My Hair Transplants Story - Going From Nw6 To Nw2 (i Guess)

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
Your results are fantastic mate, well done.
Probably the most natural and best ive seen to date.

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you azuri.

wake_up_bomb

Reaction score
Hi Free,

I realise you've been asked a lot of questions already, but I have a few!

Where did you have your transplants done, could you provide a link?

How long did each transplant take to produce noticeable results?

How long did you have to wait between transplants?

Would I be right in thinking that each transplant cost roughly 2,000 euros?

Thanks in advance, and congrats on your results!

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
a lot of questions... most of them have been already answered in my previous posts. However:
All of my hair transplants had been done at DHI (but according to forum rules I cannot give a URL or anything else)
Each hair transplant took me (and generally takes to all of us) 6-8 months to produce noticeable results (and mostly 12 months for the final result)
From hair transplant to hair transplant you have to wait at least 10 months but if you are going to work in zones that you haven't touch during the previous one, then you may proceed earlier
No, each transplant does not cost roughly 2.000 euros. It depends on how many grafts you need. My first hair transplant for 1400 grafts cost me roughly 4.000 euros back in 2006. But the rest were cheaper because I have done them with them again.

Last edited:

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
I have covered all the remaining small gaps with SMP and some pics can be found in my photo album. A link for it can be found in my signature.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Some journey Free. I sincerely wish you continued success with your newfound happiness.
I have covered all the remaining small gaps with SMP and some pics can be found in my photo album. A link for it can be found in my signature.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
If these are the kind of results we can expect to get from a decent doctor with standard FUE of body hair that has typically poor yields, we should see some groundbreaking stuff from Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus as it should show much MUCH better yields of intact follicles being implanted.

Here's a comment I made in another forum about Pilofocus and BHT:

You sure are, but with Pilofocus you're getting nearly 100% success rates with harvested and implanted follicles. So moving hair around without any scars doesn't automatically set you up for any kind of 'failure'. What's nice is that you can always move hairs back.

BUT, suppose the regeneration claims are true. Why not harvest from the donor area.... and harvest again from the recipient area? Pilofocus keeps the follicle completely intact. No one would ever be able to tell you had any kind of procedure, its scarless. You could have it done 10X, it wouldnt matter.

Here's the other thing... if youre assuming your going to go bald, and regeneration DOESNT work (I hope this isn't the case) I would just get the maximum number of grafts possible right off the bat. IF youre going to go completely bald... well then, doesnt matter, might as well enjoy a significant improvement for the next 'X' number of years (maybe even score a woman in that time!?).

What I really wanna know though, is how Pilofocus could be used on body hair. My legs are riddled with hair... so, lets do some math!

My lower part of my legs (shin) is about 40cm in length. Lets be conservative with numbers and say its 35cm. Circumferance here is also around 38cm, so lets say 35cm. Around my thigh I get hair up to about 15cm in length with a circumferance of about 48cm. Lets say 45cm.

I'm NOT counting the knee either here. So lets no figure out the area!

Lower leg = 35cm * 35cm = 1225cm/2.
Upper leg = 15cm * 45cm = 675cm/2

I've thankfully got both legs, so that means 2 * (1225 + 675) = 3,800cm/2

Dayum, thats a lot!

Now... density! I've got about 4-7 hairs per cm/2. Depends on area. Let's say 4 hairs, and this is a low figure.

3,800 * 4 = 15,200 hairs!

On average, a hair follicle has about 2-3 hairs, so 2.5. Now lets divide:

15,200 / 2.5 = 6,080

We've got roughly, or at least (using conservative numbers) 6,000 follicles to harvest from legs ALONE... and without regeneration. I'll take hair off my arms too, but I won't count this figure (although these hairs would be awesome on the hairline for a fine natural look).

So, now we also have our donor hair from back and sides of head... which can be anywhere from 4,000 (low end) - 8,000 (if youre lucky) follicles... again, without regeneration.

I myself would need about 3,000 follicles to go back to basically an NW1-2 with good density. Hell, I could take just 1,600 grafts on hairline/temples and use leg hair for density everywhere else and I could finally get on with my life. But for higher norwoods... BHT with Pilofocus could do some amazing things. The problem to date with BHT has been survival rate of follicles... Pilofocus is supposed to alleviate that.

I hope Dr. Wesley seriously considers body hair. But more importantly, I really hope regeneration WORKS; one megasession and many of us would be DONE with this nightmare! :)

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
I have heard about Dr Wesley's Pilofocus method. It's an interesting approach, however, and because both multiplication and underskin harvest of grafts is far from been effective right now, I think I've done what I could for my case and really, I am very happy with the results.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a question, where did you do your MPG? And how much does it cost? Thanks.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing results. That must've cost a lot to get to that stage. Mine cost a fortune and I only had my temples done.

Aesthetic

Established Member
Reaction score
I have heard about Dr Wesley's Pilofocus method. It's an interesting approach, however, and because both multiplication and underskin harvest of grafts is far from been effective right now, I think I've done what I could for my case and really, I am very happy with the results.

congratulations man, really u have been spared a miserably life