 0.5mg per day or less, still somewhat worried that they will eventually appear, but promising results so far!

platelets

My Regimen
Reaction score
I might try topical finasteride. currently on Zix and adenosin for 7 months. Have you tried liposomal topical finasteride? i hear it has less systemic abosorption.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermarolling with 0.5 mg sounds like it will have similar consequences to oral 1 mg. Great that you are doing well on it though!

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I might try topical finasteride. currently on Zix and adenosin for 7 months. Have you tried liposomal topical finasteride? i hear it has less systemic abosorption.

Any benefits from Zix+Adenosin?

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score

I have just done it, and it looks like it might be a good vehicle for finas? I'm very interested in hearing more about it, where can I get it, etc... Serioxyl seems to be doing a good job at least as solvent, but it's very expensive for what it really does, so I am very interested in hearing more!

I tried zix for a short time, and in my homemade topical I usually included Zinc sulfate, I just stopped doing it out of laziness I guess lol because somehow I felt I didn't need the topical anymore (I was shedding very little, my head wasn't itchy at all and felt healthy overall). I hope you're doing well with Zix+adenosine!

Dermarolling with 0.5 mg sounds like it will have similar consequences to oral 1 mg. Great that you are doing well on it though!

Well, I just went with this logic: people dermaroll 0.25-0.5mm for Minoxidil better absorption in the skin (while not going into the blood stream), and that minoxidil can cause real problems if it goes systemic, so I figured out the same would apply for finas and if I just dermarolled 0.25mm or 0.5mm I would be safe. Thanks! So far going well :)

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
2 years have passed!

My hair has been great for 2 years, haven't lost much. But this year I stopped serioxyl + finas for some reason and I have lost a little bit. I stopped for about 6 months. Have kept Minoxidil, oh also in that period stopped minoxidil too for about 2 months big mistake.

So I can confirm topical minoxidil + topical finas works! No side effects also, gonna go back to minoxidil + serioxyl/finas and add some 0.25mm dermaroling!

Good luck all.