My Hair Transplants Story - Going From Nw6 To Nw2 (i Guess)

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you've mentioned it but are you taking propecia?

No I don’t. I had started a year ago, but I faced some serious side-effects (the usual) and I quitted it.

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi to all,
Some new photos of month 7 with my hairs combed back (not my usual styling but it’s interesting to see the newly hairs come up from my hairline).
See pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/hyVtt#32

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking great, you got a full head of hair now and your hairlines a solid NW1.5 or an NW1 to an untrained observer. Looking back at your starting pics though, wouldn't it be more correct to say you were a a very thin Norwood 4/5? Your hair loss pattern probably is an nw6 but you still had some hair left with a semblance of a hairline.

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking great, you got a full head of hair now and your hairlines a solid NW1.5 or an NW1 to an untrained observer. Looking back at your starting pics though, wouldn't it be more correct to say you were a a very thin Norwood 4/5? Your hair loss pattern probably is an nw6 but you still had some hair left with a semblance of a hairline.

Maybe you are right. However the hairline you see in the “bad” pictures have been created through my first hair transplant. So, most of the hairs I have in my hairline is actually transplanted hairs.

vinnytr

Reaction score
Brilliant results well happy for you man .

Where did they take the body hair from ? Just the chest ?
Can they take more body hair for future transplants if needed ?

Are you shedding at all at the moment ?

- - - Updated - - -

Also i have never seen donor hair extracted in this area right on top of the neck line before for the simple reason that those hairs
are not immune to DHT . Has this been discussed at all ?

5UZ3Ch.jpg

verlieber

Reaction score
congras free very nice results, such hair transplant worth, glad to find another successful story, I'm trying to get as same job done with Dr.Feriduni.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One of the best hair transplant's I've seen, from almost bald to an Norwood 1.5.

Brav-phucking-o!!!

:notworthy

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your kind words, you cannot imagine how happy I am when I look myself in the mirror every day.

As far as vinnytr’s questions. Yes I was aware that hairs close to the neck are not immune to DHT we have discussed that with my doctor who told me that most of the “dangerous hairs” lie bellow the usual hairline of a neck, so we’ ve decide to proceed with this extraction as I have already used most of my (rest) donor area. By the way, I have seen other extraction on the same area in other cases too from different doctors. However, this is also a concern for me as well considering that I have quit finasteride (0,5mg/day taken for a year) from last March, we will see.
Body-hairs were taken from chest and beard (1100 grafts from chest and 530 from beard ). According to my doctor, I have 600-700 grafts left in my head and I can also take another 1000 from my beard. Unfortunately, I am still shedding (periodically heavy) in my native hairs and probably I will need one more hair transplant in the near future.

vinnytr

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your kind words, you cannot imagine how happy I am when I look myself in the mirror every day.

As far as vinnytr’s questions. Yes I was aware that hairs close to the neck are not immune to DHT we have discussed that with my doctor who told me that most of the “dangerous hairs” lie bellow the usual hairline of a neck, so we’ ve decide to proceed with this extraction as I have already used most of my (rest) donor area. By the way, I have seen other extraction on the same area in other cases too from different doctors. However, this is also a concern for me as well considering that I have quit finasteride (0,5mg/day taken for a year) from last March, we will see.
Body-hairs were taken from chest and beard (1100 grafts from chest and 530 from beard ). According to my doctor, I have 600-700 grafts left in my head and I can also take another 1000 from my beard. Unfortunately, I am still shedding (periodically heavy) in my native hairs and probably I will need one more hair transplant in the near future.

I am exactly on the same boat as yourself . Currently a nw5-6 at 36years of age and getting a 3500 graft (1000 beard + 2500 hair ) FUE in october.
My donor area is not the greatest , i have been told if 3500 grefts were taken from the back ,i would have to keep the donor area at 3-4 cms long minimum.

I have taken finasteride twice a few weeks back but was scared after reading stuff so i gave up and i dont think i would ever take the risk .
At the moment i am using revivogen ,S5 cream ,5mg biotin and shen min men tablets .

Regarding chest hairs , do you know if they are immune to DHT ? Was it more difficult or costly to extract chest hair in comparison to beard hair as they are spread into a larger area ?
Can you feel any diffrence between the head hair and chest hair in terms of combing and styling ?

I am super impressed with your results ,i would be well happy with much less at the moment :)

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
I am exactly on the same boat as yourself . Currently a nw5-6 at 36years of age and getting a 3500 graft (1000 beard + 2500 hair ) FUE in october.
My donor area is not the greatest , i have been told if 3500 grefts were taken from the back ,i would have to keep the donor area at 3-4 cms long minimum.

I have taken finasteride twice a few weeks back but was scared after reading stuff so i gave up and i dont think i would ever take the risk .
At the moment i am using revivogen ,S5 cream ,5mg biotin and shen min men tablets .

Regarding chest hairs , do you know if they are immune to DHT ? Was it more difficult or costly to extract chest hair in comparison to beard hair as they are spread into a larger area ?
Can you feel any diffrence between the head hair and chest hair in terms of combing and styling ?

I am super impressed with your results ,i would be well happy with much less at the moment :)

As far as I know, chest hairs are resistant to DHT, but they have the following disadvantages:

• they have different life cycles than those of the head (including the beard hairs)
  • smaller diameter
  • limitation in length
  • some times are curly and generally it is more difficult to achieve the best “growing angleâ€￾ for them.
However, they are a great alternative and supplement for people like as, with a > Norwood 5 if scattered in all of the problematic area.
As far as cost is concerned, most of the doctors and clinics, as far as I know, charge more for the body grafts. In DHI you pay by time and not by graft or hair. However, also there, the body and beard grafts are more expensive as the time needed for a doctor to extract them is more than the time needed for the head grafts.

vinnytr

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers :)

Lastly ,how do you find beard hairs in terms of thickness especially while styling your hair ? Will they accept the direction you brush/comb them ?

Also i have been told a beard graft is so thick, it will cover an area where 2 head hairs normally would . Do you think this has been the case ?

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers :)

Lastly ,how do you find beard hairs in terms of thickness especially while styling your hair ? Will they accept the direction you brush/comb them ?

Also i have been told a beard graft is so thick, it will cover an area where 2 head hairs normally would . Do you think this has been the case ?

I have no problem with styling the beard hairs. As long as your doctor put them with the same (right) angle and depth then there will be no problem at all. As far as thickness of beard hairs is concerned, yes they are thicker than those of head hairs, but still not so much in order to cover the area you mentioned (I think). Another thing I have read somewhere (I can’t remember where) is that after some circles the beard hairs transplanted in the head tend to become similar to the rest of the head hairs (that means that their thickness is reduced) I do not know however if this is true, I will wait and see about that.

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the best hair transplant I ever sew, wow

Thank you for your comment, still, there are plenty of very good hair transplant out there. Mine, is just an effort which started some years ago with a lot of faith and patience. You have to know that being in a >NW5 it is not an easy case for hair transplant. You need more than two hair transplants in order to succeed and If you want only FUE then you will definitely need grafts from other parts of your body as well (eg chest, beard etc).

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
New pics? How's your hair looking?

not much change from month 6, but during this month I can see some more new hairs. Pics of month 8 will follow soon.

PS. I quit tretinoin, because I had intense itching