My hair loss regimen turning into a success story?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
My finasteride results have come in to an extent at 9 months, nothing too great but an improvement. Although it was slowly improving since month 3. I posted about it. So yeah, wait on finasteride for sure.

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
I just want to be able to grow it out a bit and style it, because as of right now yes I have coverage. But the quality is still garbage. Do you think I can expect some "real hair"?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait till you get to the one year mark. Being a diffuser it's often hard as the whole top of the head is very DHT sensitive and you're young too. So that's why you're unhappy with the quality. But the medications have already done more than expected.

marcos72

Reaction score
Wow! I'm thinking about trying Minoxidil after this. I'm using Finas but your progression looks great.
Congrats!

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know where my hair would be without minoxidil. I used it for two years before taking a two month break and my hair is very dependent on it. I'm hoping that's where the propecia can come in and stabilize it.

medvedev7

Reaction score
Sorry, I am new to this site. Does someone know why I am not able to see any of the attached images?

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
Still can't do anything with my hair, the quality is really bad. Grows to a half inch then stops, it's the most frustrating thing ever. I mean I'm grateful for the coverage but I might as well shave it if it's not going to get the point where I can get a nice haircut. Should I just keep waiting?

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes keep waiting you can't do anything else anyway but your hair quality doesnt look that bad on the pics.

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
If I got these results from that short period of time, could I expect better quality hair in 3 or 4 more months?

skyghost

Reaction score
amazing results, there is a clear difference :punk:

stick your current regimen and you will be fine for a long time.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still can't do anything with my hair, the quality is really bad. Grows to a half inch then stops, it's the most frustrating thing ever. I mean I'm grateful for the coverage but I might as well shave it if it's not going to get the point where I can get a nice haircut. Should I just keep waiting?

That's because Minoxidil can give you different type of new hair, not necessarily as good as before. It can vary from just as good to wispy for example. If they are finasteride hairs, they will keep improving over more cycles. Even the Minoxidil ones will improve up to a year.

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
There's a crop of new blonde hairs popping up on my hairline. These are the same hairs that make up about half of my balding areas. Will these mature or is that it? Also, I haven't shed in a while. Can I expect another phase?

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
Update: went to EOD on 1.25mg of finasteride, and switched to Kirkland brand minoxidil instead of rogaine.

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, I take it anywhere from the morning to mid day. I don't think it matters though! Plus I take it EOD now but at the same dose which makes it even more irrelevant lol but I don't think that any of my results are from finasteride at all because the quality of the hair is still poor even though my coverage is good. I can't grow it out yet.