My 6 months results with Dutasteride

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
amazing results, how did you transition from finasteride to Duta? did you slowly taper off Fina then hoped on Duta?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
@maxou

Nice regrowth, followed by great maintenance! I remember you and it's funny how people say anti androgens don't work or are pointless when it's aggressive. When in your case you're basically a full head and may maintain for decades. I've been on finasteride for 5 years almost and although I wasn't aggressive like yours, I've maintained it all and my hair looks early 20s easily.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
amazing results, how did you transition from finasteride to Duta? did you slowly taper off Fina then hoped on Duta?

It takes quite a bit for dutasteride serum levels to reach their peak, id say take finasteride along with dutasteride for a month then ditch the finasteride.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see

serious question; what is your diet like? sugar consumption? do you drink alcohol? smoke? etc...?
Ovo-lacto vegetarian. I never eat deserts except for fruit, no snacking either.

Most of my meals consist of rice, veggies and tofu or veggie burgers. And of course a good amount of fruits.

Never smoked. Usually a can of beer after work.

I don’t think my diet has anything to do with my hairloss though, in a good or bad way.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ovo-lacto vegetarian. I never eat deserts except for fruit, no snacking either.

Most of my meals consist of rice, veggies and tofu or veggie burgers. And of course a good amount of fruits.

Never smoked. Usually a can of beer after work.

I don’t think my diet has anything to do with my hairloss though, in a good or bad way.

yeah I know that -- only reason I asked is because (wack theory of mine) a balanced healthy diet along with low sugar consumption helps shun all the negative side effects from Fina/Duta (which you said you haven't experienced any)

regardless, awesome results.

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@maxou Strange seeing this post of mine from 4 years ago - In the end i never made the switch to Dutasteride but my hair has maintained throughout these years just like yours has.

Cheers for keeping us all updated.

I'd bet if more people that make threads at 6 months about not responding or getting worse came back years later we would hear more like this. You gotta be in it for the long term when you start this stuff but too many quit early.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those medicines are legit unless the seller online created fakes and sold it to you. I have diffuse thinning too. You never tried Rogaine once a day atleast?. Your crown could go to full recovery because dht is probably non existent now.
I've heard finasteride is so cheap, it would be more expensive to make fake finasteride. Dont know about duta though.

Dennis1775

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is undeniable that dutasteride gave me brainfog!!! Which is unlivable!!! I do not know what to do about it.I started balding at 20 and hopped directly onto dutasteride I went through a crazy shedding phase and I don't know whether continue or not.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has your hair maintained the gains you have in this original post?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you still considering jumping on dutasteride?
Yes. Strongly considering it now as the hair in my parting is becoming very see through. I hung out with a girl today and she complimented my hair so I don’t think regular people notice it, but every time I look in the mirror it’s clear as day to me. It was not like this a couple of months ago.

How bad is this in your opinion?

Attachments

• 30677300-5DB8-471F-A6DF-C9A545B417D6.jpeg
    30677300-5DB8-471F-A6DF-C9A545B417D6.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,217
  • D9A776D4-F5D6-43B1-893D-72CAAEAFFF62.jpeg
    D9A776D4-F5D6-43B1-893D-72CAAEAFFF62.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,213
  • 83822F70-5B78-4951-8751-E807C1B2CE39.jpeg
    83822F70-5B78-4951-8751-E807C1B2CE39.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,229

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Strongly considering it now as the hair in my parting is becoming very see through. I hung out with a girl today and she complimented my hair so I don’t think regular people notice it, but every time I look in the mirror it’s clear as day to me. It was not like this a couple of months ago.

How bad is this in your opinion?
Dude your hair is great, I don’t see a problem

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude your hair is great, I don’t see a problem

Thanks, but I am significantly thinner than before finasteride. For the past year I was fine, and felt I was maintaining, but in the last 2 months I’ve started seeing my scalp with dry hair when I look in the mirror. That’s new. That never happened before. That shows I am losing ground, as good as my hair may be relative to others on this site. I’d like to stop losing ground and it seems dutasteride is the only other choice.

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, but I am significantly thinner than before finasteride. For the past year I was fine, and felt I was maintaining, but in the last 2 months I’ve started seeing my scalp with dry hair when I look in the mirror. That’s new. That never happened before. That shows I am losing ground, as good as my hair may be relative to others on this site. I’d like to stop losing ground and it seems dutasteride is the only other choice.

I've started shedding on dutasteride too.

I did shed very badly on finasteride and then it regrew to a decent level of density, so I'm hoping dutasteride is simply doing the same thing.

MJ_2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking good I really hope you can beat the diffuse thinning!

This gives me hope that Dr. Reddy's Dutas is legit as I have been seriously doubting it. I was on finasteride for almost 10 years with great success but slowly started to creep back to baseline so I added Dutas.

I took Dutas EOD along with my 1.25 finasteride daily for nearly a year and saw no change. I've now been on Dutas daily now for 6 months (still taking my finasteride 1.25mg), no change yet from what I can tell but I know I have to give it a year. If Dutas is legit I think I will see some results come December. Your post gives me some encouragement.

@hmm, 10 years of finasteride ! Does it actually work for 10 years ... and what about sides ?

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FYI - I stopped dutasteride last month after 6 years of use. Great maintenance over the years. No sides whatsoever. I just feel like hairloss is no longer my priority in life and prefer to get off drugs

Funny thing is that I actually had some sides for a couple weeks AFTER quitting dutasteride but never while I was on it (the usual ones, low semen volume, pleasureless orgasms, low libido). I guess it was my T levels rebalancing themselves. But everything is fine now

I'm just taking finasteride now