My hair loss regimen turning into a success story?

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, a little about myself. I'm pretty new so bare with me...I'm turning 23 next month, been having male pattern baldness since 18ish, used minoxidil since 20 for two years, some regrowth and maintenance but wasn't happy as I could still barely style my thin hair. I don't know what Norwood I am because I'm diffuse thinning as well as receding and crown thinning. But anyways started taking a low dose of finasteride in feb, same time I took a two month break off minoxidil. But in April I started taking 1.25mg of finasteride daily, and minoxidil twice a day. So far my hair has just gotten worse like I'm pretty much bald now. But I'm gonna ride it out so hopefully this will be a success story soon. Also, I use emu and Amla oil. And I just ordered S5 cream from here to be sure I cover all bases. I'll add pics tonight. How would you guys say my regimen is doing? Have I started finasteride too late? Am I going enough to see some results? HELP! Thoughts? Experiences with s5?

The first on the left of me in the elevator was taken on Friday, as you can see massive shedding, looks like complete sh**, the one beside it where you can see my thinning crown was taken the a little later that night. The one of me outside was on my first day of finasteride and min a little more than a month ago. Then the ones of me with longer hair were taken when I first stopped using minoxidil only in feb. So 4 months ago, we'll call it baseline.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 2,689
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 2,419
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,225
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 2,270
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 2,315
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 2,369
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 2,847

Chromio

Reaction score
yo Kenny k, I also use emu oil and tea tree oil. Heard they are good for reducing inflammation and helps kill bacteria. have u noticed any benefits from the emu oil?

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah a bit less redness caused by rogaine. Also, less flakes. I think that's probably it's best purpose. Question for Ya, can you see the pics?

Chromio

Reaction score
yeah I can see em now. Your hair is very similar to mine same diffusion pattern. I'm at complete loss now on how to thicken the top back up. It feels like I have tried everything. I guess all I can do now is sit back and see what results I get from finasteride. Hopefully they're decent.

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
Bro, ride out finasteride you've only been on it for 3 months. Also, use minoxidil twice a day. If in a year finasteride isn't doing much add S5 Cream, I am but just because my hormones are really strong.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you lose any hairs when you quit Minoxidil after 2 months? Wondering how long you can go without it.

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
Ohhhhh yeah, I was the baldest i've been in my life. Weird though, I was a different kind of bald than what I was before. When I was 20, my whole scalp was just miniaturizing, almost in a diffuse pattern. Then when I got on minoxidil it came back alright, then when I took the 2 month break it got so thin I was using toppik and spending 20 minutes positioning each hair to maximize coverage. I'm wondering if i'll get back to my minoxidil days...I shouldn't have been lazy, but I get it from the states bc its expensive and you need a script in canada.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: shedding has started to slowly decrease. It's still there but it's not gross anymore lol

ofcrash

Reaction score
Ohhhhh yeah, I was the baldest i've been in my life. Weird though, I was a different kind of bald than what I was before. When I was 20, my whole scalp was just miniaturizing, almost in a diffuse pattern. Then when I got on minoxidil it came back alright, then when I took the 2 month break it got so thin I was using toppik and spending 20 minutes positioning each hair to maximize coverage. I'm wondering if i'll get back to my minoxidil days...I shouldn't have been lazy, but I get it from the states bc its expensive and you need a script in canada.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: shedding has started to slowly decrease. It's still there but it's not gross anymore lol

It seems you had good results with minoxidil, but after the break it got worst. What kind of Rogaine you used? Foam or liquid?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you will get good results Kenny. Full result at one year but at 6 months I expect big changes too. Lot of hairs there for the medication to work on.

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
Foam, it's unnoticeable once it dries. But I think liquid is better because the amount you put on is easier to measure making it more consistent. Also, LipoGaine is the best I've ever used. Getting more now.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks man, it's a bit discouraging now because it looks past the point of salvation, but I really hope you're right. I'm coming up on 2 months next week on full dosage of finasteride and min.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE TIME! 2 months in! Well...7 weeks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 848

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
This is exactly a 2 month update. I thought I'd reupload a pic because the last was an edit and maybe no one saw it. You can see my hairline is starting to fill out, crowns still thin tho. Maybe it's just me?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 938

Chefcurrywts

Reaction score
U got the horseshoe going in the back of your head? Have you ever bicd your head? I gotta Horshoe going on so I bic my head. It sucks to be a slick bald.

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
Kinda, but no one in my family is above a nw5. I think horseshoe is nw7? Won't bic it until Its all gone lol

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is a 9 week update, I buzzed it after and dyed it but what do you guys think? I don't see anything, and my shed is coming back in full force! Also my libido has gone down, but that may have to do with the fact that I just got dumped by the love of my life last week lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 938

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol everytime I make a thread no one answers to my progress! Am I seeing things or what?!