My Hair Transplants Story - Going From Nw6 To Nw2 (i Guess)

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, because I got tired to share my story via other posts or PMs. I have decided to open a new thread with the link of my photo-story. So, at: http://imgur.com/a/hyVtt#0 you will find the story of my hair transplants accompanied with photos. For any discussion but also to inform you about any new development and new photos I (and you) will use this post.

shocksl

Reaction score
wow that looks like excellent results. which hair surgen did u use? and how much did it cost? How much grafts did you end up using all together?

And also does it matter which hairs u use i.e beard vs body. As I have alot of chest hair lol

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi shocksl,
Thank you for your kind words. As I am writing down in my signature, I have implanted 5.536 grafts. Out of these, almost 900 were from chest and another 550 from beard. Beard hairs are better than chest hairs as they have almost similar life-circles with those of the head, are much more thick and give a better result. However, grafts from chest can also play a significant role to the final result If distributed scattered in the head.

All of my hair transplants were done at DHI and I have paid approximately 14.000 euros for them (you must have in mind that beard and chest grafts are more expensive than head grafts, even if a clinic charge by time and not by hair or graft, which is the case with DHI, because they need more time in order to extract them).

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm still stunned by your result, no one would know you were ever bald. I have a relatively small head and a lot of beard/body hair so I hope for a similar result in the future if my male pattern baldness accelerates (I'm a diffuse with a NW6 pattern).

Oh and your closer to NW1 than 2.

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
thank you for your kind words. Two quick answers-remarks. I did lower the triangle of my hairline (not much maybe less than 0,5 cm) generally it is better to “step inâ€￾ the existing hairline.
I have a small head and a lot of multi haired grafts. Those two is the best for a successful hair transplant. I have a smaller head than an average person. That means that an average person could need more than 6.500 grafts in order to reach this result. Also, if you have plenty of multi haired grafts the density is much more apparent. The rest (angle, natural result in general) is a matter of the doctors’ experience and efficiency.

mashang

Established Member
Reaction score
Absolutely stunned by the results .. nice job to the Doctor..
can i ask if you are on any meds ?

also with beard and chest can you grow your hair longer, ??

thanks

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
yes I have seen him. Actually, he was the reason that I asked (and used) for beard hairs in my case too. Excellent result.

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I’ am in month 5 now and as usual I have uploaded new pictures in my photo-album: http://imgur.com/a/hyVtt#24
Generally, the situation is almost identical with this in month four. However, many new hairs slowly start to appear.
In the beard donor area there are no scars at all and both density and quality have not greatly affected.

B

Beingbaldsucks

holy sh*t that looks f*****g awesome, (if it will stay of course and not fall)

say,buzzing it to 0 i mean to get the shaved head look will be smooth or it will cause it to fall?

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanx Beingbaldsucks,
No, it will not fall, Actually I had them for a while almost shaved, but as my first hair transplant took place back in 2006 and the extraction tool used then was 1,2 mm I have some white dots apparent,. That is not the case with my last hair transplants though where the extraction tools were 0,7-0,9 mm and their quality was also better. From these hair transplants I have zero scars and this is obvious if you look at my beard donor area.

HairLossFreak

Reaction score
Looks really good man :punk:
Question though, as you used beard hair and other hair, are you able to grow it out? Or do you have to keep it short? I couldn't imagine that those beard hairs would grow out very well and look like/feel like normal hair.

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi HairLossFreak, thank you for your comments. The beard hairs until now (I am in month five so I would have a clear view in a few months) seem very natural and cannot be distinguished from the rest of the hairs. The thing is that I do not want to grow my hair a lot as it is very curly and I do not like it when it is longer than 2-3 cm. So I will not be able to answer your question.

BreakingBald

Reaction score
I noticed that you said you went with Direct Hair Implant. I see that on their website they claim that there method is much better than F.U.E. Do you feel that it is? It looks like the same method to me, just done with a slightly more precise tool? :dunno:

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed that you said you went with Direct Hair Implant. I see that on their website they claim that there method is much better than F.U.E. Do you feel that it is? It looks like the same method to me, just done with a slightly more precise tool? :dunno:
In my eyes DHI Direct is a FUE method, just a bit more advance than the regular one. I am copying from their site:
DIRECT: With the DHI technique we extract each hair follicle one by one from the donor area and then implanted directly. With no holes or slits prior to implantation.

SEMI DIRECT: In some cases the hair follicles are placed immediately after extraction that is Protocol A (direct) and in some cases there is a delay in placement after extraction, Protocol B.

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
6 months and new hairs continue to come up ... The result is striking compared with how I was 2 years ago. In these images I left my hair to grow a little bit longer. This is the limit in length over which the hair curls and the styling become very difficult (I wish I had straight hair). In a few days I will maybe upload new photos because I think I will get a shorter haircut. You cannot imagine my joy as I use foam, gel and brush again in all over my head .... Every day I wake up look myself in the mirror and it seems incredible.

PHOTOS in: http://imgur.com/a/hyVtt#29

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Amazing man, no one would even think you were once an Norwood 5/6. You probably have thicker hair than me! And I'm only 23. It's odd to me though that you've had 5,500 grafts but the guy on page 1 I linked to has had something like 8500 yet your guys hair density is about the same. I think his hairline is a little lower but still, perhaps your head is a little smaller?

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
my head is very small the grafts were multihaired and I also had some miniaturized natural hairs which have been helped to grow back again using minoxidil-tretinoin. So let’s say that this result is actually 80% hair transplant and 20% therapy (I think, I should write it down in my signature as well). Anyhow the results are really amazing, really natural and I am more than happy with it (as I mentioned in my previous post)

As far as my density is concerned (and actually the density of every person with an hair transplant) I never expected the density I had when I was 18, however, the density in the recipient area is good ranging from 45-95 grafts or follicles/cm2 whereas in my donor area I have 105-110 follicles/cm2 (all of my donor area had been “worked” for extraction of grafts. So I suppose before my hair transplants my donor area must have at minimum 160-170 follicles/cm2). A huge role in the density of an hair transplant plays not only the number of grafts/cm2 but also if the grafts are multy-haired and if the doctors used the most appropriate angle of insertion (so as to achieve the best illusion). I will upload some photos in order to see what I mean