My Multi-approach Natural Treatment To Treat My Hair Loss

INT

Reaction score
Thank you for your not backed up on anything opinion. The fact that this subforum is about natural treatments doesn't mean you should come here and make random claims with no scientific studies behind them. Cause if that was the case I could say for example that in the zix thread (and I read it all) there is waaaay more people on whom zix had a neutral or even negative effect than a positive one lol

But that would just be anecdotal evidence, so I wouldn't go to that thread and tell them stop putting that goddamn zix on their scalp cause it ain't gonna work! Which is what you did here.

So... scientific backup on your claims or gtfo

As you can see, I am already a member here for a decade. I am also a member of two other international hair loss message boards, a dutch one, and a German one so I have literally hundreds of cases where people used one or more of the compounds you want to use and I have never ever seen a user saying that it yielded him good long term results. Sure they are all anecdotes but when you combine the two factors: lack of scientific backup + lack of efficacy from anecdotal repots... then that number 99% is starting to look pretty plausible.

Zix has some science behind it. Not much, I give you that, but still more than most of the things you post. Besides the main zix topic on here there are literally dozens of topics on the internet where people have results from zix. For literally each of all the things you post (except for the mushroom thing) I have already looked into their efficacy individually in my quest for a working alternative treatments. Whether it is anecdotes, mechanistic data, or whatever... It is all very very unconvincing.

INT

Reaction score
Also the fact that you don't know a natural treatment or that it is not yet discovered or maybe that it's been discovered but not published for economical interests, doesn't mean there cannot be one.

Sure maybe cow sh*t does regrow here but the 'vegan agenda' paid to burry these results, who knows. I cannot prove that that could not theoretically be true. Till that time, I am just going to stick with the idea that cow sh*t does not regrow hair...

Saw palmetto side effects related to PFS... anything beyond anecdotal?? Come here and show some studies.

I was making a point that saw palmetto DOES have a hormonal effect and you were under the impression that your regimen would not affect your hormones. PFS is not officially recognized as a medical condition but with the growing evidence that it is actually a thing I am sure that it will will be soon. PFS is caused by 5 AR inhibitors, saw palmetto = a 5 AR inhibitor.

So making claims like those will only confuse people further. Don't do that, at least here.

You are here for a few days and you are telling a senior member how to post here? Interesting.

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Until that day, we only have scientific research, so that's what I do.
Sure maybe cow sh*t does regrow here but the 'vegan agenda' paid to burry these results, who knows. I cannot prove that that could not theoretically be true. Till that time, I am just going to stick with the idea that cow sh*t does not regrow hair...

I was making a point that saw palmetto DOES have a hormonal effect and you were under the impression that your regimen would not affect your hormones. PFS is not officially recognized as a medical condition but with the growing evidence that it is actually a thing I am sure that it will will be soon. PFS is caused by 5 AR inhibitors, saw palmetto = a 5 AR inhibitor.

You are here for a few days and you are telling a senior member how to post here? Interesting.

Well basically this is a journal where I'm relating what treatments I'm going undertaking, and have been and will report results in time. It's not my duty to backup any of my treatments, I already did that research for myself and if someone feels interested all has to do is research online. I haven't asked anybody to follow any of my crap. I'm not here to convince anybody.

I do it in a kind of engaging way, so if someone has tried X and would like to recommend, or if someone wants to post some new study or some whatever study, or this didn't work for me. Etc. I'm all fine. Androgenetic Alopecia is very complex and I don't think there is something that works for everybody. Like finasteride.

Now coming and telling me none of that nonsense will work, give up. All without claims. Well the world is full of people like this already, so I don't care if you've been here a year a decade or all your life... please gtfo, I will continue reporting my nonsense treatment. It's a matter of education and of knowing where the place for something is and is not. You are the one telling people what to do, not me. So simply back your claims or gtfo its very simple

INT

Reaction score
Until that day, we only have scientific research, so that's what I do.

Well basically this is a journal where I'm relating what treatments I'm going undertaking, and have been and will report results in time. It's not my duty to backup any of my treatments, I already did that research for myself and if someone feels interested all has to do is research online. I haven't asked anybody to follow any of my crap. I'm not here to convince anybody.

I do it in a kind of engaging way, so if someone has tried X and would like to recommend, or if someone wants to post some new study or some whatever study, or this didn't work for me. Etc. I'm all fine. Androgenetic Alopecia is very complex and I don't think there is something that works for everybody. Like finasteride.

Now coming and telling me none of that nonsense will work, give up. All without claims. Well the world is full of people like this already, so I don't care if you've been here a year a decade or all your life... please gtfo, I will continue reporting my nonsense treatment. It's a matter of education and of knowing where the place for something is and is not. You are the one telling people what to do, not me. So simply back your claims or gtfo its very simple

Jesus dude, I was just trying to save you money, time and disappointment. Good luck regardless. I hope you are also man enough to come back here to tell people when you have no results.

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol it's not about being man enough. It's simply an experiment, it's me trying the best I can to avoid going bald, and maybe helping other people in the process if the results are a success. I doubt most people are as obsessive as myself about following treatment, I'm giving it an honest try, and yes will continue to spend some money and time (money is really not much, most supplements are cheap and last a lot in topical version).

I already mentioned that even if the treatment was somewhat a success and I end up not losing more ground in let's say 2 years, I still might end up doing hair trasplant anyways, so for me it's not about being right or wrong, and I don't think there is anything manly or womanly in being right or wrong lol

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
As you can see, I am already a member here for a decade. I am also a member of two other international hair loss message boards, a dutch one, and a German one so I have literally hundreds of cases where people used one or more of the compounds you want to use and I have never ever seen a user saying that it yielded him good long term results. Sure they are all anecdotes but when you combine the two factors: lack of scientific backup + lack of efficacy from anecdotal repots... then that number 99% is starting to look pretty plausible.

Zix has some science behind it. Not much, I give you that, but still more than most of the things you post. Besides the main zix topic on here there are literally dozens of topics on the internet where people have results from zix. For literally each of all the things you post (except for the mushroom thing) I have already looked into their efficacy individually in my quest for a working alternative treatments. Whether it is anecdotes, mechanistic data, or whatever... It is all very very unconvincing.

And regarding that, that I forgot before... sure, if you put caffeine in your scal it will help blood reach to it. "lack of scientific backup"? Wrong. There is scientific backup for that.

Going back, if you use caffeine and only caffeine as your treatment against hair loss, it might be that it works, but chances are that it won't be enough. I think balding is not a one cause issue, and I also think that it's not a one-fit-all cause, for some people main cause of balding might be a reason (let's say... DHT), for others might be a different reason. That's why not everybody responds to finasteride, as I mentioned before. And that's why I understand how zix alone could work for some minor % of population, but not for most.

So when you put a bunch of treatments WITH SCIENTIFIC BACKUP (I think that part you didn't get it), and actually put a lot of them altogether... then your odds might not be as bad! And that's what I'm trying to do. All or almost all stuff I'm using has some level of scientific research behind.

Reactions: INT

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
That being said, I apologize for my manners. I still stand to everything I said, but not to the way I said it, my manners were rude and harsh and I apologize to you for that. I'm sorry.

INT

Reaction score
lol it's not about being man enough. It's simply an experiment, it's me trying the best I can to avoid going bald, and maybe helping other people in the process if the results are a success. I doubt most people are as obsessive as myself about following treatment, I'm giving it an honest try, and yes will continue to spend some money and time (money is really not much, most supplements are cheap and last a lot in topical version).

I already mentioned that even if the treatment was somewhat a success and I end up not losing more ground in let's say 2 years, I still might end up doing hair trasplant anyways, so for me it's not about being right or wrong, and I don't think there is anything manly or womanly in being right or wrong lol

You are aware that ´man enough to (...) is just an expression?

INT

Reaction score
And regarding that, that I forgot before... sure, if you put caffeine in your scal it will help blood reach to it. "lack of scientific backup"? Wrong. There is scientific backup for that.

Going back, if you use caffeine and only caffeine as your treatment against hair loss, it might be that it works, but chances are that it won't be enough. I think balding is not a one cause issue, and I also think that it's not a one-fit-all cause, for some people main cause of balding might be a reason (let's say... DHT), for others might be a different reason. That's why not everybody responds to finasteride, as I mentioned before. And that's why I understand how zix alone could work for some minor % of population, but not for most.

So when you put a bunch of treatments WITH SCIENTIFIC BACKUP (I think that part you didn't get it), and actually put a lot of them altogether... then your odds might not be as bad! And that's what I'm trying to do. All or almost all stuff I'm using has some level of scientific research behind.

I am a published researcher myself so I do have some knowledge about the validity of certain researches. I am also aware of most of the studies that might suggest efficacy or at least a relation between the specific compound and male pattern baldness, but these studies do usually not score very high on the hierarchy of evidence pyramid (https://www.researchgate.net/figure...ively-integrates-the-amount-of_fig1_311504831). That, in combination with the anecdotal reports on this forum (and others) led me to my prediction. I do agree with you that baldness is not a one cause issue and the idea behind attacking it from multiple angles is also good. Again, good luck regardless and I hope you can prove me wrong.

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
So a few more comments about the topic in matter...

Saw palmetto:
I took it for 1-2 weeks and started to feel some loss of libido and perhaps somewhat weaker erections. Messing with hormones is not an option, so I discontinued, despite not being any evidence whatsoever of loss in libido/ED in any study. Just anecdotal reports and I guess logic... if finast affects alpha reductase, and saw palmetto seems to act in the same way with the prostate etc... well, saw palmetto has to give that sides too, right? And then you see some anecdotal evidence, which might very well be nocebo, etc... so I might give it another try in a few weeks and see what happens!

About the fact that for 99% the things I'm taking/making didn't work... maybe people don't apply topicals seriously or frequently enough, maybe they don't apply dermastamp enough, or give up after not seeing results for a while, maybe they don't do scalp massage seriously... I mean, some of this treatments really require some commitment, that's why again I tend to run away from anecdotal evidence. And causes can be sooo many... bad food intake, lack of some nutrient, stress/cortisol/inflammation, androgenetic receptors, high blood pressure I guess too, calfication/fibrosis,... that taking a lot of paths is what makes the most sense for me.

About the studies... yes sadly, some of them have limited evidence, or are simply fucked up, like claiming pumpking seed oil is almost the cure for hair growth, when in reality there were a bunch of other stuff in the pumpking seed extract (not oil) capsules. But it is what it is. Private laboratories are not going to research a lot of natural stuff properly, cause it takes a lot of money and then they won't be able to sell the patent... so at some point we gotta go with logic too. If vitC is an anti-imflammatory, and inflammation is a cause for hair loss, well let's put it in the scalp and let's hope it helps! At some point if you want to go on the natural way that's the only option you have I think, and you'll never know for sure what did help.

By the way, you mention you've been here for a decade and that you've been trying to go the natural way..., what is your current treatmtent if I may ask?

INT

Reaction score

Saw palmetto:
I took it for 1-2 weeks and started to feel some loss of libido and perhaps somewhat weaker erections. Messing with hormones is not an option, so I discontinued, despite not being any evidence whatsoever of loss in libido/ED in any study. Just anecdotal reports and I guess logic... if finast affects alpha reductase, and saw palmetto seems to act in the same way with the prostate etc... well, saw palmetto has to give that sides too, right? And then you see some anecdotal evidence, which might very well be nocebo, etc... so I might give it another try in a few weeks and see what happens!

About the fact that for 99% the things I'm taking/making didn't work... maybe people don't apply topicals seriously or frequently enough, maybe they don't apply dermastamp enough, or give up after not seeing results for a while, maybe they don't do scalp massage seriously... I mean, some of this treatments really require some commitment, that's why again I tend to run away from anecdotal evidence. And causes can be sooo many... bad food intake, lack of some nutrient, stress/cortisol/inflammation, androgenetic receptors, high blood pressure I guess too, calfication/fibrosis,... that taking a lot of paths is what makes the most sense for me.

About the studies... yes sadly, some of them have limited evidence, or are simply fucked up, like claiming pumpking seed oil is almost the cure for hair growth, when in reality there were a bunch of other stuff in the pumpking seed extract (not oil) capsules. But it is what it is. Private laboratories are not going to research a lot of natural stuff properly, cause it takes a lot of money and then they won't be able to sell the patent... so at some point we gotta go with logic too. If vitC is an anti-imflammatory, and inflammation is a cause for hair loss, well let's put it in the scalp and let's hope it helps! At some point if you want to go on the natural way that's the only option you have I think, and you'll never know for sure what did help.

By the way, you mention you've been here for a decade and that you've been trying to go the natural way..., what is your current treatmtent if I may ask?

The reason why I am here for such a long time already is because I was here before I was actually balding.
My dad: Bald
Maternal grandfather: Bald

Only my dad's dad still had a decent amount of hair when he died at 76. I knew what was coming for me and I wanted to do everything I could to keep my hair because it was my best physical trait. If you want to know what kind of hair, think Jon Snow (with a shittier hairline haha, even when I was only 12). I wanted to know everything I could about the topic so thatwhen the unevitable came, I would be prepared.

At 25 I started finasteride since my hair had thinned out a very little. This was a huge nightmare. After that I have experimented with hydrocortisone, nizoral, zix and sandalore. At the moment I am only using zix and my hair looks pretty good these days. My Norwood 1,5 days are behind me but I would say I am hanging in there pretty well with a NWII at the age of 28. I am lucky that I have curly coarse hair which is perfect for cover up game.

Maybe it is the zix, maybe I have permanently lowered 5AR from my finasteride nightmare (3 years later not all side effects have subsided), maybe I simply got the hair genes of my paternal grandfather (seems unlikely because then I should have gotten that from my father, who again, is bald) of maybe my natural balding proces will be somewhere in between. Fact is, that my hairline has outlived my dad's and my maternal grandfather's hairline, an at the rate I am now seeing my hair thin out (which is barely at all) I *knock on wood* might even make it into my 30's with a NWII.

EP93

My Regimen
Reaction score

Saw palmetto:

I'm sure you've seen these but check out Scott Nali's videos on YouTube. He has video of his results and he discusses his routine. I'm curious what you think of it.

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't want to make an update yet as I wanted to give it one more month, but I would like to mention that I've been applying onion juice to my scalp and it feels absolutely AMAZING.

I put about 1/2-1/3 of an onion in the blender, usually add a little bit of water to it cause otherwise it's not easy for the blender to catch it all (it's just all spread and really nothing gets cut). An alternative would be putting the whole onion, which is what I did the first time and it blends great, but that's just too much onion, but the result is the best so if you can afford it that's what I would recommend.

Once it's as close to liquid as possible I apply to the scalp and let it dry (a few hours, at least 2-3 hours). Some small pieces of onion are going to get into your scalp unless the onion it's totally blended but it's ok I think. I wash afterwards.

It feels absolutely amazing, it has a soothing effect that neither my homemade topical, the keto shampoo nor anything that I have tried so far has. I believe there is some sulfure thing in the onion which is what causes it (which also has some antibacterial properties I think), and I think that maybe it should be freshly cut? Cause when you cut is is when this thing gets released, as in the garlic; but this last part is just broscience lol and anyway, if you blend it, after a few hours it's gonna separate into two parts, same way as when you put some fruit juice on the blender. Either way, you gotta use it in the moment I feel.

The truth is it feels amazing on the scalp, I've used it for 4 times and every time my scalp feels great for the next days and I don't have any itch. Try it if you haven't, I totally recommended. Only problem is the eyes, you gotta be careful and even then you're probably still going to cry lol

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW on other unrelated, has anyone read this?

https://www.longdom.org/open-access...r-natural-hair-regrowth-2155-9554.1000138.pdf

I'm not sure if the study is super reliable, but it goes in line with other stuff that I have read which is the blood flow theory, which states that follicles die because of lack of blood flow and lack of nutrients, which is reasonable I guess.

Anyway, they are not trying to sell anything, which is a good sign.

If I interpreted correctly the results, the improve in hair was close to 100% regrowth after one year? Could someone confirm?

For me it makes also a lot of sense on the experiential level too: If I press my scalp hard, on some areas of it (especially the upper part), I feel some minor discomfort/pain, some as when you press a pimple/acne in other parts of your body (many years ago while puberty especially), that same kind of feeling. So for me, someone telling me that my scalp is full of grease I would believe them right away. Also, when a couple of years ago I was using for 2-3 months apple cider and baking soda to wash my hair and no shampoo (I think I could probably have given this treatment a little longer time), when I applied the cider to my hair, my hands got absolutely full of grease really quickly... so there gotta be some truth to the fact that grease accumulates on the scalp.

Anyway, read it and let me know what you think. I'm gonna apply the pressing from time to time :)

EP93

My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW on other unrelated, has anyone read this?

https://www.longdom.org/open-access...r-natural-hair-regrowth-2155-9554.1000138.pdf

I'm not sure if the study is super reliable, but it goes in line with other stuff that I have read which is the blood flow theory, which states that follicles die because of lack of blood flow and lack of nutrients, which is reasonable I guess.

Anyway, they are not trying to sell anything, which is a good sign.

If I interpreted correctly the results, the improve in hair was close to 100% regrowth after one year? Could someone confirm?

For me it makes also a lot of sense on the experiential level too: If I press my scalp hard, on some areas of it (especially the upper part), I feel some minor discomfort/pain, some as when you press a pimple/acne in other parts of your body (many years ago while puberty especially), that same kind of feeling. So for me, someone telling me that my scalp is full of grease I would believe them right away. Also, when a couple of years ago I was using for 2-3 months apple cider and baking soda to wash my hair and no shampoo (I think I could probably have given this treatment a little longer time), when I applied the cider to my hair, my hands got absolutely full of grease really quickly... so there gotta be some truth to the fact that grease accumulates on the scalp.

Anyway, read it and let me know what you think. I'm gonna apply the pressing from time to time :)
Unfortunately I'm not so confident in this. I'll admit my research into it has been very brief but I found these sites:
https://www.hairgrowthsos.com/detumescence-therapy.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...mescence_therapy_aka_daily_firm_head_massage/

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, basically looks like garbage haha

I read other study from some University of Napoli, and also claimed some crazy regrowth with some i dont even remember. Was going to share it here but after some more research I realized it was bullshit. This one they were not selling anything, so I thought might be good (although the poor translation to English made me doubt lol), but yeah, looks really bad.

Thank you!

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't want to make an update yet as I wanted to give it one more month, but I would like to mention that I've been applying onion juice to my scalp and it feels absolutely AMAZING.

I put about 1/2-1/3 of an onion in the blender, usually add a little bit of water to it cause otherwise it's not easy for the blender to catch it all (it's just all spread and really nothing gets cut). An alternative would be putting the whole onion, which is what I did the first time and it blends great, but that's just too much onion, but the result is the best so if you can afford it that's what I would recommend.

Once it's as close to liquid as possible I apply to the scalp and let it dry (a few hours, at least 2-3 hours). Some small pieces of onion are going to get into your scalp unless the onion it's totally blended but it's ok I think. I wash afterwards.

It feels absolutely amazing, it has a soothing effect that neither my homemade topical, the keto shampoo nor anything that I have tried so far has. I believe there is some sulfure thing in the onion which is what causes it (which also has some antibacterial properties I think), and I think that maybe it should be freshly cut? Cause when you cut is is when this thing gets released, as in the garlic; but this last part is just broscience lol and anyway, if you blend it, after a few hours it's gonna separate into two parts, same way as when you put some fruit juice on the blender. Either way, you gotta use it in the moment I feel.

The truth is it feels amazing on the scalp, I've used it for 4 times and every time my scalp feels great for the next days and I don't have any itch. Try it if you haven't, I totally recommended. Only problem is the eyes, you gotta be careful and even then you're probably still going to cry lol

Hi man, first thanks for keeping this thread updated :)
I am also using onion juice!.... along with microneedling that is. It's a very old traditional hairloss treatment in the Middle East, North Africa and possibly India. First you need to pick the correct type of onions, which kind are you using? coz there are many versions with different potency. I was told to go for what we refer to here as Indian onion, which is the kind that is slightly purplish and not the typical white one.
So how do you apply it???? I juiced about two large onions and it practically filled a small water bottle. I initially bought a dropper and started gradually placing a few drops and massaging it in, but it took forever so then I just started pouring it directly out of the bottle over my head while over the sink n massaging it in.
Suprisingly it didn't sting like I was expecting it to, and like you mentioned it does feel good. I didn't tear up all that much either, I guess it's only when u cut the onions that those chemicals come out as gases to attack your eyes.
Actually that was a recommendation by a beautician friend of mine. I was asked to place some onion juice (some garlic too if I wanted) right b4 microneedling, and some also right after. The microneedling would help with absorption. But I was a bit worried/scared so didn't follow that. Instead I applied it 2 days later.
The only problem I am having with this is the smell!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a week now and I can still smell it on my head especially if I sit in the sun or sweat a bit. So I am not sure how frequently I can do this regimen. Right now I am thinking once every 3 months is more than I can tolerate but not sure if that would be enough to have an effect. If you work in a office, I don't see this being an option. For now I only just did it once. And I microneedled 3 times so far that's about it, too soon to say. So will keep an eye on your updates to compare :)

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me the smell is nothing, maybe because of the onions I use? I just use the regular white ones, will try other types at the supermarket and see how it goes!

So yeah, I don't smell much of it even when I have it all over my head. So even less after washing my hair.

How do I apply it? Well I put less than half onion on the blender, try to blend it, usually have to add a little bit of water cause otherwise it won't blend a goddamn thing lol then pour it into a glass and apply it to my scalp. With my hands. With my eyes closed lol
Anyway I don't think it's a big mistery, just make the juice and put it in the scalp lol

I don't think once ever 3 months will make a difference whatsoever, I'm applying it 2-3 times a week and seeing how it goes, cause the soothing effect for me it lasts... for about 2-3 days.

Also dermarolling I'm going for once every 10 days more like once a week, and going for 1.25mm Derminator in the temples that have hair on it and 1.5mm on the parts I'm trying to regrow. I was shedding a bit after doing 1.5mm bloodbath the first few times, so now I'm going much easier on the parts with hair and harder on the bald parts.

Will update pics at the end of the month, still not a lot to notice but I feel hair loss hasn't advanced in the last 2 months or so. But I'm aiming for f*****g regrowth, so we'll see :D

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me the smell is nothing, maybe because of the onions I use? I just use the regular white ones, will try other types at the supermarket and see how it goes!

So yeah, I don't smell much of it even when I have it all over my head. So even less after washing my hair.

How do I apply it? Well I put less than half onion on the blender, try to blend it, usually have to add a little bit of water cause otherwise it won't blend a goddamn thing lol then pour it into a glass and apply it to my scalp. With my hands. With my eyes closed lol
Anyway I don't think it's a big mistery, just make the juice and put it in the scalp lol

I don't think once ever 3 months will make a difference whatsoever, I'm applying it 2-3 times a week and seeing how it goes, cause the soothing effect for me it lasts... for about 2-3 days.

Also dermarolling I'm going for once every 10 days more like once a week, and going for 1.25mm Derminator in the temples that have hair on it and 1.5mm on the parts I'm trying to regrow. I was shedding a bit after doing 1.5mm bloodbath the first few times, so now I'm going much easier on the parts with hair and harder on the bald parts.

Will update pics at the end of the month, still not a lot to notice but I feel hair loss hasn't advanced in the last 2 months or so. But I'm aiming for f*****g regrowth, so we'll see :D

Keep us posted. Take pics!:)