My Multi-approach Natural Treatment To Treat My Hair Loss

EP93

My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently made a DIY Hairmetto serum which is water based and not as greasy. It feels nice on the scalp because it's lighter than the oil and doesn't feel nearly as greasy. Here's what I added:

Saw Palmetto: 800 mg (soft gel capsules poked open and squeezed out)
Stinging nettle extract: 600 mg
Boiled water: 12 ml
Peppermint EO: 12 drops
Rosemary EO: 12 drops
Aloe Vera gel: 5 ml

As with the oil, I'll provide an update after a few months. I've been using the oil 5-6 nights per week for almost a month now and now that I have the serum I'll use it 3-4 times per week and the oil 2-3 times per.

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE AFTER 5 MONTHS:
(for further references look in previous posts)

My current treatment:

1-Shampoo/Conditioner

Same. Hair Restoration laboratories shampoo about 2-3x week (have diminished frequency), adding about 1x/week some keto shampoo

2-Oral treatments:

Amitamin Hair Plus:
Remember I said I had discontinued to use it? Big mistake!!
If there is one thing in these last 2 months that has helped, I think it's this supplement! I experience weakening of hair after discontinuing to use it.

I haven't taken anything else orally, just this supplement.

3-Topical treatments

3.1-My serum formula

I have kept it more simple, also less oily which I like. Just that:

Distilled water 90%

Extracts 5%:
Caffeine
Reishi Mushroom extract
Amitamin Hair plus extract (about half pill of each)

Oils 5%:
Peppermint essential oil (about 20 drops)
Saw Palmetto extract (1 pill, sometimes 2)

It's simple, and it's not oily. If I put vit E, vit D, grape seed extract,... it's really oily and I don't think it's even healthy for my hair. That mix works for me. It also feels good to the scalp.

I apply about 2-3x week

3.2-The ordinary Multi-peptide hair serum

Can't say much about it, been using it for 2-3 weeks and it has good moisturizing effect, hair looks great and a little brownish/blondish, I like it, but it's too soon to tell anything about results. Have been shedding very little lately.

Oh, I just apply to the hairline and a little bit on the inside, but don't apply to the whole scalp (at least not every time).

I apply almost every day at night.

3.3-Onion juice

I apply about... once a week.

4-Derminator

Pretty good so far with the 1.75-2mm every 10 days, I'm a little afraid to go beyond 2mm :D

Edit: forgot to mention that I add ascorbic acid (vit. C) to the scalp a couple times the days before microneedling session. It's recommended in the Derminator website so who knows, maybe it helps. I purchased from the ordinary website, the 100% ascorbic acid, really inexpensive.

And that's it!

RESULTS

Pretty happy with results!

I've been shedding very little in the last 5-6 weeks, and actually my hair is stronger. I can feel it (I shed less), it itchess less, but also can see it. I see how more and more of my shedding hairs are thicker. I see in the mirror thicker baby terminal hairs growing.

Also, the itching has almost completely stopped. I felt more itching for a couple days about 2 weeks ago, after being for 3-4 days away from home and not having taken neither the oral Amitamin supplement, neither my scalp serum, neither the multi-peptide. It stopped after coming home and applying my serum and taking the amitamin pills.

I mentioned in the last message that I had removed something in my treatment which was doing good effect, because my shedding was worse, and my guess is it was the oral Amitamin hair plus pills. I cannot confirm obviously, but that's my personal guess that it is really doing something.

Overall I feel very happy about the treatment. I haven't experienced much regrowth for now, actually it got worse, and now it's slowly improving. Right now it's same as in may/june, at the beginning of the treatment, maybe a little bit better. When I compare pictures (will upload in a moment) with a few months ago, my hair looks similar as to june at the beginning of the treatment as I say, and I'd be happy if I got to keep this amount of hair.

(I'm also happy the Minoxidil I ordered from hair restoration laboratories didn't make it through customs (I didn't order other brand, so no minoxidil for now). But I still might add it in the future just for the microneedling sessions.)

So, I feel the treatment overall is a moderate success! I have stopped losing ground (for now) after several months of slowly losing ground, and we will have to wait for regrowth, but I feel like my hair is stronger than 3-4 months ago.

Still, if I just used this treatment, I think sooner or later would continue to lose ground, so it's still in my plans to have a hair surgery :D I mentioned in the first post that I would very very likely do it anyways even if the treatment was a success, so I will try to book something with a really good surgeon for maybe next year and go back to hopefully NW0 lol

I don't think I would need more than 2000 follicles, so it won't be super expensive and can afford not going to Turkey and finding something of really good quality. I think that with transplant and this maintenance I will hopefully be able to keep as a NW0 or 1 for a good amount oy years!

So, I thank you all for reading me guys!! Will continue to update from time to time; actually I'm VERY curious (who wouldn't be after 5 f*****g months!!!) as to how far can I go with regrowth (cause I think I'm seeing regrowth!) and see how many of these motherfucking terminal hairs we can grow :cool:

Alright guys, keep rockin these motherfucking baldness!

Last edited:

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Right temple. BTW, notice the wrinkles? No? Me neither :D:D:D thanks to derminator!

Attachments

• IMG_20191003_011052.jpg
    IMG_20191003_011052.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 637
  • IMG_20191003_011249.jpg
    IMG_20191003_011249.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 662

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Left temple

Attachments

• IMG_20191003_011135.jpg
    IMG_20191003_011135.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_20191003_011217.jpg
    IMG_20191003_011217.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 451

EP93

My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently made a DIY Hairmetto serum which is water based and not as greasy. It feels nice on the scalp because it's lighter than the oil and doesn't feel nearly as greasy. Here's what I added:

Saw Palmetto: 800 mg (soft gel capsules poked open and squeezed out)
Stinging nettle extract: 600 mg
Boiled water: 12 ml
Peppermint EO: 12 drops
Rosemary EO: 12 drops
Aloe Vera gel: 5 ml

As with the oil, I'll provide an update after a few months. I've been using the oil 5-6 nights per week for almost a month now and now that I have the serum I'll use it 3-4 times per week and the oil 2-3 times per.
UPDATE on the homemade Hairmetto oil and serum:

I have been using the oil twice a week and serum four to five times per week for three months now. I've definitely noticed my scalp is less itchy which is nice. Whether or not this has a connection to hair loss, I don't know.

I think I have less hair fall but I'm not too sure. I always check my hands for hair after shampooing or conditioning in the shower but I can't tell at that point whether or not there's less. I will say however that I'm pretty sure there's less hair on my hands and in the sink after apply the oils before bed. When I started applying the oils three months ago, I would have a ton of hair in my hands and sink and now there are few enough that I could count them (probably 10-15 as opposed to maybe 40 before).

Visually I don't see a difference but I'm living in a new place and the bathroom lighting isn't as good so it's hard to be sure.

The only problem I've been having is that for the last few weeks I've been getting pimples along my hairline (back and sides only, not front thank god). These are annoying and a little painful and I assume it's from oil build up.

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright, feel like it's time for an update, haven't commented anythin for the last 4 months!

Right, so about a month after my last post from early October, I started to shed a lot more. To be honest, I didn't use Derminator for about a month, stopping early October yes, I also discontinued or minimized the use of the topical treatment, also relaxed a lot on the oral treatment (I moved to a different city, and was quite busy those weeks). I don't remember what else from the treatment did I stop doing. But my hair felt shitty, greasy, itchy, etc.

I shedded a lot, lost a lot of hair during the next 4-6 weeks. At that point, as some might remember, have already commented that would anyways look for a hair transplant, which is what I did. I scheduled an appointment with the best hair surgeon in my country and got lucky and didn't have to wait much. So went there, and that's when I got the bad news.

He told me I would need to use finas/minoxidil to apply for the surgery (not mandatory, but really really encouraged) because otherwise the result wouldn't be good (or at least, as good). I guess he meant that the transplanted hair doesn't grow as good when not on finas, plus the fact that you still lose non transplanted hair. I kind of knew that, at least the second part, but the first one was the first news I had, he showed me a couple pictures of his patents that hand't gone through medication and results weren't too good. I guess he showed me the worse ones, as he told me 10% went with no medical treatment so he had to have a lot more cases. Anyway, that scared me a bit. He recommended 0.5mg finas daily.

I had tried Saw palmetto a couple times, tried once more. Saw palmetto blocks DHT conversion in about 15-20%, whereas finas blocks 70%, that's why most people don't notice improvement with saw palmetto, it's simply not strong enough.
I had also always suffered some sort of minor side effects with SP, a little bit on the lower libido side, not a lot, but enough for me to notice, and I had never gone further than 1-2 weeks. This last time I also had some testicle pain, so I thought the sides were real even with a "weak finasteride".

So I pondered my options, taking into account the current state of my hair, and how I was shedding, and decided to take minoxidil topically. I started early december, it's been almost 2 months. After about 10 days or so I started to shed even more, like crazy. I had read about the minoxidil initial shedding, so I didn't freak out and abandoned the treatment, but I'm telling you it looked really bad! lol I was really really shedding a lot, every time I touched my hair, washing my hair, etc. I lost a lot of hair and looked super bald.

About a month after starting, I saw a stabilization, meaning I started shedding much less. And from then, the last month, it's been only improvement. I have regrown new hair, or dormant follicles. I'm seeing hairs where there was nothing for a long time, small hairs for now. I think at this point I have about the same hair as in the first pics I uploaded, which I think are from May or June, maybe slightly better. Definitely have some small hairs below my hairline that never were there for the last year, and definitely some improvement (I guess derminator is also helping), so I'm 100% sure minoxidil is working. I am shedding the least in the last year for sure, I am shedding very little on daily basis.

The way I use is this:

Monday night: Derminator 1.5mm / no minoxidil
Tuesday night: minoxidil (about... 1.5-2ml I take is my guess of what I apply, given how long the first bottle lasted -I don't measure it-)
Wednesday night: Derminator 0.25-0.5mm if I feel healed, if not I skip it + minoxidil
Thursday: 0.25-0.5m + minoxidil
Friday: 0.25-0.5mm + minoxidil
Saturday: 0.25-0.5mm + minoxidil
Sunday: 0.25-0.5mm + minoxidil
Monday: 1.5mm / no minoxidil

Side notes:
I take it only 1x/day, 2x a day I think is a waste of time given it lasts about 21-22 hours.

Side effects:
-I'm not experiencing any side effects: no headache, no dizziness, no itchiness, nothing, really. Only once I used derminator a little bit too deep 0.75 used it after and felt something, but probably was the anxiety of thinking I was going to die for putting minoxidil systemic lol but other than that, on normal days 0.5mm, no problem, zero sides. I use the foam, Regaine, which has no propylene glycol which is what itches for most people. It also dries real quick, in about 20 minutes. I will consider buying Regaxidil because of price and for a potential add of topical finasteride (more on this later).
-Oh I did forget to mention that I did experience some side effects on the eyes: some ocular effusion, some red veins other days, etc. That also worried me, but since then and it's been about 2 weeks, I am washing my hands with soap after applying minoxidil and have had zero issues.
-I'm a little bit worried though about the long term side effects in the face: accelerated aging/wrinkles, I normally use some moisturizing cream/oil etc on the face on a daily basis, but I will ponder this as it worries me!
-I have more face hair too lol, some small hairs close to the eye area, more eyelashes too lol no big deal
-It's really not a lot of problem to use it daily, it's just 5 minutes, but you gotta be careful with where you put your hands, and maybe your hair too, so I think it's better to just apply 30 minutes before sleep if you can and then wash with water (and don't forget to wash your hands again).

I think that's all about the minoxidil experience so far.

More stuff:

I have been continuing to use my topical serum. It feels good on my scalp and prevents itchiness. minoxidil didn't prevent that, for the first month on minoxidil I didn't use much of my topical serum and my scalp did itch a little bit.
More about itchiness: I felt for that month that I had trapped grease/sebum on my follicles. I could press and feel some discomfort/pain, and I know that is sebum because is the same feeling as when I had/have a grease pimple in the face for example. I did take care of it, by applying pressure and moving the scalp, sort of like a scalp massage. I felt grease across the whole scalp, whereas I mostly used to feel it in the upper/back part of it. I think this releasing sebum from the scalp is a good thing.
I also think my serum does some good for the scalp. I usually apply it a couple times throughout the day.

Now I have a better understanding on male pattern baldness, understand the difference between DHT blocker which yes I think is the root cause for baldness, and growth stimulators like minoxidil.

I am going to try finasteride topical, starting soon. I will proceed same as with saw palmetto, at the smallest sympton I will stop it. I have used and my topical serum has saw palmetto, and never had any problem. There was one study with topical finas that reflected a 5% reduction in DHT serum, who knows if it will be true. At least I will try and report here.

My end goal would be to stop minoxidil, one way or the other, without losing a bunch of hair. Maybe a good idea would be to stabilize with topical finas, then leave minoxidil, then have the surgery, and then keep my life with topical finas? I'm kind of sad that I "had" to start using minoxidil, but I was shedding like a motherfucker beyond reasonable levels at that point, losing a bunch of hair, so from my point of view, at that moment I don't think I had much of a choice. If I knew what I know now about hair loss, I would have probably started trying finas topic first, a year ago or so, before anything else, and seeing how my body reacted to it (maybe it will give me sides anyways). I always read sh*t about topical finas, but it turns out it wasn't that bad?

So, that's it.

Just to finish, my routine as of now is:

minoxidil + 0.5mm Derminator 1x/day
Topical serum (saw palmetto, reishi mushroom, caffeine, taurine, green tea, peppermint oil, not sure if I forget some, but these are the main ones) 1x/day
Same Shampoo as before, keeps feeling good on the scalp, also adding regenepure with ketoconazol once a week, 4x/week
Derminator 1x/week, about 1.5mm (I bleed a little bit more now btw, probably due to minoxidil?)
"Extracting" the sebum from the hair "manually", by applying pressure, about 1x month, or when needed I guess

Will start soon finas topic, let's see if my libido goes to sh*t and my testicles hurt like motherfuckers lol

Will coninue to report. Thanks for reading :)

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck! My only concern is it might be too oily, good quality PSO is oily as f***. It's an absolute mess!

And maybe you can add caffeine to your homemade hairmetto. It's really cheap, there is a lot of research on it, and it's absorbed pretty well.

It looks amazing... compared to a NWIII haha, it has definitely receaded in the last year, and also it has receaded a little bit in the last 4 months. And hairs overall are thinner. The first pic I updated on these thread would be amazing if yesterday's pics were the first ones and the first ones were yesterdays, if you know what I mean lol. I've lost hairs. I can't see as many vellus hairs and terminal hairs are less thick!

I don't know the reason, might be the supplements, might be derminator with less depth, might be less scalp massages/hair down, might be less time in the shower with the shampoo/conditioner in my head, might be stress too? Stress is hard to measure. I don't think stress has been worse in the last 2 months, so the only changes were less time with shampoo, Amitamin (the hair supplement) and softer dermastamp.

I could DEFINITELY notice how my shedding hairs had less volume in the last month, I could see previous to that more thickness in them.

Do you use Derminator? I don't notice any of the problems you mention. Derminator is good, try it, it's 200€ and you can use it for many years.

Do you use literal caffeine supplements which come in capsule form? I’ve heard that it didn’t dissolve properly.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great update and remember you can also try zix for maintenance instead of fina or minoxidil.

I think he did to no avail.

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey again!

Yes I've used caffeine like capsules (not pills) teared open. I guess caffeine is caffeine? If you have more info I'm all ears!

Can't say the caffeine is doing anything or not, the only thing in the serum that I can actually feel doing something is the Peppermint oil. The rest clearly is making some effect, as it is definitely helping a lot with itching and my hair always felt good when using it consistently. The month I stopped using it I sheded way more, actually I was looking at some pics from late November, just before starting minoxidil, and it already looked super bad haha so I lost some ground in that 6 weeks from last update and diminishing in use of basically all parts of my treatment.

Now about the serum and by the way, I have used about the same quantity on each component, so my serum is the same, only now I dilute it into more water and I think it doesn't leave the scalp too dryish or feeling "bad", and I don't even need to wash it much, just some water a few hours later maybe. That's also the problem I had with Zix, it left my scalp too dry. I have also added from time to time B6 and zinc in the serum, but not always, the ones I have always used have been reishi mushroom, saw palmetto and caffeine. They have decent literature behind and didn't leave my scalp "bad".

Last days I can even see bigger difference, and I think I'm already better than first pics in May/June, I will go on holidays for a couple weeks and after I will make some pics and also will likely start with topical finas.

Also, final note, I remain convinced there's gotta be a natural solution, even though I went towards big pharma haha. Topical, natural DHT blockers have to be the way to go until a total cure comes up! Who knows, after all maybe the topical saw palmetto and reishi mushroom extract are actually doing something

Thanks for reading!

Bornwithacurse225

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like that shampoo but I wouldn’t put all those perservatives and chemicals on my head

I wouldn’t trust someone who adds artificial fragrance and perservatives and other chemicals with my already ruined hair

EP93

My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE on the homemade Hairmetto oil and serum:

I have been using the oil twice a week and serum four to five times per week for three months now. I've definitely noticed my scalp is less itchy which is nice. Whether or not this has a connection to hair loss, I don't know.

I think I have less hair fall but I'm not too sure. I always check my hands for hair after shampooing or conditioning in the shower but I can't tell at that point whether or not there's less. I will say however that I'm pretty sure there's less hair on my hands and in the sink after apply the oils before bed. When I started applying the oils three months ago, I would have a ton of hair in my hands and sink and now there are few enough that I could count them (probably 10-15 as opposed to maybe 40 before).

Visually I don't see a difference but I'm living in a new place and the bathroom lighting isn't as good so it's hard to be sure.

The only problem I've been having is that for the last few weeks I've been getting pimples along my hairline (back and sides only, not front thank god). These are annoying and a little painful and I assume it's from oil build up.
I've now been using my homemade "Hairmetto" oil and serum for 6 months. I use each about 3 times a week. I must say I am disappointed as I can't see any regrowth but it certainly doesn't appear to be any worse and my scalp is less itchy so at least there's that. I am now derma rolling every week alternating between a 0.5 mm and 1.0 mm roller. I'll keep going with my oils for a full year (until August) but am thinking of adding onion juice 2-3 times a week.

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there! Some update on my end.

So it's been 3 months and a half using minoxidil. It's time to put some pics.

Maybe in the pics you cannot see super well, but I think you can see it was "bad" at the end november, december was even worse with the minoxidil shedding, and after that maybe you can appreciate a clear improvement, starting about mid January, and it's the most obvious at the end of February.

Now I have relaxed a bit on the Minoxidil, probably lowering the dose a bit, and not using Derminator as often as before, so maybe there might be some shedding. I think I don't have as great hair as 2-3 weeks ago but maybe it's hard to say. What I can say is that I have experiencied a little bit more shedding (for 2 months or so, almost zero shedding, it was crazy).

More on the next post.

Attachments

• 1 october.png
    1 october.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 321
  • 16 november.png
    16 november.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 351
  • 2 december.png
    2 december.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 330
  • 2 december.png
    2 december.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 311
  • 26 december.png
    26 december.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 312
  • 13 january.png
    13 january.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 312
  • 13 february.png
    13 february.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 320
  • 24 february.png
    24 february.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 334
  • 3 march.png
    3 march.png
    38 KB · Views: 327
  • 14 march.png
    14 march.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 338

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
So anyway (sorry for the bad quality of the pics from previous post), working or not, I knew I have to do something with DHT, as minoxidil improvement will eventually fade and I will end up worsening.

So this week I have started topical finasteride.

Dose is going to be about 0.5mg, applied topicaly, for the first 2 weeks. Finasteride lowers DHT for about 2 weeks after you take it, so it makes sense to have a low dose first. After 2 weeks I will reevaluate if I continue with it or not, and after maybe a month or so, if I experience no sides, I will consider putting a little bit more.

This is the literature on topical finasteride, systematic review of the 7 studies so far on topical finasteride, I recommend you to read it:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6609098/

As you can see, results are promising, and I took note in particular on one study that said that the 0.22 and 0.45mg daily gave no side effects:

"In the second part, a group of 32 men received either placebo, or 100 μL (0.2275mg), 200 μL (0.455 mg), 300 μL (0.6285 mg) or 400 μL (0.91 mg) topical FNS 0.25% solution to apply to the scalp once daily for seven days. Interestingly, the results suggest that once daily application of topical FNS is more efficacious at decreasing scalp and plasma DHT levels than twice daily application, and is non-inferior to oral FNS administration. There was no significant differences noted between the varying concentrations of topical FNS, however 300 and 400 μL doses are associated with higher plasma concentrations of FNS, and therefore at greater risk for systemic side effects. Presyncope, conjunctivitis, headache, and oropharyngeal pain were rarely reported. The authors concluded that 100 and 200 μL doses of topical FNS applied daily may be the most effective treatment regimen for Androgenetic Alopecia.13"

So it seems like 0.445 might be relatively safe, and maybe even the most effective dosis. Also, some finas goes to the plasma, and of course the higher the topical application, the more it goes in the plasma. As you can read, some side effects reported, none of them regarding the typical libido, etc.

I will take 0.5mg daily for the first 2 weeks and reevaluate. I will monitor a little bit on the libido, erection quality, etc.

I mix it in Stemoxydine, it is called Serioxyl, and seems to be a good solvent for finasteride. Apparently it also has some minor proteries for regrowth.

Ideally, I would see no side effects, some stabilization and possibly some regrowth. If that happens, i would think about eventually dropping minoxidil. Let's see!

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great to hear, that you are actually worried about your hormonal balance and not willing to try finasteride orally. I tried fina & duta orally, and faced a substantial decrease in my libido with ED. Also, I would suggest to use Min with care as even applying topical might have severe effects on your face.
Just to add to your natural route, have you tried Ecklonia cava as a topical route? I am using it with Emu oil by mixing EC powder in it and is at least helping me maintain. To balance DHT internally, I am taking stinging nettle with pygeum bark suppliments, which has actually increased my libido (but too early to say if it had done any regrowth).

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are these severe effects on the face of minoxidil?? I tried to do some research but didn't find much, are studies out there or some sort of explanation?

I haven't tried Ecklonia cava, and I don't use oils, I know emu oil is really good for absorption but I really don't like putting a lot of oil in my scalp since it's already somewhat oily (I guess due to DHT), so the only oil my serum has is saw palmetto.

If by internally you mean orally, I have taken saw palmetto a few times, but every time I got some sort of sides related to libido, so it's gotta be a no for me...

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5028441/ - so here they mentioned about reported cases and concluding about further long term studies. However, apart from scalp irritation & wrinkles, there were also implications on heart rate. I totally understand that this is minor and cannot be a side effect observed in everyone. But I also believe that such side effects can be seen after long term duration, which because of the life long usage of minoxidil, cannot be avoided.

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5028441/ - so here they mentioned about reported cases and concluding about further long term studies. However, apart from scalp irritation & wrinkles, there were also implications on heart rate. I totally understand that this is minor and cannot be a side effect observed in everyone. But I also believe that such side effects can be seen after long term duration, which because of the life long usage of minoxidil, cannot be avoided.

Well,
1-In that study, the authors are just referring to one anecdotal case, btw I can't see how in the world a study that talks about one single anecdotal case could possibly be published, and their case (again, one single case!) is simply that the patient was young and had no preexisting conditions. Also, the guy was reporting he was using 120ml/month (I'm using about 3/4 bottle a month, or about 45ml). I would give zero fucks to this "study".

2-About scalp irritation, it is widely known to be caused by propylene glycol, an agent that some minoxidil producers include (I use regaine in foam form, it doesn't contain PG).

3-And about the wrinkles, still very interested in reading some study/evidecente as I haven't found anything.

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don’t you try the octa Sabal plus formula? The true cure

The true cure??? Sorry but I almost laughed when reading this! I did read that PSO study, which, by the way I think it was made by the same company that produced the oca sabal thing, and wouldn't call some improvement in hair count (plus no improvement in thickness relative to control group) on a random study with 70 koreans "the true cure" haha I would need to see much larger studies to consider something as the true cure. They also didn't make any measure of scalp or plasma DHT... and that study is from 2014, I guess if it was that good with no sides everybody would be taking those pills by now...

Now, about the topica finas, I mixed 2 mg (2 pills) in about 15ml of Serioxyl. I have applied it once daily for the first 4 days (about 4ml each day, about 0.5mg of daily finas), and now I have taken 2 days of rest. Nothing conclusive in libido/erections, no testicular pain neither, but I'm treating very carefuly. I don't want to apply more than 2.5-3mg per week for now.

Goal would be in these first 3-4 weeks to apply about 0.25-0.5mg daily, so about 2-3 pills per week, and monitor results, not obsessing with sides and hoping there are none. I had minor sides (lower libido) the 3 times I tried oral saw palmetto, that went away every time after discontinuing.

I know that in the 7 studies in the topical finas meta-analysis I shared last week, there were actually no side effects. But also there is not a whole ton of research on it (total of these studies sample was about 200 men), and actually one of the studies showed that after 7 days of 1mg topical application of finas, DHT plasma was reduced in about 70% (in this same study, the same 70% reduction was also obtained using oral finas 1mg). Somewhat a concern, cause that's the same plasma reduction as taken orally (it is well known that oral finas 1mg reduces DHT by about 70%), but it's also true that they used 1mg per day, because another study showed that dose matters: in other study, subjects had a 25% DHT plasma reduction with 0.22-0.45mg/daily, and about a 50% DHT plasma reduction with 0.66-0.9mg/daily. This same study also showed about 50% scalp DHT reduction (similar in all 4 doses), which is great news.

Ideally, we would like to reduce DHT scalp moderately, while not experiencing the sides that go with very high DHT plasma reductions, so as I say I'm treating very carefully, but moderately optimistic.

By the way, price of the treatment for one week would be 2€ for the 3 finas pills, plus 7€ for the (30ml) Serioxyl, so about 9€. I could get cheaper finas if I got a Proscar prescription (2€/week is cheap, though), and I could also find another vehicle for the solvent, because this Stemoxydine sh*t smells good and I've read it's a good solvent, but its effects are sh*t (I just researched):

Study was made by guess who, loreal, which is the manufacturer, and the results seem very very poor, so eventually might get rid of it too if I find something that works (minoxidil in liquid version with no propyleneglycol I'm thinking). This is the study by L'Oreal:

"Results: In the three studies, after 3 month treatment, the results showed a significant increase in hair density with Stemoxydine® 5% versus vehicle, without any difference in telogen percentage.

1a) Stemoxydine® +4.5% versus control -0.3% (P=0.04)

1b) Stemoxydine® +11% versus control +7% (P=0.029)

2) Stemoxydine® +8% versus control +4% (P=0.036)"

I mean, it's about ~5% increase in hair count vs control, not sure if it's even statistically relevant... I guess octa sabal plus IS the real cure, at least compared to that hahaha

Will update in 1 or 2 weeks. Stay tuned! :)