My Finasteride Update, 22 Y/o (pics)

Wilfido melendez

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started with finasteride yesterday and I really don’t feel any sides hopefully it does good affect in me. But really bro there’s no point on worrying to much all you can do is wait or go for hair transplant

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some more photos from today

Attachments

• C22DF9F8-94F4-4E08-97BA-6EC46BBBE3FA.jpeg
    C22DF9F8-94F4-4E08-97BA-6EC46BBBE3FA.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 713
  • AF64EE19-D55F-4E16-9177-645F72BFD63E.jpeg
    AF64EE19-D55F-4E16-9177-645F72BFD63E.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 681

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started with finasteride yesterday and I really don’t feel any sides hopefully it does good affect in me. But really bro there’s no point on worrying to much all you can do is wait or go for hair transplant
Too young for transplant

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just dont see it man. Maybe the pics aren't showing it but in your before pictures I see an obvious bald spot which looks improved in the after

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look how much thinner the surrounding area is.., I don’t know how you can say it’s gotten any better.

This was after wearing a hat and flattening my hair

Attachments

• F16A15B0-1E88-4F7A-BB6E-7F4A32672B9F.jpeg
    F16A15B0-1E88-4F7A-BB6E-7F4A32672B9F.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 640
  • F4F52444-B7CB-4ED4-9286-D8F99A1FC1FF.jpeg
    F4F52444-B7CB-4ED4-9286-D8F99A1FC1FF.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 618

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look how much thinner the surrounding area is.., I don’t know how you can say it’s gotten any better.

This was after wearing a hat and flattening my hair

I guess I can see that there is some pigmentary changes but it seems like the bald spot you had filled in and you now have better overall coverage?

What I do know 100% is that no fullhead on the street will think that is balding. If the professional norwood spotters here have trouble telling then you definitely don’t need to be a hat slave yet

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude come on, everyone can see this sh*t. I guess with toppik it kinda helps. But the flatness of the hair gives it away anyway.

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude come on, everyone can see this sh*t. I guess with toppik it kinda helps. But the flatness of the hair gives it away anyway.

I really doubt it man but sometimes irl is different than pictures... I did fool a lot of people on this forum who said my thinning was just my natural density. Went to a hair transplant dr in the area who confirmed that I was thinning.

Hey try finding a local hair transplant doctor who can take a look at your density and also take standardized pics for you to take a look at in a few months. Can’t hurt... and you’ll have all the info you need to tell if you need to do something like upping to avodart

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really doubt it man but sometimes irl is different than pictures... I did fool a lot of people on this forum who said my thinning was just my natural density. Went to a hair transplant dr in the area who confirmed that I was thinning.

Hey try finding a local hair transplant doctor who can take a look at your density and also take standardized pics for you to take a look at in a few months. Can’t hurt... and you’ll have all the info you need to tell if you need to do something like upping to avodart
Idk man I think I might just go with a partial crown system. I can’t see myself growing back what I want.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s an update. A little over 2 months on finasteride, hair is worse. Gray shirt is from today, black shirt is from 1 month ago. Why the f*** is this happening so quick?? The rest of the pics are from today as well, top view of crown hasn’t changed much but I started diffusing like f*****g crazy (my night time greasy hair makes it look a bit worse)

Should I stick with finasteride or gtfo? Who goes this noticeably below baseline in just two months? I’m not tripping between those two pics of me lifting my hair right? That is noticeably worse.

Attachments

• 221DF25E-F2E7-4EE2-B658-4E3FDDC79BEA.jpeg
    221DF25E-F2E7-4EE2-B658-4E3FDDC79BEA.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 674
  • EE21A7A6-2849-4C1D-B2D8-1ECE3910136C.jpeg
    EE21A7A6-2849-4C1D-B2D8-1ECE3910136C.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 613
  • 25917D06-C978-4776-930B-F795CEE029B4.jpeg
    25917D06-C978-4776-930B-F795CEE029B4.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 562
  • 4DD32683-61C4-4786-844E-32082BD2A4A1.jpeg
    4DD32683-61C4-4786-844E-32082BD2A4A1.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 600
  • 83A75CE8-C622-4E77-99CA-4F6A67363364.jpeg
    83A75CE8-C622-4E77-99CA-4F6A67363364.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 549

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
sheds can last a while, just ride it out. Year minimum. Hard to do, but you have no choice.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
sheds can last a while, just ride it out. Year minimum. Hard to do, but you have no choice.
But noticeable decrease like within a month? Have you seen anything like that with a recovery to baseline?

Also, I can always switch over to dutasteride. I’m not experiencing any sides, so I guess why not

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
i thought about switching to dutasteride but decided just to wait out a full year with finasteride first, i don't get unbearable sides either. I would wait a year assess your hair then think about adding minoxidil or dutasteride. i wouldn't focus too much on every hair you are losing.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
i thought about switching to dutasteride but decided just to wait out a full year with finasteride first, i don't get unbearable sides either. I would wait a year assess your hair then think about adding minoxidil or dutasteride. i wouldn't focus too much on every hair you are losing.
But we’re you losing ground within the first months?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
But we’re you losing ground within the first months?

Not sure, i started finasteride and minoxidil end of january and stopped minoxidil in april, massive shed that left me below baseline. Think im just starting to recover from it, so i can't say for sure whether finasteride made me lose ground since i started minoxidil at the same time.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure, i started finasteride and minoxidil end of january and stopped minoxidil in april, massive shed that left me below baseline. Think im just starting to recover from it, so i can't say for sure whether finasteride made me lose ground since i started minoxidil at the same time.
Ugh idk man all I can say is I believe finasteride has definitely sped up my thinning but I guess it’s only been two months. I’ll be bald by the 6 month mark and get a system, f*** it

Wilfido melendez

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you star finasteride and you start minoxidil you will shed more if you stop either one. If you started with both gotta stay with both if you started with one gotta stay with that one
People don’t understand that finasteride and minoxidil don’t work the same.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you star finasteride and you start minoxidil you will shed more if you stop either one. If you started with both gotta stay with both if you started with one gotta stay with that one
People don’t understand that finasteride and minoxidil don’t work the same.

Part of the reason i don't recommend noobies like myself starting both at the same time, should have just tried finasteride for a year and then decided whether or not to add minoxidil. Was a mistake starting both at the same time.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Part of the reason i don't recommend noobies like myself starting both at the same time, should have just tried finasteride for a year and then decided whether or not to add minoxidil. Was a mistake starting both at the same time.
Not only that but you never know which one is actually helping you better. Its best to start finasteride first if you can. I know people want a quick result so they use both at the same time. I know in my case minoxidil does help because I have been on and off it for at least 10 times over the past 13 years and every time I return back it on I get some improvement. I finally found a minoxidil I like which causes the least problems, Lipogaine for sensitive scalp. I have retried some Rogaine foam( I like how it looks cosmetically) and for some reason I am getting some itchiness but its not too bad.

Wilfido melendez

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hey bro your not alone I did the same mistake I started with minoxidil and it worked but then started finasteride
Just to find out that now I gotta stay with both lol
But hey bro it is what it is.