My 6 months results with Dutasteride

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a ****ing diffuse thinner.

After a year of no results with 1mg finasteride, I decided to jump on dutasteride.

Here are my results just 6 months in with dutasteride (Dutas fron Inhouse). I feel like things are starting to look better, what do you think?

Left is now, right is 6 months ago.

p4jz.jpg

dg4x.jpg

Glad to answer any questions.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Great regrowth, one year you will probably have a full head of hair again.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you completely abandoned finasteride or is what your regimen says still up to date? No minoxidil too? Normally diffusers thrive on it, can see why you wouldn't want to use it though.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still taking finasteride EOD at 1.25 mg, I'd probably drop it if I manage to get a prescription for dutasteride.

I tried minoxidil for about 3 weeks over a year ago and it was just a pain. I have a sensitive scalp and applying chemicals on it was just increasing the itch and the burn.

Forgot to mention I'm 29, started nocting hairloss at age 27

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
Great results! I am surprised that finasteride did so little for you in a years time compared to dutasteride. Are you waiting for dutasteride to go generic to get a prescription?

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairloss is very aggressive. I think finasteride stabilized the thinning but my theory is finasteride was not strong enough to reverse it.

What do you mean by dutasteride going generic? I am already taking a generic version of dutasteride. I need a prescription from a doctor though

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very slight recession in the temples but hardly anything. I think i might be Norwood 1.5 so dutasteride didn't do anything to that. My hair loss is just purely diffuse. I'm aiming for more density and hair weight.

You should complete a full year of finasteride before switching, then consider a new plan. At least it's comforting to know you still have other options waiting for you.

hmm

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking good I really hope you can beat the diffuse thinning!

This gives me hope that Dr. Reddy's Dutas is legit as I have been seriously doubting it. I was on finasteride for almost 10 years with great success but slowly started to creep back to baseline so I added Dutas.

I took Dutas EOD along with my 1.25 finasteride daily for nearly a year and saw no change. I've now been on Dutas daily now for 6 months (still taking my finasteride 1.25mg), no change yet from what I can tell but I know I have to give it a year. If Dutas is legit I think I will see some results come December. Your post gives me some encouragement.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No sides whatsoever

Not even noticing a decrease in hair falling, which is still moderate

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your regime atm in terms of finasteride and dutasteride? I too have been taking finasteride for close to a year and have noticed little difference in my hairloss so am thinking of switching to dutasteride.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your regime atm in terms of finasteride and dutasteride? I too have been taking finasteride for close to a year and have noticed little difference in my hairloss so am thinking of switching to dutasteride.

It's in my signature...

0.5 mg dutasteride ED (Dutas)
+
1.25 mg finasteride EOD (Teva)

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No further improvement - will keep you updated around the 1 year mark (which is next month ALREADY)

I was on dutasteride EOD + 1.25mg of finasteride ED for the first 4 months btw then switched to dutasteride ED + 1.25mg of finasteride ED

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Both because I'm not 100% sure the dutasteride is legit and don't want to lose any benefits I've been getting from finasteride

hz123456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the update maxou. Incredible hair. Looking back 4 years ago, are you happy you added dutasteride? Any problems/shedding along your journey?

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks dude!

I don't think I have much regrowth, but at least I'm stable. It's hard to tell with the pic. I can't believe I'm turning 33 and I still have a good amount of hair left. I was 27 when it started and I didn't think I would have hair left by age 30.

Honestly I'm glad I added dutasteride just for the peace of mind. It helped me stop obsessing, I didn't want to have regrets.

The most important thing I've noticed is that I keep losing a moderate amount of hair. So people really need to stop focusing on that, it doesn't it mean anything once you're taking the meds. If you hair is thinner you will still lose hair in faster cycles, so more hair falling, that won't change. But most importantly the hair grows back with the meds