My 6 months results with Dutasteride

Andi0501

My Regimen
Reaction score
Y
FYI - I stopped dutasteride last month after 6 years of use. Great maintenance over the years. No sides whatsoever. I just feel like hairloss is no longer my priority in life and prefer to get off drugs

Funny thing is that I actually had some sides for a couple weeks AFTER quitting dutasteride but never while I was on it (the usual ones, low semen volume, pleasureless orgasms, low libido). I guess it was my T levels rebalancing themselves. But everything is fine now

I'm just taking finasteride now
You've exzellentely thickened and maintained your hair! Amazing results! Hope Finasterid alone will be adequate for further maintenance

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve been on 0.5mg Avodart every day for a year and no sides. Did you feel like the effects tapered off after a few years?

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
Nope, it was working just as fine 6 years later. Actually I think it's thicker right now than it's ever been

We'll see if finasteride alone doesn't perform as well
My hair on Dutasteride has stopped shedding entirely but parts of my hairline still are shorter, did this happen with you

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't really say bro, I'm a diffuse thinner so my hairline is fine

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
FYI - I stopped dutasteride last month after 6 years of use. Great maintenance over the years. No sides whatsoever. I just feel like hairloss is no longer my priority in life and prefer to get off drugs

Funny thing is that I actually had some sides for a couple weeks AFTER quitting dutasteride but never while I was on it (the usual ones, low semen volume, pleasureless orgasms, low libido). I guess it was my T levels rebalancing themselves. But everything is fine now

I'm just taking finasteride now
Why switch to finasteride if you’re looking to get off drugs and didn’t have side effects on dutasteride?

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why switch to finasteride if you’re looking to get off drugs and didn’t have side effects on dutasteride?
Because dutasteride is a way stronger drug. Half life of 5 weeks for dutasteride vs. 8 hours for finasteride. I think semen volume is decreased by 30% on dutasteride vs 10% on finasteride

And it the long run I'd like to quit everything all together

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's in my signature...

0.5 mg dutasteride ED (Dutas)
+
1.25 mg finasteride EOD (Teva)

So am I right in thinking for 5 years every week you took 7 0.5mg dutasteride and 4 1.25mg finasteride?

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks dude!

I don't think I have much regrowth, but at least I'm stable. It's hard to tell with the pic. I can't believe I'm turning 33 and I still have a good amount of hair left. I was 27 when it started and I didn't think I would have hair left by age 30.

Honestly I'm glad I added dutasteride just for the peace of mind. It helped me stop obsessing, I didn't want to have regrets.

The most important thing I've noticed is that I keep losing a moderate amount of hair. So people really need to stop focusing on that, it doesn't it mean anything once you're taking the meds. If you hair is thinner you will still lose hair in faster cycles, so more hair falling, that won't change. But most importantly the hair grows back with the meds
Also did you continue to loose a moderate amount of hair? If so could you potentially guess how much per day?

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So am I right in thinking for 5 years every week you took 7 0.5mg dutasteride and 4 1.25mg finasteride?
That was at the beginning. I actually took 0.5mg dutasteride + 1.25mg finasteride daily for 6 years

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also did you continue to loose a moderate amount of hair? If so could you potentially guess how much per day?
Yep it never really stopped but still maintained. Not too sure how many, since I don't pay attention anymore, I would say at least 100. I get 1 or 2 hairs each time when I run my hand through it

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That was at the beginning. I actually took 0.5mg dutasteride + 1.25mg finasteride daily for 6 years

Damn, fair enough!

Also I see your planning to stop soon all I can say is don't come off cold turkey, slowly decrease your doses and then come off it.