My 6 months results with Dutasteride

hz123456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah no seriously thanks for posting 4 years later. I imagine hairloss isn’t something that’s on your mind too much now, so it was nice to hear back from people who have positive results as it gives hope to others.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Excellent! Thanks for coming back. Any chance of a pic with wet hair like the originals? Also, still no sides to speak of? I also noticed you switched to Dutagen from Dutas. I'm assuming it works just as well?

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll try to recreate the picture of my first post when I get a chance

I switched to Dutagen because it was cheaper. I didn't notice a difference. But Inhouse just increased their prices. I might have to switch back to Dutas from Alldaychemist

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
great result
i started dutastiride 2 months now but from the first month i notice an excesive hairloss more than 150 hair and the most of them are very short, about 1cm.
my hair after 2 month on dutasteride are much worse..
i think a am going to quit and hop i regrow some hair back...
View attachment 108787 View attachment 108788
i wish i have never take avodart..... :(
Hey man, you need to stop worrying.

I always told myself that this whole process is like investing in stock market. If you keep selling your stock when the prices drop, you’ll never make any profits. Stop looking at the prices day to day. You need to be long term for any results.

Like I said I haven’t had any regrowth. I caught the hairloss early enough that when my hair is dry you can’t really tell much. I’ll post some pics later but the pic I sent last week was misleading.

konapo_man

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, you need to stop worrying.

I always told myself that this whole process is like investing in stock market. If you keep selling your stock when the prices drop, you’ll never make any profits. Stop looking at the prices day to day. You need to be long term for any results.

Like I said I haven’t had any regrowth. I caught the hairloss early enough that when my hair is dry you can’t really tell much. I’ll post some pics later but the pic I sent last week was misleading.
Hello
How can i stop Worrying?
I lost everything i just two months since i begin to take dutastiride .

If it continuous to shedd like crazy in 6 months i will have only my eyebrows left....
What do you suggest? Stick with a drug that make my head worse and maybe never regrow me initial hair back? Or quit and start some alternative like finasteride .?
By the way thanks for your answer Bro

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man. Did you see further decline when you were on just finasteride? You say you didn’t have any results, does that mean you lost more hair?

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello
How can i stop Worrying?
Honestly I don't really know. I didn't shed from the meds. But I know how you feel and how depressing it is. You need to stay strong. I would suggest to give it at least a full year before giving up. That's what I would do. Hair grows in cycles and will for sure come back.

Hey man. Did you see further decline when you were on just finasteride? You say you didn’t have any results, does that mean you lost more hair?
Honestly I don't really know. It was 4 years ago and my goal at the time was like many people here to get regrowth. So I was disappointed. It didn't get that much worse than before starting finasteride in my opinion.

Who knows where I would be today if I had just kept my finasteride regimen without adding dutasteride. Maybe in the exact same situation as I am today

konapo_man

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I don't really know. I didn't shed from the meds. But I know how you feel and how depressing it is. You need to stay strong. I would suggest to give it at least a full year before giving up. That's what I would do. Hair grows in cycles and will for sure come back.

Thanks for the support men

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your awesome for coming back Maxou. I just started adding dutasteride to finasteride twice a week and I hope it saves me.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I don't remember any timeline. I'm a diffuse thinner with thin hair, some days it feels thick others it feels so thin especially when the humidity is low. But I feel like most of my results, if any, happened in the second year. I don't know if it's the finasteride or the dutasteride from Inhouse.

I finally managed to get a valid prescription for dutasteride so I started Camber dutasteride 3 weeks ago. I got some slight sides from it for a week, which disappeared just like the first time I started finasteride. So now I'm wondering if the Dutas, and Dutagen I took for 5 years from Inhouse was actually legit. Because I never got those sides when I started them.

It's just so hard to judge progress with diffuse hairloss. And honestly I want to stop worrying about it all together. Every time I start obsessing, my scalp starts to burn. This is why I try to stay away from these forums. I'll probably return in a few years with an update and hopefully it can give hope to younger guys here.

I took a few pics today and compared with where I was 6 years ago. My crown is probably the worst area now. But for 6 years this is probably the best I could hope for.

Attachments

• file.jpeg
    file.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 2,036
  • file2.jpg
    file2.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 1,938
Last edited:

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your regime atm in terms of finasteride and dutasteride? I too have been taking finasteride for close to a year and have noticed little difference in my hairloss so am thinking of switching to dutasteride.

@maxou Strange seeing this post of mine from 4 years ago - In the end i never made the switch to Dutasteride but my hair has maintained throughout these years just like yours has.

Cheers for keeping us all updated.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@maxou Strange seeing this post of mine from 4 years ago - In the end i never made the switch to Dutasteride but my hair has maintained throughout these years just like yours has.

Cheers for keeping us all updated.
Good to hear bro! I probably would have maintained too with finasteride only. But I will never know I guess

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
great results i'm jealous bro. I got the same regrowth including on my temples 2 years ago when I was on 2mg dutasteride. Couldn't maintain the regrowth though it shedded away for some f'in reason then I lowered the dosage as it's not necessary